New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online

Transformers News: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online

Friday, February 3rd, 2017 8:06AM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,433

And lo! as promised, the first version of the new spot for Transformers: The Last Knight - from Paramount Pictures and Michael Bay - is now online! A longer, extended version will be available after the Super Bowl this weekend, bringing the 30 seconds below to 55, and hopefully showing more new footage. Check out the clip embedded below in the meantime, featuring Grimlock, Anthony Hopkins, Optimus Prime, Laura Haddock, Mark Wahlberg, Bumblebee, Isabela Moner, and let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): Paramount
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856852)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 3rd, 2017 @ 8:36am CST
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856859)
Posted by Big Grim on February 3rd, 2017 @ 8:52am CST
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856860)
Posted by william-james88 on February 3rd, 2017 @ 8:52am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:Well....that was a surprise ;) i was expecting it to drop tomorrow, nice to see Grimlock in the spot though

nice to see it all being new footage
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856861)
Posted by william-james88 on February 3rd, 2017 @ 8:53am CST
Big Grim wrote:Wonder in the dinobots with actually get to be something other than mindless wreaking machines. I certainly hope so. They were a disappointment in AoE.

You will be super dissapointed then, because it has been said that Grimlock is the only dinobot returning from AOE.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856865)
Posted by SnoopDawg on February 3rd, 2017 @ 8:58am CST
william-james88 wrote:

When did they say that? From all of the interviews and news articles I've read, they've never mentioned it being only Grimlock in the movie. They always said "the return of the dinobots" with the addition of newer minidinobots. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856870)
Posted by Dagon on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:08am CST
They could not possibly make this movie look less interesting.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856872)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:16am CST
Unf! I do love watching those movie bots fight...even if it's Prime vs Bumblebee. :P
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856873)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:21am CST
Looks like Bee's getting some payback for last trailer :D
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856874)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:22am CST
This shot is impressive, whatever it is?(Cybertron or something else?)
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856877)
Posted by o.supreme on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:30am CST
Well that was odd. For the entire length of the movie franchise, although I run the gamut of emotions and thoughts about trailers ranging from pretty cool to meh...I've never seen anything that incited an angry response until this morning, of course it could all be for nothing.

*Hopefully* what we are not seeing is Grimlock getting killed off (ala Leadfoot and Ratchet in AoE) . You don't kill the family dog...you just don't.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856878)
Posted by william-james88 on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:30am CST
SnoopDawg wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Mark Walhberg mentioned mini dinobots, so not what we previously saw. And the producer said that grimlock has a role in the begining.

And thats it. There has been no mention of all the dinobots from the previous film returning, please show me where you read that.

Here is the mention:

[quote]So is it more than Grimlock, or mostly Grimlock?

Di Bonaventura: There’s a few others, but Grimlock is, to me–I like Grimlock the most, so that’s probably why I talk the most about it, you know? And I just saw a sequence, so that’s probably why it’s on the top of my head. He’s funny. He’s like a naughty dog in this movie. He’s really sheepish when he does something wrong. He’s a great character. He’s really–we’re bringing out a side of him that you’re going to like–you’re going to relate to.[/quote]

From reading that, I would really not put my hopes up to see anything more than grimlock with significant screentime.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856879)
Posted by Dagon on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:36am CST
william-james88 wrote:
SnoopDawg wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

We are all no doubt aware of the impeccable continuity from one movie to the next, so we know how improbably it is that a character would either appear or disappear without any explanation.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856883)
Posted by o.supreme on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:42am CST
william-james88 wrote:Mark Walhberg mentioned mini dinobots, so not what we previously saw. And the producer said that grimlock has a role in the beginning. And that's it.

I actually had no idea any Dinobots would be in this film, but this now even raises my suspicions. Looks like Cemetery Wind, or something worse still exists. Probably all the other Dinobots were hunted down in between films and Grimlock is the last... :( ...Really hope I am wrong.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856887)
Posted by Guitarbot on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:49am CST
Deadput wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:Can he please just keep his friggin word and leave the franchise so these movies MAY actually be able to get someone GOOD making them.

Like who?

Good is a subjective opinion there is no universal answer to who is the best choice and you know why?

Because there is no best choice that's how life works there is no perfect choice or ways to do things Bay leaving the movies isn't going to magically make them amazing and there is all the other people who work on the movies like producers and screen writers.

How to make the movies "better"? How about internal logical consistency within the narrative and/or the franchise?
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856890)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
I just noticed that Cade is on Optimus in that last shot of the trailer. Wonder what he's doing there?
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856893)
Posted by o.supreme on February 3rd, 2017 @ 10:03am CST
Deadput wrote:What would you do to make the movies "better" more robot screen time, no humans in a human made franchise?

I agree with your statement that removing Michael Bay does not automatically make the movie franchise better, but this above statement puzzles me. Are you stating that just because we are humans, and we make films, that the films themselves have to have human characters? Or are you saying that because this particular version of Transformers relies heavily on human characters over the past 5 films, that all-of-a-sudden removing them would not make things better?

In either case, the best 3 movies in TF history (yes I know this is my opinion but...) were:

1.Transformers:The Movie (1986) -very little human involvement
2. Predacons Rising -zero humans &
3. Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger -zero humans

My ideal Transformers film would be one with no humans, taking place perhaps between Cybertron and other Alien Worlds, but whether or not that could be done with this franchise, or require a full reboot I guess remains to be seen.

All that being said, I don't hate the current film series as many fans do. I really liked the first film, the 2nd and 3rd had great action sequences, but the human cast killed it for me, so I very rarely watch them. The 4th film actually made a great choice ditching most of the humans from the first 3 and replacing them with *better* choices IMHO. As for this 5th film, I reserve judgment until I actually see it.
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856903)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 3rd, 2017 @ 10:30am CST
Erm...does the toy Bee we've seen come with a hammer?

+ who's that rushing Bee near the end where he's about to attack Optimus?
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856905)
Posted by o.supreme on February 3rd, 2017 @ 10:35am CST
Also the alien/Quintesson/Unicron/ "creator" voice is female... :-?
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856906)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on February 3rd, 2017 @ 10:37am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:Erm...does the toy Bee we've seen come with a hammer?

+ who's that rushing Bee near the end where he's about to attack Optimus?

No the toy seen so far does not have that.

I don't see anyone rushing Bee?

So Optimus accepts a mission of redemption from his creators? Willingly or what?

Also, with Grimlock: does it look like he is teleporting right into the ground? It just looks like he shows up magically in a blast of dirt
Re: New Super Bowl Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Online (1856909)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 3rd, 2017 @ 10:44am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:Erm...does the toy Bee we've seen come with a hammer?

+ who's that rushing Bee near the end where he's about to attack Optimus?

No the toy seen so far does not have that.

I don't see anyone rushing Bee?

maybe Bee nicked the hammer from Solus Prime(the alien female voiced creator) :-? (just a theory)

btw Grimlock is tunneling up from out of the ground

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Beast Wars WASPINATOR 10th Anniversary Misb New Hasbro Figure - Time Remaining: 25 days 1 hour 25 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Movie First Encounter 6" Barricade New 2007 Hasbro Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 29 minutes 11 seconds
Vector Prime vs Starscream Cybertron TRU Transformers Hasbro Toys"R"Us 2005 MISP - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 30 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Megatron G1 Bust Art Asylum Diamond Select Statue SDCC 345/750 - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 35 minutes 36 seconds
Arcee Botcon Transformers Black Widow Spider Hasbro 3H Enterprises 2001 MISP - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 36 minutes 30 seconds
Prowl vs. Starscream Energon 2-Pack Transformers RID Hasbro 2004 MISP! Longarm + - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 36 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Generations Platinum Edition Soundwave - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 37 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain Darkmoon Voyager Generations - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 39 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #182 - Great Expectations