New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins

Transformers News: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins

Wednesday, April 15th, 2009 6:23AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Press Releases, People News, Digital Media News, Editorials
Posted by: DavidT   Views: 31,848

Michael Bay has posted on his forums that the new "Revenge of the Fallen" trailer will be released with X-men Origins: Wolverine. Michael & Steven Spielberg sat down for a screening of a rough cut of the new Transformer movie and Spielberg said, "It's Awesome" and felt it was better than the 1st movie. The new Wolverine movie is scheduled to hit theaters May 1st. Check out what Michael had to say below or click the link to see his original post at MichaelBay.com

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/sh ... #post75561

Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said
"It's awesome". He felt this movie was better then the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

We have 60 days left. Let me tell you it will be a race to finish. It's 12 at night and we are still working here in the edit room. Everyone at ILM and DD are killing themselves right now, they are doing a stellar job on the effects. We also just finished our trailer which is coming out with Wolverine. Talk to you soon.

Michael

Stay Tuned to Seibertron.com for the Latest News & Information!

Credit(s): Michael Bay
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910541)
Posted by cybercat on April 15th, 2009 @ 7:04am CDT
DavidT wrote:

I hate to be the hater, here, but Spielberg's approval doesn't mean much to me. I sat through that entire Jarjar Binks monstrosity of the pre-trilogy thinking, man, this surely is 'cruel and unusual punishment'. I've never seen romance with such little chemistry (let's face it: the Axe commercial where the girls are making out with metal objects made allegedly from recycled Axe cans had more passion); action without any real energy; and acting on the High School Musical done as a high school musical level.

The post-trilogy that was supposed to happen, didn't; because that series was so bloody awful.

Ever since he dreamed up Ewoks, Spielberg's aesthetic judgments haven't necessarily been on par with the rest of humankind.

Now, if he'd had a TF otaku with him who said that, my little decepticon heart would sing.....

HK, no singing. None of that now! ('But father...') (Random Holy Grail quote.
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910558)
Posted by Zetatron on April 15th, 2009 @ 8:31am CDT
Um...Spielberg had little if anything to do with any of the Star Wars films, that was George Lucas' baby. He and Lucas are good friends, so he may have done some consulting, from time to time, and I think I saw him doing some tech work on the first movie in a documentary about the series, but as I understand it the only project they've ever really collaborated on was Indiana Jones. As for the prequel's, if you hated them so much, why did you bother to sit through them? I personally have seen far worse movies. The same deal with ROTF. If all you're going to do is complain even before you've seen the finished product becasue you're convinced it's going to be a flop, then don't go see it. No one is holding a gun to your head. Jeez, some people in this fandom are worse than Trekkies sometimes.
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910559)
Posted by Cyberstrike on April 15th, 2009 @ 8:34am CDT
hellkitty wrote:
DavidT wrote:

HK, no singing. None of that now! ('But father...') (Random Holy Grail quote.

George Lucas created Star Wars not Steven Spielberg.

And to my knowledge Steven Spielberg had nothing to do with the creation of the Star Wars franchise other than admit that he's a Star Wars fan and is a good friend with Lucas.
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910561)
Posted by omega666 on April 15th, 2009 @ 8:44am CDT
Zetatron wrote: Jeez, some people in this fandom are worse than Trekkies sometimes.

Funny you mentioned Trekkies. I wouldn't call myself trekkie. I like Star Trek but I won't be seeing the new movie.
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910562)
Posted by cybercat on April 15th, 2009 @ 8:48am CDT
Oops! Cough it up to no caffeine and a 14 hour day yesterday followed by a twelver today. :oops:

That's right: what I really hold against Spielberg is that travesty of a WWII movie _Saving Private Ryan_. Only poor sods who have never seen any other WWII flick don't find that movie hopelessly derivative if not plagiarizing, and Tom Hanks as a Ranger...? Puh-leeze.

My basic gut instinct hasn't changed: Spielberg used to be a GOD, but since the late 90s, he hasn't directed a decent movie. His talent peaked between the late '70s (_Jaws_ and _Amistad_a decade ago) his latest movies show he's lost the touch he used to have with his audience.

Therefore, still not impressed by his 'awesome'.

HK, who needs sleep. Or ar least to stop grading such horrible papers. It's messin' with my *mind*!
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910572)
Posted by capellamusic on April 15th, 2009 @ 9:32am CDT
Despite the terrible toys showing up and what some people say, I'm looking forward to the movie and have faith in it. I think it will be awesome and can't wait to see it! I hope Soundwave appears in the new trailer :) .
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910580)
Posted by karellan on April 15th, 2009 @ 9:50am CDT

He did the same thing with War of the Worlds. That movie was kicking ass and taking names up until they get to Boston. The whole country was devastated, but somehow Boston is fine, the son comes bounding out like nothing even happened, and the rest of the family is dressed in their Sunday best and asking what's for dinner. The movie should have ended right when the aliens started dying. Showing that crappy scene with the family just undermines the whole rest of the movie.

If Spielberg could learn that sometimes it's OK to make people uncomfortable and stop throwing in these cop-out scenes, he could very easily make an awesome movie.

That being said, Revenge of the Fallen will kick ass. Michael Bay was born to make these movies.
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910589)
Posted by alldarker on April 15th, 2009 @ 10:17am CDT
Speaking about Michael Bay, this is GOLD!!! (Be warned, contains bad language)
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910598)
Posted by First-Aid on April 15th, 2009 @ 11:10am CDT
Sweet news on the trailer. I was going to see Wolverine anyways on the 1st, but now I actually have incentive to be there at the time the previews start (which I think is about the first 25 minutes in the theater). Anyone think we'll see Devastator or a combining scene
? And what will the over-under be on the number of preview trailers in the Wolverine movie?
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910641)
Posted by Cyberstrike on April 15th, 2009 @ 1:18pm CDT
karellan wrote:Spielberg is certainly capable of making a good movie. Lately, he tends to wuss out at the last minute and throw in one last scene to try and make sure anyone who sees it isn't offended. Saving Private Ryan was AWESOME, regardless of what you say, but the bookends with the elderly Ryan going to the graveyard were hopelessly forced and preachy. The events themselves were powerful enough, we don't need some bawling old dude to beat us over the head with it.

Spielberg is a sentimentalist and openly admits to it, he wants people to enjoy his films and doesn't want them to leave unhappy.
But if you watch Schindler's List see Spielberg's masterpiece it's many thing but sentimental isn't one of them.

While I'm one of the few who loved A.I. because of it's sentimentalism ending that made me weep out loud in the theater when I first saw it because I would give anything for a perfect day with my mom (who died years ago) too.
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910666)
Posted by dragons on April 15th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CDT
im glad i saw image deadpool after the wepon x experimanets done on him after i saw that picture of him in the film i saved my self 7.00 to choose not to go see this film deadpool loks nothing like hisefl compared to teh comicbook version
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (910778)
Posted by Agent 007 on April 15th, 2009 @ 6:37pm CDT
well I'm goin to see Wolverine anyway so a win win for me! 8)
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (911038)
Posted by syphonn on April 16th, 2009 @ 12:19pm CDT
"... has a great story, endearing characters, action, adventure, space-travel, and fantasy. It will be an honor to run it into the ground."

Well said Onion Michael, he'll prolly beg Shia to do that "No, no no!" thing he does so well
Re: New ROTF Trailer to debut with X-MEN: Origins (912474)
Posted by Anonymous on April 19th, 2009 @ 11:43pm CDT
Agent 007 wrote:well I'm goin to see Wolverine anyway so a win win for me! 8)

My thought exactly.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITAN CLASS METROPLEX SCAMPER HASBRO FIGURE SA AQ4017 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 55 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Bumblebee Camaro New w Starscream - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 59 minutes 16 seconds
New Open Box Takara Tomy Transformers Go G19 Hunter Ratchet JAPAN IMPORT Rare - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 59 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers PRIME BEAST HUNTERS ARCEE MOC Mint COMP.  2014 - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 59 seconds
Transformers Armada Optimus Prime & Demolisher Mint Complete M433 - Time Remaining: 7 days 17 hours 1 minute 36 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Titanium Series - Hot Zone Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 1 minute 52 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS CLIFFJUMPER AUTOBOT BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 6 minutes 16 seconds
2011 Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME Voyager Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 6 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem