New Look at iGear PP04

New Look at iGear PP04

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 8:22am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,687

Increasingly ambitious third-party toy maker iGear has provided a little more information on their upcoming PP04 project via their facebook page earlier today. As you can see in the image mirrored below the figure is clearly an unofficial version of Bumblebee using a very VW-ish vehicle mode based on the visible vehicle parts.

Credit(s): iGear

This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 8:52am CDT

Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262662)
Posted by Mkall on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:36am CDT
I'm quite fine with my Classics Bumblebee thank you.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262663)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:36am CDT
Didn't we have a Classics, Henkei, Universe, RTS, AND United BB as well as a legends sized figures both officially AND from iGear?

How about making a character that hasn't been made?

Oh well. Onle less expensive 3rd party product to buy. I mean it looks promising, but with two versions of Devestator out there and several minibots that have only been released as Legends figures to get, replacing a great BB toy isn't high on my list.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262683)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:06am CDT
Looks a lot like Alternity Bee. I approve!
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262685)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:09am CDT
As much as I would like a really detailed G1 based figure I think I am all Bumbleebeed out. Isnt it enough that Hasbro seems to dedicate 50% of its Transformers based efforts, we don't need 3rd party producers doing the same. Though I am glad its an original design.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262692)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:20am CDT
Ironically I think his head looks more like Cliffjumper. Regardless, not interested.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262693)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:21am CDT
I like it. Sure, I'd like another figure like trailbreaker or downshift but bb is still looking sharp.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262700)
Posted by Rated X on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:34am CDT
If it is scaled with classics size, I wouldnt mind a real 80's VW Bumblebee. Now to make this form complete all we need is the WWII enthusiasts from a certain country who condemn the use of their precious beetle being to make warrior robots. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262704)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
El Duque wrote:The figure will likely be scaled to fit in with the rest of the figures in their PP line.

Is it wrong that I laughed? :P
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262710)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
Rated X wrote:If it is scaled with classics size, I wouldnt mind a real 80's VW Bumblebee.

You mean a late 60s - 70s VW.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262727)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:03am CDT
Yaaaaaaawn! Why not the "Saucer" shaped BB from Episode One of MTMTE. Now THAT would be interesting!
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262753)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:27am CDT
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262769)
Posted by korisifu on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:39am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Hmm, while it looks cool, I agree there is no need. Same as their Ironhide and Ratchet. But they look amazing indeed.

Who let Wheelie on the internet? :lol:
Glad I held out on ever adding a BUmblebee to my collection, but you're right saying they've made plenty. This must be aimed at pickier collectors like myself.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262797)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:56am CDT
I think I'm actually going to pass on this one.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262818)
Posted by Quantum Reflex on July 20th, 2011 @ 11:09am CDT
I think this is the best yet, it looks so much like a Sector70 influenced build, however, the bonnet folding to the side is a great Idea, I am hoping they speed up the release of this, i can't sleep another night for the excitement!!! LONG LIVE I-GEAR
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262930)
Posted by Cyberion on July 20th, 2011 @ 1:10pm CDT
Another Bumble Bee? No thanks. I'm already resisting DOTM Bumble Bees as well as others. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Bumble Bee fan too, but having already gone through this with multiple versions of Prime, I'm not doing multiple versions of Bumble Bee.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262935)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 20th, 2011 @ 1:17pm CDT
epic pass. we needs more wheeljack
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1262941)
Posted by Cyberion on July 20th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CDT
Yep. Wheel jack. Wouldn't hurt to have some more Decepticons too. :CON:
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1263012)
Posted by Blurrz on July 20th, 2011 @ 3:15pm CDT
No thanks. Have enough Bumblebees already, and iGear's last attempt at the VW Beetle was laughable.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1263065)
Posted by Blozor on July 20th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
If it's close to scale with the Masterpiece line, I might be interested. I could use a MP BB.
Re: New Look at iGear PP04 (1263070)
Posted by same138 on July 20th, 2011 @ 4:27pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:

You mean a late 60s - 70s VW.

No, You mean a late 30s to late 80s (and beyond if you're Mexican) VW Beetle. Designed by Ferdinand Porsche c. 1937 and put into production by the Nazis as the KDF Wagen and still in production in Mexico (due to it's popularity as a taxi!) well past it's death in the US and Europe. I loves the Beetle (hence the knowledge) and would love a seriously accurate Classics sized one, this could actually force me into dropping some third party cash if it looks good in the plastic flesh. Gimme Gimme Gimme!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Collaborative Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron with Slimer MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Air Raid new sealed dark of the moon unopened mosc" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON BUMBLEBEE. Cyberverse Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Mirage WFC-S43" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Voyager Class OPTIMUS PRIME Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Lot Springer and Starscream" on EBAY