New Peter Cullen Interview

New Peter Cullen Interview

Tuesday, May 1st, 2007 5:46pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 23,069

Our own Conceptron has brought us news about a new interview with Peter Cullen. Peter Cullen was the voice actor for Optimus Prime in the original G1 cartoon and will be the voice actor in the upcoming Transformers Movie for Optimus Prime. TFormers.com was able to catch up with Cullen at Anime Matsuri 2007. Read the interview by clicking here.

Credit(s): Conceptron and TFormers.com

Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106033)
Posted by Hotrod on May 1st, 2007 @ 5:52pm CDT
Front paged and credited!
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106054)
Posted by Anonymous on May 1st, 2007 @ 6:12pm CDT
Wow, thanks Hot Rod :D

I feel so special.

'Our very own Conceptron'

Like the sound of it.
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106057)
Posted by lordmegatron44 on May 1st, 2007 @ 6:13pm CDT
well we know peter won't voice ironhide
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106059)
Posted by Kayevcee on May 1st, 2007 @ 6:16pm CDT
Conceptron, how do you go from 'one of the voice actors thought it was a shame his friend didn't get cast' to 'non fans won't support the film and it's going to fail'? I would genuinely like to understand your train of thought.

It was a decent interview- pretty in depth, and they asked about Eeyore! Woot! He sounds pretty excited about the movie game, too. It's going to be pretty special, from the sound of things.

-Nick
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106083)
Posted by 1337W422102 on May 1st, 2007 @ 6:30pm CDT
"A voice actor really does not know what he's going to do the next day and it's just the nature of the business, unless you have a series and you can't even count on that because they can wipe you out on page 16."

Man, I love this guy. Peter Cullen FTW!
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106087)
Posted by jgilkinson on May 1st, 2007 @ 6:32pm CDT
decent interview, that game sounds better and better all the time
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106115)
Posted by Sentinel Maximus on May 1st, 2007 @ 6:46pm CDT
Cullen seemed alittle troubled about the robot designs, Welker not being Megatron, & the "My Bad." line (My bad? OMFG how stupid.) But what else is he going to say? Bears gotta eat right!
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106117)
Posted by Milanion on May 1st, 2007 @ 6:47pm CDT
Cullen always gives a great interview.

Seibs, you saw the part with the glasses. Did Cullen deliver the gag line he mentioned in the article?
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106157)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on May 1st, 2007 @ 7:11pm CDT
He's cool. Rock on, Peter!
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106170)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 1st, 2007 @ 7:21pm CDT
Cullen will always be one of the people I respect the most in the entertainment business. He's very humble, respects the fans, and just seems to be an all around nice guy. His panel (and when I got his autograph, as seen in my avatar) at Botcon 2006 will always be a very memorable experience for me!

Great interview and I can't wait to hear him in the theater! :grin:
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106227)
Posted by lockepsb on May 1st, 2007 @ 8:28pm CDT
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106340)
Posted by Cacciatore on May 1st, 2007 @ 9:34pm CDT
lockepsb wrote:they should go back and record frank welker voicing megatron and put it on the dvd when it comes out and you can choose who you wanna hear doing the voice of megs at the menu.

lmao!
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106379)
Posted by Anonymous on May 1st, 2007 @ 9:58pm CDT
"My bad."

WTF?!

Michael Bay, you are a [fill-in-the-blank]!

Mr. Cullen doesn't even remember whether he said the iconic line "Autobots, transform and roll out!" because they were always "changing things." Gee, that's reassuring. Bay, you myopic, clod, thanks for accomplishing what I didn't think possible--lowering my expectations for this movie even further!

I'm telling y'all now that based upon what I've seen and heard about this movie so far, there's no way this movie cracks the top five in gross receipts this year--and I have my doubts whether in makes the top ten.

I can think of a half-dozen movies I'm more eager to see this year.

Right now Bay is the early favorite for the Ang Lee award--for screwing up an adaptation of a cartoon/comic-based franchise to live-action film.

Schei├če!
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106387)
Posted by hubcapsignstop on May 1st, 2007 @ 10:08pm CDT
'my bad'
?
give me a break

prime is straight man, composed, wise
they are destroying his character
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106412)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 1st, 2007 @ 10:30pm CDT
Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

Its threads like this that make me wish we didn't have free speech in this country.....
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106430)
Posted by hubcapsignstop on May 1st, 2007 @ 10:44pm CDT
what does this private forum have to do with 'this country' or free speech for that matter?
either have me banned or keep stupid comments like that to yourself
and nice avatar
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106446)
Posted by JEDI ALCHEMIST on May 1st, 2007 @ 10:55pm CDT
Oh man, that is just so awesome!
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106459)
Posted by Dragonslayer on May 1st, 2007 @ 11:03pm CDT
Cool! Cullen's still got it as far as I'm concerned 8)
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106464)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 1st, 2007 @ 11:05pm CDT

If anything, it shows Prime's personality a bit more, rather than just having him being serious the whole time. Even in the G1 cartoon he would have a fun moment here or there.
Re: New Peter Cullen Interview (106519)
Posted by TheMuffin on May 2nd, 2007 @ 12:10am CDT
Roboto750 wrote:The whole "my bad" thing doesn't bother me a bit. Actually, it sounds kinda funny! I mean, I don't want Prime being a comedian for the whole movie, but something like this is so minor, I don't see why it would hurt anything.

Exactly. And if people had actually read the article thoroughly they would have seen that Cullen got a kick out of the "My bad" line and wondered if he would get to do more. I find it hilarious how people cut small little quotes out of this and turn them into an argument opposite of what the quote originally meant.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Punch Counterpunch" on EBAY