New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge'

New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge'

Friday, July 2nd, 2010 5:18pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 56,478

The website for third party iGear has been updated, featuring new images for one of their upcoming products, PP03E Elegy. This Masterpiece Dirge is loosely based off of Masterpiece Starscream and the design of Seibertron.com's own Wheeljack-S70. Check out Elegy and his rockets in the pictures below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): iGear

Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093506)
Posted by LiKwid on July 2nd, 2010 @ 5:23pm CDT
That's hawt...Plain and simple..Hawt..
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093517)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 2nd, 2010 @ 5:38pm CDT
Very good looking piece. It will probably be a while before he hits the shelves of my collection though. Generations, MP Grimlock, and FP have priority over iGear.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093519)
Posted by goshjosh95 on July 2nd, 2010 @ 5:43pm CDT
Looks great overall, but those missiles as blasters in bot-mode look dumb.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093525)
Posted by REMINATOR on July 2nd, 2010 @ 5:55pm CDT
That is awesome, I love it! And there's no stupid hip kibble or samurai look. Take that TTomy!
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093547)
Posted by Covenant on July 2nd, 2010 @ 6:28pm CDT
That is freakin' BEAUTIFUL!
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093619)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 2nd, 2010 @ 8:34pm CDT
Ok, that looks very cool. I will probably buy these.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093620)
Posted by Botswanky on July 2nd, 2010 @ 8:42pm CDT
Wake up Hasbro/Takara... This is what we want!
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093632)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2010 @ 9:02pm CDT
it would lok if they swithced the missles in the arms in bot for the blasters that are on the wing
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093633)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 2nd, 2010 @ 9:04pm CDT
I had just preordered PP01 2nd edition when i saw the news for this. It looks really cool. I was on the fence about these figures but all the additions to PP01 convinced me to buy it. This should be really awesome as well.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093649)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 2nd, 2010 @ 9:36pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:Ok, that looks very cool. I will probably buy these.

I looks cool, but feels wrong. :-?
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093699)
Posted by Savage on July 3rd, 2010 @ 1:34am CDT

That said, this guy looks badass, but he would have to be pretty affordable for me to buy one.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093701)
Posted by Blurrz on July 3rd, 2010 @ 1:43am CDT
Savage wrote:That picture next to MP Prime leads me to believe that this guy will tower over the regular MP Seekers. Also, "loosely based" my tailpipe. This is getting REALLY close to the copyright infringement line, I cannot see Hasbro being very happy about this.

That's Mini-MP Prime, not MP Prime.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093708)
Posted by Kibble on July 3rd, 2010 @ 2:58am CDT
Savage wrote:This is getting REALLY close to the copyright infringement line, I cannot see Hasbro being very happy about this.

Getting close? I think they did a long jump over the line with mini KO Prime and now they're just pissing all over the place!

But I must say, it looks pretty damn good... I can only hope HasTak announces their own before these come out and piss on them back.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093719)
Posted by Illmatic on July 3rd, 2010 @ 4:59am CDT
I think this figure looks amazing! Would really like to add this to my collection. It's really a shame that Takara/Hasbro could be putting out something like this instead of another MP Prime repaint!
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093724)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 3rd, 2010 @ 5:11am CDT
Blurrz wrote:

That's Mini-MP Prime, not MP Prime.

Even though it is a blatant rip-off, I really like the scale of the "mini" MP OP.

As far as the Dirge figure, I think it looks extremely good. Still, it is a rip-off though.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093744)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 3rd, 2010 @ 6:21am CDT
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093750)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 3rd, 2010 @ 6:48am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Um, I'm not very sure about these... He looks like he could fall apart any minute :-? If Peaugh does a review for this guy, and I think it's good, I MAY get it. Emphasis on MAY :-?

He actually looks just as solid as any MP Seeker.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093751)
Posted by Starscream6 on July 3rd, 2010 @ 6:52am CDT
how is THIS getting too close to infringement, a figure they have yet to make...but the blatant rip off of MP prime wasnt? :roll: its a wonder has/tak hasnt ripped them a new one yet

he does look amazing though. heres to hoping has/tak makes us a OFFICIAL MP sized retooled conehead seeker set!
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093767)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 3rd, 2010 @ 8:13am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:Ok, that looks very cool. I will probably buy these.

I looks cool, but feels wrong. :-?

Agreed! Would take a Has/Tak release of them over these any day.
Re: New Images of PP03E Elegy 'Masterpiece Dirge' (1093806)
Posted by Hans on July 3rd, 2010 @ 10:35am CDT
Hmm, at first we thought it was a mini-masterpiece, but now that this has been confirmed to be full scale, I'll be getting the set (I assume "Fighter Team" indicates they'll be releasing all three Coneheads in one set, but if not, I'll be getting Dirge/"Elegy" in any case... and the others, too).

And yes, I also think Takara/Tomy dropped the ball on these. How many repaints of MP did they make? Prime, then Magnus, then Prime again but with a trailer, then Nemesis Prime, now we have "dead Prime"... geez guys, if you had just given us a retooled Starscream mold as Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust this wouldn't have happened.

But as long as it looks good on display... I don't really care who makes it. I for one will be getting this.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer GALVATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "NEW GRIMLOCK Evolution 2-Pack Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro AOE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION SNARL, Generations Deluxe Dinobot 2014." on EBAY
Buy "NOS Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Combiner Golden Helmet" on EBAY