New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd

Transformers News: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd

Thursday, May 24th, 2018 6:47pm CDT

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 15,074

Today popular sticker app Quidd unveiled new officially licensed digital stickers and trading cards based on Hasbro brand such as My Little Pony and, more importantly, Transformers! Spanning from the Movie universe, to G1, to cool animated renders of new Power of the Primes toys, the collectible sticker packs have every interest covered! These stickers are set up in a trading card pack style, where you can purchase them with an in app currency, then download them and use them in text messages and other places around your phone! Check out some screenshots from popular Instagram account @transformerscars, who posted several images of just some of the stickers the app has to offer, and then some from yours truly!

The app uses some "evergreen" designs, and some based on Cybervese, including some we haven't seen before, like Wheeljack and Ratchet. Check them out below!

Credit(s): Transformerscars, Quidd

Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961404)
Posted by Victinoko on May 24th, 2018 @ 7:08pm CDT
Damn, Barricade, Wheeljack, and Ratchet look AWESOME!
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961405)
Posted by Emerje on May 24th, 2018 @ 7:13pm CDT

Emerje
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961409)
Posted by Randomhero on May 24th, 2018 @ 7:21pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I have no idea what any of this means, but I'm really liking those Cyberverse(?) designs for Ratchet, Wheeljack, and Barricade(!!!). Interestingly Wheeljack seems to have two clear "patches" on his forearm and thigh covering some battle damage.

Emerje

He’s also missing some right shoulder, left shin and right foot pieces.

If I had to guess this no doubt evergreen design of wheeljack is drawing from his prime persona of being a battle hardened wrecker
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961411)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2018 @ 7:36pm CDT
They're really not clear about how to get the 3D Prime model. You have to buy a package with real money to get it, OR wait for a predetermined time to buy it with the in app currency. I think that opportunity has passed.
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961433)
Posted by The Lonely Cracker on May 24th, 2018 @ 11:18pm CDT
holy living shit, those designs are awesome!
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961438)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2018 @ 12:01am CDT
These are probably the evergreen designs of all/most of these characters.
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961458)
Posted by Deadput on May 25th, 2018 @ 2:48am CDT
Not the first time we have seen this Barricade since this design was in Earth Wars but still very cool regardless.

I found this on Artstation a while ago. (I suck at sharing things I find sometimes because I'm not as attached to the brand as I once was) notice how in the concept art part that the same pic from the stickers is on the left as well as a pic of the design from different sides?

So it's likely these Evergreen designs have been around for awhile.

(Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yYB35 )

Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961495)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 25th, 2018 @ 8:44am CDT
That Grimlock looks good. Way better than PotP.
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961512)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2018 @ 10:17am CDT
Autobase Aichi has them all compiled - http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-6525.html

These are definitely the new evergreen designs.
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961588)
Posted by william-james88 on May 25th, 2018 @ 10:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:These are probably the evergreen designs of all/most of these characters.

Yeah, thats what I figure. I can understand people throwing the word Cyberverse around but its just a feedback loop going back to evergreen designs. That Wheeljack though seems to be taking a few cues from the Generations toy (just me?). What gets me excited now is that with the rumour of getting generations style toys of thee evergreen designs, it could mean we gets toys of this ratchet and that barricade, which would be freaken awesome. Would love a classics Barricade figure (without resorting to an overpriced redeco of a prime figure).
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961592)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2018 @ 11:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It kinda looks like these evergreen designs are like a second attempt at (don't kill me for saying this, guys) "aligned" designs, with some of these taking visual cues from multiple preexisting designs and integrating them together into something new and unique yet very familiar-looking, such as how Hound is basically G1 Hound's look in robot mode but with the arm-mounted bandoleers and the choice of a more armored military vehicle altmode from the AOE and TLK Hound designs.

Likewise, Barricade's new look seems to be an attempt to "normalize" or "de-movie-fy" his TLK look even more than it already was, while still keeping its general overall look intact.

Cyberverse, like Rescue Bots Academy (in the case of at least Optimus), uses a unique style of its own but which uses the evergreen designs as a base from which to derive the look of its characters.

And with the formal ending of the current long-running IDW G1 comic continuity, freeing up the comics to start anew with something that could make a dedicated use of the evergreen designs, in addition to the two forthcoming TV cartoons using the evergreen designs, we could be looking at a second attempt of Hasbro (this time under John Warden's team rather than Aaron Archer's team) trying to create yet another brand-wide "master continuity template" that all media will pull from going forward, much like what the Binder of Revelation was for the Aligned continuity, only this time IDW and the TV shows seem to be playing ball more willingly, and the new thing for everyone to draw from is ostensibly much more GEEWUN-based than the previous Movie/G1 blend that the Binderverse was.
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961676)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 26th, 2018 @ 4:19pm CDT
Emiliano Santalucia confirms his involvement in the evergreen designs:
The cat (I assume Ravage...) is out of bag!
iPhone Trading Card/ Sticker app Quidd released a set of new stickers featuring Transformers Evergreen designs.
I was honored to be given the task to create all the new Evergreen design in collaboration with Hasbro design team and on these virtual stickers, you can finally see my original sketches!

But what are these Evergreen design? My understanding it that they are a new unified look for all the main characters in the Transformers universe to be used across a variety of products on media.

During the past years, I saw these designs popping up on a lot of licensed merchandising. Then they started to be featured in the IDW comic books, on the Authentics toyline, and to my amazement, they also become the base for the new Cyberverse cartoon!

I'm sure I'll have a lot of other chances to talk about these designs, but right now, while people can finally see, at least in part, the original sketches, I feel very happy and grateful to all the team at Hasbro the trusted me and got me involved in this amazing opportunity, which I consider one of the greatest achievement of my career so far!
Thank you guys!!

Hopefully I will be able to show more of these soon, for now enjoy the articles on TFW2005 and on Seibertron.com (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... idd/41286/)
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961688)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 26th, 2018 @ 6:11pm CDT
If these were real stickers I would buy them!
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961740)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 26th, 2018 @ 11:39pm CDT
I would probably buy a good figure of that Grimlock (I don't mean the simplified one out now) as that's likely the best I've ever seen for G1 Grimlock and way better than any of the failed toy redesigns of that character (such as the crappy Classics toy, the decent but flawed FoC and the just plain embarassing PotP). I don't think much of the others. Ratchet just looks extremely generic and boring. Barricade just looks like a total wannabe and Wheeljack? I've never really liked his character or design at all (especially his silly feet).
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961742)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 26th, 2018 @ 11:42pm CDT
I find Ratchet pretty vibrant actually. I just wish he didn't have that 1000 yard stare and the red and blue lights look too much like a cop car than an ambulance. (I know some ambulances have blue lights, its a minor nitpick.)
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961823)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 27th, 2018 @ 1:02pm CDT
Just a quick note everyone, after installing the app on my LG G6 I updated to the Oreo OS. Since then everyday with the app my phone crashed and had to be forced reset every time. I've removed the app and it's happened once so it might be an issue, it might not, but be aware.
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961887)
Posted by william-james88 on May 27th, 2018 @ 8:41pm CDT
With the recent release of digital stickers on Quidd featuring Transformers in what we presumed were their evergreen designs, Emiliano Santalucia.

We also have several of these technical designs in both robot and alt mode. It is here that we see that a few designs had already found their way on toys we already own, like Power of the Primes Starscream's robot mode (the lower half is very similar to the design shown below). there are more designs out there we have yet to see and some missing, like Hot Rod's which we know has an evergreen design from the previously released children's book.

The images of these designs come from the snakas blog and Weibo.

NOTE: We were asked by the author to remove the comments. Thank you for your understanding.

Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961888)
Posted by Skritz on May 27th, 2018 @ 8:52pm CDT
Well, they're not bad: they certainly come across as what they're supposed to be, which is to say 21st century updates to the classic G1 designs. Interesting to note that Soundwave has th Animated-esque truck and that Barricade seem like he's moving from being a movie fan favorite to full blown 'core' Decepticon...but then to counter this we have the Movie-esque Bumblebee and the ever-annoying Windblade.

Oh well you win some you lose some. Now can I get a good Deluxe or Voyager of these Soundwave and Shockwave for my CHUG collection please?
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961892)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 27th, 2018 @ 9:08pm CDT
I'm loving the look of that Barricade! :CON: :CON: :CON:
Re: New Officially Licensed Transformers Digital Stickers on Quidd (1961893)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 27th, 2018 @ 9:11pm CDT
I have always enjoyed his designs because they are seriously detailed. A good balance between toony and realistic. Why this couldn't have been the look for cyberverse I don't understand. This looks worlds better. It would fit a more serious type of mood like a super hero cartoon. Boy... I miss TFP.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "KRE-O Transformers Optimus Prime Dino Hauler 275 Pcs #A7796 Unopened Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-8 Megatron japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-9 Autobot Jazz japan" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o Kreons Starscream Thundercracker Skywarp Seekers minifigures Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON EARTHRISE DELUXE CLIFFJUMPER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Prime Robots In Disguise RID Airachnid" on EBAY