New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator

New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator

Monday, July 25th, 2016 10:07pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 29,060

Seibertronians, we have another Machinima Designer video, similar to the Victorion-centered one we reported on a few days ago straight from the official Transformers instagram. This time it's on the topic of everyone's favorite (not so) jolly green giant, Devastator! The video, embedded below, confirms Devastator will have a part in the show, and his design seems to be based off of the Combiner Wars iteration. Check it out!

See how a warrior like Devastator is designed in our latest video! Watch him in Transformers: #CombinerWars starting 8/2!

A video posted by TRANSFORMERS (@transformersofficial) on

What do you think of Devvy's new design? Yay or nay? Tell us below! And, as always, keep your optics and audio sensors tuned to Seibertron.com!

Credit(s): Transformers official Instagram

Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809188)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2016 @ 10:12pm CDT
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809198)
Posted by SeventhSage on July 25th, 2016 @ 11:16pm CDT
So hyped for this! Can't wait!
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809202)
Posted by Deadput on July 26th, 2016 @ 12:24am CDT

Probably not but that's what I would do if I was making a show for a non stop complaining fandom.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809209)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 26th, 2016 @ 4:27am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:And Devastator happens to be the only character in this show who's voiced by a relatively known voice actor (Patrick Seitz) instead of a YouTube person or an unknown.

Um, ouch?
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809210)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 26th, 2016 @ 4:34am CDT
Delicon wrote:Here's my thoughts.

First, the animation is great. It looks modern but has the G1 feel at the same time.

The length is a major bummer. This whole series we've been waiting for is as long as 2 standard episodes? Why were they not upfront about it? It's not even the length of a TV movie or miniseries.

As far as the voices go, we honestly didn't hear many but let me tackle the Optimus Prime voice. They really dropped the ball here. It seems obvious they didn't want to pay Peter Cullen. Anyone who has heard Jon Bailey's Optimus voice knows that it is the next best thing and actually sounds more like G1 Prime than Cullen himself has in recent years. The problem is that this isn't Bailey's Prime voice, it's a very generic sounding voice that really misses the mark. I would hope that we'll get more G1 based animation in the future and a real series and hopefully Jon can return as Optimus and do the voice the way he has before.

I did the job I was given to do and I wished there was more that I could say however I will say that there is truth in some of your comment. ;)
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809211)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 26th, 2016 @ 4:35am CDT
Randomhero wrote:It's pretty cool John Bailey is doing the voice of Optimus Prime officially. First watch I didn't catch him doing Optimus, only the narration and it made me go "seriously? You're having John Bailey narrate but not him as Optimus?" But second watch, yeah that John. Awesome

Thanks so much!
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809212)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 26th, 2016 @ 4:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So, on the voice acting side, it's mostly YouTube people, minor actors, and Patrick Seitz.

Oh, my mistake. I thought I was on Seibertron not TFW for a sec there. Gotta say that's a pretty insulting statement, bro. I've been a professional voice actor for 7 years and worked on over 3,000 jobs. I've done character work for cartoons on FOX, a dozen or so video game characters, toys, commercials and everything in between. I get that you're in love with Seitz but don't insult the professionalism of the rest of the cast. New media stars are getting hired more and more often than tv and movie stars are for animation, that's just the way the industry is evolving. It's free publicity for the jobs they do for the clients. They bring their fans with them. That being said, I'm not the only one with acting chops and plenty of experience to work in animation.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809215)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 26th, 2016 @ 5:05am CDT
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809228)
Posted by Coptur on July 26th, 2016 @ 5:56am CDT
jON3.0 wrote:So for those who don't know, I'm going to be the voice of Optimus Prime in Transformers: Combiner Wars. It's been painful, to be honest, wading through all of the hate and negativity even here where I always felt was a safe place from haters. I've been imitating Optimus since I was 5 years old. 32 years of practice. I can't say that I've unofficially filled in for a certain voice before and no one ever even noticed. The voice of Optimus was what inspired me to pursue this career along with my wife's motivation and it's always been a lifelong dream to work on something official for this brand. It finally happened for me. The reactions are divided because let's face it, TF fans hate change and only ever want the original cast on the other hand I've had plenty of supportive friends that are happy for me. I have the experience and chops to back this up, people. I've been doing voiceover work since 2009 professionally in over 3,000 jobs. I've voices over a dozen video game characters in XCOM, Dishonored 2, etc., the voices for toys, commercials, trailers, documentaries, a reality series this October, network promos for ABC & NBC, filled in for some of the biggest Hollywood actors, cartoon characters on FOX ADHD and much more. Some of the other cast members have also done legitimate professional voice acting and/or on-camera work. It's an insult to them to say we're second-hand or unprofessional. You all have done jobs that others have done before you, yes? Just because you're doing the job now doesn't mean you're as good as your predecessor or maybe you're better but I bet if someone used a term to categorize you as inferior compared to the previous employee, it would offend you. Different doesn't always have to be "bad" and there's a lot on the production side of animation that only those who work in the industry would know about and understand.

Keep up the good work Jon all sounds good thus far from me

I'm also paid a voice actor but with only a few credits.

Are you able to PM me in the right direction to get an audition for the next Machinma TF project?

Andy
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809230)
Posted by Viollustre on July 26th, 2016 @ 6:08am CDT
You're doing a great job Jon! We don't see an official TF voice actor this active on Seibertron every day! I'm glad that Machinima got you to do your Prime impression in this attempt to please the online fandom, who have probably known your TF Parody/Botcon work and EPIC Voice from Youtube.

It's hard to believe how long and prevalent "Ruined Forever" has been in the TF Community. I'd explain more but TFWiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined_FOREVER) does a great job of doing it for me already. That being said, this new series shouldn't receive hate just because it is done on a smaller-scale than other previous Transformers projects. Some may find it insignificant to their expectations, but others certainly will find satisfaction seeing their newest figures come to life on their screens, complete with modern animation techniques and a talented voice cast! It might even introduce new fans to the fray to replace those who cease to be fans, which the Transformers franchise needs more than anything in order to protect its "fragility". Many fans would say that the Energon cartoon RUINED transformers FOREVER due to its awkward 3D and rushed dubbing, but without it, I wouldn't have even known these forums existed! If that series is able to even able to attract some attention to the franchise, surely this series could do it, without a doubt!

Bottom line, this series has not even been released yet, and we can't really judge its cons as of now, despite some implications. All we know that it has been specifically targeted at older fans, not towards the the massive movie crowd or the kids who are getting their first feel of the franchise. As an added bonus, it incorporates several plot elements from the stellar comic series. Even if expectations are not met for some fans, it's not a full-blown 50 -episode series, and it will do a great service to me! :D
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809235)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2016 @ 7:13am CDT
jON3.0 wrote:

Um, ouch?
D'oh, sorry Jon. Had a brainfart and forgot you were in this too. #-o
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809238)
Posted by dragons on July 26th, 2016 @ 7:28am CDT
Deadput wrote:I'm sure that Hasbro is purposely limiting the budget and trying to make this show bomb so we don't ask for anything like it again.

Of course half of fans complain about movie series look at robots body when human body moves that explains moving parts can't drive car without having tires move same thing with alien robot machines and human body muscles take skin off human you can see muscles move and bones.,

Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809239)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2016 @ 7:30am CDT
dragons wrote:And for this series not everyone have Netflix I don't want need Netflix I don't stream you need wifi to stream bad weather bad wifi this series will be bad if you can't download to computer
It's not a Netflix series.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809271)
Posted by o.supreme on July 26th, 2016 @ 9:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
It's not a Netflix series.

It is unfortunately MUCH more obscure than that. Prior to this I've never even heard of go90. I hope it is something where I can just go and watch the episodes without having to register or pay any money. For as much as I dislike CN recently, I think CW would have been very well received during adult swim. Also I know physical media is *dying* , and at SDCC they said they have no plans for a DVD/BRD release, but I hope this changes at some point. I bet it would look beautiful on a larger screen than just a monitor, tablet, or phone.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809272)
Posted by Kurona on July 26th, 2016 @ 9:32am CDT
dragons wrote:

I... have no clue how what any of what you said related to the post you were replying to .-.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809273)
Posted by william-james88 on July 26th, 2016 @ 9:34am CDT
Hey guys, at least we can all agree that the voices are pretty solid right?

I am glad the Epic Voice guy can finally be Optimus again.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809277)
Posted by o.supreme on July 26th, 2016 @ 9:42am CDT
I commented earlier I am split thus far. All the Autobots (Optimus, Victorion, WindBlade) sound good. Megatron is off to me, though if I hear more of him I might get used to it. Starscream I just can't get. Especially all the people saying he sounds like Chris Latta. To me he sounds nothing like Chris Latta, not that he needs to. I listed previously several other VA's with good sounding Starscreams.

I think this series is going to be overall divisive on several levels. Many will like it, not for all the same reasons however, many will hate it, also for a variety of reasons. I have been excited about this from the beginning. And though my excitement has been tempered a bit by the previews, I am still firmly in the *excited for, and cant wait to see this* camp.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809380)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 26th, 2016 @ 5:26pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:The video, embedded below, confirms Devastator will have a part in the show, and his design seems to be based off of the Combiner Wars iteration. Check it out!

There is literally nothing embedded there. No code for it, either.
Code: Select all
The video, embedded below, confirms Devastator will have a part in the show, and his design seems to be based off of the [url=http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/gallery/comic-con-exclusives/devastator/3741/1/]Combiner Wars[/url] iteration. Check it out!

What do you think of Devvy's new design?

Devy's design is nice, about what I expected. I see they have models for Scavenger and Long Haul, I hope they get some decent screentime, though at 5 minutes per episode I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809383)
Posted by Va'al on July 26th, 2016 @ 5:34pm CDT
That Bot wrote:

There is literally nothing embedded there. No code for it, either.
Code: Select all

What do you think of Devvy's new design?

There is for the news story, though not for the post. Please be kind to new news staff recruits as we iron out wrinkles. :)
Re: New Machinima Animation Design Video: Devastator (1809385)
Posted by Burn on July 26th, 2016 @ 5:44pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:Please be kind to new news staff recruits as we iron out wrinkles. :)

Maybe if the older news crew members did their jobs right you wouldn't have wrinkles at such a young age. :-P

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
"Planet of Junk"
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Sideswipe Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Stomp And Chomp 20" Grimlock Dinosaur Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots AOE Dinofire Grimlock & Optimus Prime NIB" on EBAY
Buy "2015 TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE 30TH PLATINUM EDITION ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Mr. Potato Head - Bumble Spud" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 15BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee Hasbro Studio Series Sealed/New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mini Mixable Mashable Transformers Hightide Loose Figure nice" on EBAY