New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures

New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures

Monday, November 7th, 2011 11:40am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,911

Remember those fully transformable WWII style PCC limbs TFC Toys kept teasing us with earlier this year? It's been so long since we've seen any updates on this project many have wondered if it had been canceled, but some prototype images have finally surfaced. Images mirrored from the weibo page of JonJonZheng, check them out below.

Credit(s): JonJonZheng

Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309490)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 7th, 2011 @ 12:13pm CST

Being able to see "chunks" of the vehicle in the robot is what makes each character memorable and recognizable. That — to me — is why so many of the movie designs fail to strike a chord. They just break apart into so many spindly pieces, they all look alike... and like a walking pile of scrap metal.

I want to see robots plodding around on big, heavy legs like this... not rolling around on the ground on little chicken legs.

Spot on design. Keep em coming... and remind Hasbro/Takara what we like.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309498)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 7th, 2011 @ 12:43pm CST
So these guys are limbs, AND they have robot modes!?! Okay, even if you happen to prefer Bayniverse spindlyness over G1 blockiness, this blows the pants off the official Hasbro drone designs.

The WWII design made a lot of us assume this would be a Starscream's brigade homage, but since this seems to be based off tanks used by the Nazis, is this guy more of an homage to Destroyer of the Renegade Super Gobots? He's famous for his Iron Cross decals...and his tank-turret-for-a-head design; I'm already picturing the turret on this guy's shoulder arguing with his robot head, sort of like the ambiguous deal with Quickstrike's snake/hand-puppet in season 2 of Beast Wars. Destroyer kind of got an official homage in that green Warpath repaint in the Gobots eHobby set; sure it was supposed to be Treads, but if you just leave his head down, he looks like Destroyer's half-transformed treads-instead-of-legs mode. His original Gobots toy also makes a decent representation of the mutant Warhead from the B&W pre-Earthforce UK comics, or at least a good base figure to kitbash him from.

My PCC collection needs more drones badly enough that I'd have bought this TFC stuff regardless, but now I'm really looking forward to it!
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309500)
Posted by horus on November 7th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
oh crap, it's this..

When i saw WW i imediatly tought about War Within Toys a took the credit card out of the wallet :-?

Good for me, no money wasted on this :)
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309508)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 7th, 2011 @ 12:59pm CST
HAA! thanks for the tip on leaving the head down for the gobot homage.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309522)
Posted by craggy on November 7th, 2011 @ 1:44pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:THIS is exactly what I want to be seeing out of Hasbro. Detailed, but in a blocky, chunky mech kinda way. (not in as spindly, movie kibble kinda way.) These give a wonderful nod back to the vintage G1 toy and cartoon style but in an updated, detailed way.

Spot on design. Keep em coming... and remind Hasbro/Takara what we like.

I fully agree, that little guy is fantastic.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309530)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 7th, 2011 @ 1:56pm CST
Very nice; except for the PCC port I'm not getting a triple-changer vibe. Granted I can't recall how much transforming the tanks did into limb mode, but I do recall them being self-contained.

I was orignally at odds with tanks and planes from both sides, but when I saw them on Bombshock I realized it tied nicely to Megatron's infiltration phases.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309535)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 7th, 2011 @ 2:24pm CST
Not bad at all. The first thing i noticed was the attention to detail.
Lookin good so far.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309567)
Posted by dinogeist on November 7th, 2011 @ 3:23pm CST
I want all 4 but i'm only willing to spend around $30 maybe $35 at the highest. I have a feeling their gonna be around $50 or $60 for the set.

I'm kinda surprissed these are taking to so long to come out. By now I was kinda hoping & estimating they'd make more PCC limbs that transformed into individual robot modes. like some jets,some dinosaurs,some construction,some more military,some race cars,etc....
basically I wanted to see all the PCC combiners theme sets by hasbro receive the 3rd party limbs bots that transformed into individual robot modes.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309568)
Posted by NamelessOne on November 7th, 2011 @ 3:26pm CST
I hunted down a couple of suitable PCCs especially for this, (I didn't have any up til' then), so I'm glad there's been an update..... So price? When? Quickly!!! 8-}
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309580)
Posted by rpetras on November 7th, 2011 @ 4:03pm CST
I'm down with these, but I'm in no hurry to get them.

All my spare $$$ is going to Hercules. :D
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309583)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 7th, 2011 @ 4:07pm CST
:APPLAUSE: Yes holy freakin' crap yes I was hoping these were still on the horizon! I just bought Heavytread for this very reason. Bombshock looked ok but IMHO Heavytread was destined to be the head combiner of these past war machines and they look great so far. Can someone please dig in the back some where for those other images like the ones shown in this post? Those images also showed the 2 fighter planes and Heavytread being used as the core TF, that is if I'm not mistaken about said pics. :VEHI:
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309616)
Posted by krenger99 on November 7th, 2011 @ 5:26pm CST
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309638)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on November 7th, 2011 @ 6:10pm CST
krenger99 wrote:Pure Awesome-Sauce! Simple, yet detailed. Head and shoulders above the Hasbro crap that is the power core combiners series. Are these meant to be sets of two tanks and two planes? I hope they're affordable. There's not much wiggle room for "wants" in my budget, and I want these. :KREMZEEK:

That's the plan: 1 German tank, 1 Russian tank, 1 American plane, and 1 Japanese plane, IIRC.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309649)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 7th, 2011 @ 6:49pm CST
I actually bought the PCC this set is supposed to go to, so I'm glad there's more progress here.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309661)
Posted by juxtapose519 on November 7th, 2011 @ 7:28pm CST
Awesome. Reminds me of G1 Guzzle.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309694)
Posted by adamassc on November 7th, 2011 @ 9:07pm CST
Damnit, Third party finally got a hook in me. I am so buying this set.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309700)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on November 7th, 2011 @ 9:16pm CST
So much better than drones. This makes them look like proper combiners, not just some robot with cars for limbs.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309720)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 7th, 2011 @ 10:28pm CST
I am all over these. They'll look great with my Heavytread.
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309727)
Posted by Rated X on November 7th, 2011 @ 10:54pm CST
Re: New Prototype Images of TFC Toys WWII Style PCC Figures (1309732)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 7th, 2011 @ 11:30pm CST
Rated X wrote:Im loving these guys. They should just make a new torso component and forget about the "combining with Bombshack" concept. Forget about Hasbro's failures and instead capitalize with a better version of Onslaught.

Have you seen them combined with Heavytread? I think they look great. Much better than with Bombshock(Bruticus homage guy) IMO.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Universe Starscream Generations Classics 25th Anniversary Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Studio Series The Movie Deluxe Class 86-01 MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE TRAILBREAKER GOOD SIZE FOR SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "(2) STERLING TRANSFORMER CORP ST26744 TRANSFORMERS NEW. Govt  5950-00-442-5237" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster - Transformers Generation 1 Walmart Reissue - Brand New in Box" on EBAY