New stand for Unicron!

New stand for Unicron!

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 1:37pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 56,821

We all love our world devouring chaos bringer named Unicron. We love his robot-mode with it's horns and wings, we love his appetite and we love the fact that he turns into a cannibalistic planet with horns - he's totally METAL.

So when the Transformers Armada line finally brought us a transforming Supreme sized toy action figure we rejoiced, and since Unicron's planet-mode was kind of like a nostalgic (un)holy grail to us, we wanted to display him in that mode, letting him eat those stupid Mini-Cons. It was then we found out that he wasn't really a fully round planet and was impossible to display in said mode.

So along came Unicron.com, a fellow Transformers fan-site, and made a stand available which would let you display him in his planet-mode. The stand was cheap and had a wonderful design, sadly due to a design flaw the stand would often tilt over or in some cases even snap.

So since Armada Supreme Class Unicron was recently re-released with a much more G1 movie accurate colour scheme and head a different fan decided to make his own stand for this version the "Throne of Chaos". The producer of this new stand goes by the name of Brownnoize productions.
The price is stated to be USD 30 and is made in America out of crystal clear acrylic and is quite frankly a far more stable design than the Unicron.com stand.

We have mirrored some of the images of this incredible new stand, but you can click here for the original blog-post, however the post uses a lot of cursing and fowl language, so you might not want to check it out at work or school.

There is currently just one way of purchasing this stand, you have to send a pm to the main creator of it over at toyboxDX, you can visit his profile by clicking here payment will be done via pay-pal.

Update:
Brownnoize has updated it's blog with a contact form, just click here to get to it.

Credit(s): Brownnoize productions

This article was last modified on Friday, January 14th, 2011 1:01am CST

Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168940)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:02pm CST
Looks like a nice design.

Not sure if I want to sign up for them to give me a shot at owning one, but it is cool, and looks much sturdier than the one that I have that makes me cry.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168941)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:04pm CST
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168947)
Posted by El Duque on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:13pm CST
Cool stand, and it looks light years more stable than the one by Unicron.com, but I'll pass. Mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to sign up for the forum.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168949)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:16pm CST
That stand actually reminds me of a plastic photo frame I had to make in shop class. All I had to do was bend a piece of plastic using heat. I bet, if I could get some of plates and a heater, I could make a stand myself...
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168962)
Posted by --B-- on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:49pm CST
Very nice.

Not $30 nice, but nice none the less. The cut out on the front for the bottom part of the circle is my favorite part.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168963)
Posted by craggy on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:49pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:A nice stand, well designed... but I've got Unicron in robot mode, and I have no paypal account thing... nor am I sure how to get one. *Shrug*

paypal is easy. i signed up with my hotmail account. then add my card (it takes credit or debit cards I think) to the paypal database. you can pay for goods and services or send people money (or have them send you money) and supposedly they're pretty good with getting your money back if something goes wrong.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168972)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 13th, 2011 @ 3:06pm CST
Picked up both Unicron and SW Crossovers Darth Vader/Death Star this past week at a discount store. Both are minus a few parts but this stand would still come in handy for making a display with the two facing off against each other. Of course, I also have enough clear plex of my own to make something similar to this but it wouldn't look as clean in the final product. This stand is seriously starting to tempt me... :-?
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168986)
Posted by Hard Hacker on January 13th, 2011 @ 3:37pm CST
$30 for a laser cut piece of clear plastic that was bent using a wire heater.

It's a bit audacious to charge that much, I think.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168990)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 13th, 2011 @ 3:50pm CST
Not worth signing up to a forum for, and definately not worth 30 bucks. PASS!
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168994)
Posted by Skice on January 13th, 2011 @ 3:54pm CST
It looks OK but just a clear piece of plastic is not exactly what I would call a "Throne of chaos"
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1168996)
Posted by dragons on January 13th, 2011 @ 3:59pm CST
its nice looking but i allready have stand for unicron movie cron in bot mode armada cron in planet i this stand wire stand that is holding up this plaque up in the image below i am using for unircon i nplanet mode to hold up the planet made of metal i bought these knives to go with my room theme stand works out good

Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169003)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 13th, 2011 @ 4:26pm CST
I want one of those so I signed up at the website. It takes a moderator to approve any app's so not sure how long it takes.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169010)
Posted by Starscream on January 13th, 2011 @ 4:44pm CST
Hard Hacker wrote:$30 for a laser cut piece of clear plastic that was bent using a wire heater.

It's a bit audacious to charge that much, I think.

Please get over yourself. This thing looks perfect. I guess none of you remember how much Unicron.com charged for their stand back in the day, and that piece of crap doesn't even work!

Speak for yourself, I'm buying two and laughing all the way to my collection case!!!!! So happy to see this today.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169030)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 13th, 2011 @ 5:44pm CST
craggy wrote:

Hmm, thanks. I might check into that...
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169034)
Posted by Stormrider on January 13th, 2011 @ 5:49pm CST
I might get one of these.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169061)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on January 13th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CST
Starscream wrote:

It's a bit audacious to charge that much, I think.

LOL, Seriously? Have fun with that.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169062)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 13th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CST
If I get 2010 Unicron I might invest in this.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169095)
Posted by LiKwid on January 13th, 2011 @ 8:28pm CST
$30?... for that? EL OH EL :BANG_HEAD: You clones will buy anything :P
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169104)
Posted by Mkall on January 13th, 2011 @ 8:55pm CST
I keep mine in robot mode, so I'm not too interested in this.
Re: New stand for Unicron! (1169117)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 13th, 2011 @ 10:01pm CST
Hah, the one taking the pics doesn't like the bright orange missiles either. Yea, i'm afraid i'd have to agree with a lot of you, $30 is a little extreme for a stand. That cash could be better spent on some FP, or United figures.
:CON:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer GALVATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "NEW GRIMLOCK Evolution 2-Pack Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro AOE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION SNARL, Generations Deluxe Dinobot 2014." on EBAY
Buy "NOS Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Combiner Golden Helmet" on EBAY