New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack

Transformers News: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack

Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 12:29PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 16,884

We have an additional peek into the current state and direction of the upcoming Bumblebee The Movie, thanks to an interview from Billboard magazine! They stopped Hailey Steinfeld, the movie's star, on the red carpet of this year's Grammy's to ask her about her upcoming music and her upcoming Transformers project!

In addition to being an actress, she's a talented musician, with several chart-scaling hits, so obviously one of the questions asked was about if she had any intention to produce music for Bumblebee. She revealed she might be producing some and collaborating with...Bumblebee?!?!

Take a look at the full transcript of the interview below, speculate down in the Energon Pub Forums, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for any further updates on Bee's budding music career!

INT: You're working on some new music you told, you told Billboard about some new music that you're working on and how it's going to take kind of a different direction this time around; what can we say about it?

H: Well you know it's funny, I'm, I'm in the process, I mean I've been, I've been working on music for a while, um, and it's funny cause obviously a movie can come up and take me sort of out of the game for two, three months. Um, and so I do feel like, as much as I could say I'm sort of in "album mode" or the "next EP" mode, I'm still experimenting. Uh, and I'm still really figuring out what that sound is and what direction we might call it. So um, I'm working on it.

INT: I like the, that's a good answer. Cause you've had lots of hits already, like over the past four years you keep having hit after hit. So whatever you're doing, it's working. Um, you're going to be an advisor on The Voice this season, um, you're going to be giving great sage advice to a lot of folks. What is a great piece of advice that you yourself have gotten, maybe from another musician in the business?

H: Well I am very lucky, I feel like I've, I've gotten quite a lot of great advice, um, from some amazing people and amazing artists. Uh, but I just think, really just never losing sight of, of who you are and what makes you happy. I think there obviously are a lot of people that are going to have a lot of opinions, um, about who you are, what you do, how you do certain things, how you look. Um, and it's important that regardless, whatever you end up doing is for you.

INT: One last question: You're in the new Bumblebee movie-

H: Yes!

INT: It's coming, I think at the end of this year.

H: Yeah.

INT: Are you going to be singing with the car? I'm just wondering.

H: *Laughs* Uh, there may be a little, uh, plot twist [joking tone] Bumblebee actually may be singing. Um, I do hope the, uh - the movie takes place in the 80's and there are some incredible 80's references in terms of music. So, I'm hoping that maybe uh, y'know, post-production-wise I can jump in on a, on a little something.

INT: 80's covers, perhaps?

H: 80's covers perhaps.

INT: Thank you so much Hailee, have a great night.
Credit(s): Billboard
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1936934)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 8th, 2018 @ 10:11pm CST
In this quick video, Hailee Steinfeld talks about how excited she is to be a part of the upcoming Bumblebee: The Movie. For those who do not know Hailee Steinfeld's character is a girl named Charlie who discovers Bumblebee near a junkyard. The two develop a connection and team up for adventure. We can tell that she is a fan of Bumblebee as a character and admires the heart that this robot has. We have posted the video below so that you can see for yourself!

If you would like to know more about Hailee Steinfeld we have an interview with her about the soundtrack from Bumblebee: The movie.

Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1937857)
Posted by EunuchRon on February 11th, 2018 @ 8:51pm CST
Well, yeah, I'd say Bumblebee is the most badass Bayverse 'bot. He's kind of the only one from the 2007 flick that hasn't died in some way.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1944120)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 5th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CST
Transformers fans and those who are trying to encourage young readers may be interested to know that there are three new book listings on amazon. They are all coming out in November of this year, about a month before Bumblebee: The Movie will be showing in theaters. We will share with you the listings so that you will know what they are like.

Transformers Bumblebee: The Junior Novel (Hardcover)

Product Details:
Hardcover: 144 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (November 20, 2018)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316419168
ISBN-13: 978-0316419161
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316419168/?tag=seibertron07-20

Transformers Bumblebee: The Junior Novel (Paperback)

Product Details:
Age Range: 8 - 12 years
Grade Level: 3 - 7
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (November 20, 2018)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316419192
ISBN-13: 978-0316419192
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316419192/?tag=seibertron07-20

Transformers Bumblebee: Reader (Passport to Reading Level 2)

Product Details:
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Grade Level: Preschool - 3
Series: Passport to Reading Level 2
Paperback: 32 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (November 20, 2018)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316419133
ISBN-13: 978-0316419130
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316419133/?tag=seibertron07-20
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1944134)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2018 @ 10:45pm CST
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1945804)
Posted by TulioDude on March 12th, 2018 @ 7:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Would you look at that? Take away Bay and suddenly we're allowed to have supplementary material for the movies again in the U.S. :APPLAUSE:

I don't think he has a say in this.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1945807)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 12th, 2018 @ 7:38pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:

I don't think he has a say in this.
Well, yeah, he's not involved in this movie. ;)

In all seriousness, he was the reason we didn't get any supplementary material in the U.S. for either AOE or TLK, as he stated that he didn't want anything like books or comics to spoil the things in the movies for people like how the DOTM books/comics gave away Sentinel Prime's betrayal in that movie.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1945847)
Posted by Va'al on March 13th, 2018 @ 4:08am CDT
Courtesy of German site bluray-disc.de, we have some new information about the upcoming Bumblebee movie, the first spin-off in the Transformers live-action movieverse - and possibly the only one if the alleged reboot is to happen as we have learned so far - including details of the home release of the movie, and a new synopsis for the plot, featuring Hailee Steinfeld (as Charlie Watson), John Cena (as Sector 7 agent Burns), and the Plymouth GTX as Bumblebee's antagonist.

Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion thread, but aware that the synopsis is fairly hefty in terms of spoiling the plot for fans who want to go in knowing as little as possible!

[quote]Bumblebee: The Movie Blu-ray
Original movie title: Bumblebee: The Movie

Editor: Paramount Home Entertainment
Distribution: Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Actor: Abby Quinn , Gracie Dzienny , Hailee Steinfeld , Jason Drucker , John Cena , John Ortiz , Jorge Lendeborg Jr. , Kenneth Choi , Pamela Adlon , Rachel Crow , Ricardo Hoyos , Stephen Schneider
Director: Travis Knight
Production: USA / 2018
Category: Adventure , Action , Science Fiction

Packaging: HD Keep Case
Age rating: unchecked

Languages: German Dolby Atmos 7.1
English Dolby TrueHD 7.1

Sound formats are currently unknown

Subtitle: German , English

Subtitles currently unknown

Region: A, B, C
Disc capacity: BD-50 GB
Picture format (e): 1920x1080p (2.39: 1) @ 23.976 Hz picture ratio changes
Video codec: MPEG-4 / AVC
Expected Release: April 2019 [/quote]

[quote]Bumblebee: The Movie (Blu-Ray + DVD + UV Copy) Blu-ray
Movie description:

1987, California: In her sleepy home town of Brighton Falls, 17-year-old Charlie Watson (H. Steinfeld) dreams of escaping the wastelands of her community. One day she discovers an old VW Beetle at the nearby junkyard and begins to get it started again in loving detail. But, as it turns out, behind the battered old-timer is an alien Autobot called Bumblebee, who many decades earlier had the assignment to protect humanity from invasion by the evil Decepticons. However, when a Sector 7 agent named Burns (J. Cena) starts asking questions in the little village that leaves little doubt as to his destination, Charlie realizes that she has to help Bumblebee escape as quickly as possible. But there is already a Plymouth GTX in their way, who has pursued the yellow Transformer for quite some time and leaves no stone unturned to turn him into a pile of scrap[/quote]
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1945924)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 13th, 2018 @ 1:32pm CDT
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1945925)
Posted by o.supreme on March 13th, 2018 @ 1:34pm CDT
Hrmmmm...my spidey-sense is tingling.....I wonder if like some other movies, this could actually drop on Netflix in December instead of a World Wide theatrical release... :-?
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1945927)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 13th, 2018 @ 1:39pm CDT
The more I think about it, this plot actually kinda sounds a bit like what I imagined the plot of the 2007 movie (or at least, that movie's "Sam Witwicky gets his first car" plot) might have been like before that movie came out.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946005)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 13th, 2018 @ 5:08pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So, it's another Herbie movie crossed with a remake of the Texas scenes of AOE. :P
It is? You've seen the movie?

At least this is a proper synopsis, unlike what we got before. Considering that this will be aimed at kids, I wonder if Cena will play his Sector 7 agent straight serious or like John Turturro played Simmons.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946028)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 13th, 2018 @ 7:27pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
It is? You've seen the movie?
You do know what :P means, yes?
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946033)
Posted by ScottyP on March 13th, 2018 @ 8:44pm CDT
John Cena as agent Burns? I see you, Rescue Bots reference.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946046)
Posted by Wolfguard on March 13th, 2018 @ 10:36pm CDT

:BOT:
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946071)
Posted by Chibi Starscream on March 14th, 2018 @ 6:25am CDT
Wolfguard wrote:"Straight to video" was the first thought that came to mind when I saw this news story.

:BOT:

That's what it sounds like to me too. Guess I can scratch that off my "to see in theaters list". I don't often go to theaters anyway, but I will go see Jurassic World 2. Bumblebee was the only other movie I had in mind to go see.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946650)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 17th, 2018 @ 3:34am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
It is? You've seen the movie?
You do know what :P means, yes?
Yes. In this case it emphasizes your judgmental sarcasm. How about giving the movie and the story a chance before you shit all over it?
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946670)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 17th, 2018 @ 8:25am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
It is? You've seen the movie?
You do know what :P means, yes?
Yes. In this case it emphasizes your judgmental sarcasm. How about giving the movie and the story a chance before you **** all over it?
Why, thank you for telling me what my own use of a smiley means.

Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946680)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 17th, 2018 @ 9:51am CDT
Now we play the waiting game and see if this performs better than tlk.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1946706)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 17th, 2018 @ 1:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why, thank you for telling me what my own use of a smiley means.
You asked.[quote]In all seriousness, it meant I was playfully kidding. This other smiley is sarcastic one: >:oP[/quote]Well, the words had a definite condescending tone.

As for the film outperforming TLK at the box office? I doubt it, unless it gets a great marketing campaign and the movie is actually good which will generate good reviews and word of mouth. IMO it won't have a better opening weekend thanks to Aquaman opening on the same day but it might surpass TLK in total box office.
Re: New Interview with Hailey Steinfield regarding Bumblebee: The Movie Soundtrack (1947341)
Posted by Bronzewolf on March 20th, 2018 @ 10:36pm CDT
It's been a little while since we've heard any major news about the upcoming Bumblebee stand alone film, but we do have a couple stories to bring you today. First, we have one of the first outside opinions on the main plot of Bumblebee, from screenwriter Steven DeKnight. Coming as a snippet of an interview from entertainment website Uproxx for his upcoming film Pacific Rim: Uprising, he shares that the story they used for the Transformers spin off was his favorite to come out of the Transformers screenwriting room that was arranged last year by Michael Bay and Paramount. Check out the Transformers-related section of the interview below.

Our second Bumblebee story is a bit of a rumor in conjunction with a recent announcement from Paramount themselves. It's been said recently (notably by reviewer and journalist Manabyte (Or Jeremy Conrad) that Paramount is planning to do an early screening of the Bumblebee movie sometime very soon, and that info collides with the announcement that this year's Wondercon Anaheim will be the backdrop to the first screening of a secret Paramount film. There are several Paramount movies coming out this year, and nothing in particular points to the Bumblebee movie being the secret screening this Friday, but there is a chance. Either way, we'll find out this Friday!

[quote]Uproxx: You were part of the Transformers writers’ room. I’m so curious: What’s a Transformers writing room like?

Steven DeKnight: It was a blast.

Uproxx: I imagine.

Steven DeKnight: It was a room full of incredibly talented, interesting, really wonderful people. I’ve got to say, my time spent in there was just, more than anything, was just so much fun. Everyone was so much fun and interesting. And we actually wrote, I think it was, I want to say 12 different movies. Every one of us took a different idea and developed it into like a full 30-page outline, so there were like 12 movies. And also, in complete honesty, my absolute favorite movie of the bunch was the Bumblebee movie that they’re making right now.

Uproxx: I’ve heard good things about it.

Steven DeKnight: The idea was fantastic.[/quote]
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018