New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery

New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery

Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 10:09am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 33,300

Finally, the biggest of all Optimus Prime figures gets immortalized in the famous galleries of Seibertron.com.

Transformers Animated Supreme class "Roll Out Command" Optimus Prime joins his friends and foes in the most comprehensive Transformers toy galleries on the world wide web.

With over 80 images of this awesome figure, you can get that TF Animated fix you've been longing for.

"Roll Out Command" Optimus Prime

New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery

New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery

More to come from the Revenge of the Fallen line!

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 1:55pm CDT

Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981691)
Posted by Mykltron on August 25th, 2009 @ 10:55am CDT
I can't decide if he has a big bum or a spare tyre round his waist. I'm surprised they couldn't cover up the holes on the forearms. Not an impressive figure, I'll stick with the voyager.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981694)
Posted by capellamusic on August 25th, 2009 @ 10:59am CDT
This looks more like a giant Activators... for kids it may be cool, but not for collectors.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981699)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on August 25th, 2009 @ 11:07am CDT
My brother has it, and actually, it isn't like an Activator. Believe it or not, it is more like a giant, simplified Voyager OP with less accurate paint apps. It's pretty cool, but it only says two phrases, which gets annoying. Fast.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981737)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 25th, 2009 @ 11:59am CDT
I got him from the TRU sale, I've yet to open him though. Too big for display imo. :-?
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981752)
Posted by Convotron on August 25th, 2009 @ 12:18pm CDT
I like the idea of it but, wow, it's a monster of a figure. I bet it'd be great for kids. No small parts to break or lose easily.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981758)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on August 25th, 2009 @ 12:27pm CDT
I love this guy. I bought him on sale and started modding him immediately to address some of his shortcomings. Black paint apps were first, particularly on his arms so they are colored correctly in alt mode. It's not exactly show-accurate in robot mode, but it looks OK.

More involved was modding his left arm so it could be posed, rather than having the punching action. It took lots of carving away plastic, but it's now poseable like his right arm.

This was all a while ago; haven't played with him in a long time and frankly, I can't remember what else I did to him. IIRC I have a thread about him in the Kitbash section, I'll try to find it.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981775)
Posted by First Gen on August 25th, 2009 @ 12:53pm CDT
I've never been an Animated fan, and even before certain figures won me over a bit, this is the one figure I wanted. Now, I'd like to get it for my son. I always miss out on stuff, but BBTS got it on clearance so I may scoop it for him. And me. :grin:
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981797)
Posted by SJ21 on August 25th, 2009 @ 1:22pm CDT
I have him and I love him. I wouldn't have bought him myself, but I got him as a gift. I am glad I got him. I have the Voyager in alt mode at the feet of the Supreme. Makes for a nice display.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981801)
Posted by Seibertron on August 25th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CDT
I had this gallery completely finished and ready to upload to the site last fall. Somehow I overlooked the gallery and never actually uploaded/added it to the site. astrobard mentioned last Friday in the "What figures do you want to see galleries of next" thread that he'd like to see a gallery of Roll Out Command Optimus Prime. I went to find the link in the galleries when I discovered that it wasn't on the site. I had to go find the DVD that I burned of the TFA figures to recover my files for this gallery. Kind of makes me want to bust out the few remaining TFA figures that don't have galleries yet. Maybe when I do the new Activators in the next week or two I'll take a break from ROTF.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981804)
Posted by Seibertron on August 25th, 2009 @ 1:29pm CDT
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981887)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on August 25th, 2009 @ 4:02pm CDT
Is he a good or bad figure?
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981890)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 25th, 2009 @ 4:08pm CDT
personally, i prefer the voyager prime way better
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981897)
Posted by magnusalpha on August 25th, 2009 @ 4:25pm CDT
It's a great figure, in my opinion. Is it simplified in some ways? Yes. Does he have a big box on his ass? Yes. Is it awesome? Yes.

He's displayed standing next my Armada Unicron, and while I don't handle him much, he would make a fantastic toy for a kid. He's pretty durable even with all his gimmicks.

Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981908)
Posted by Convotron on August 25th, 2009 @ 4:36pm CDT
magnusalpha wrote:I'm very intrigued by people who say "Oh, I prefer the blah-blah-blah version." Why prefer? Get them both.

Monetary concerns and the fact that most people buy only what they prefer.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (981989)
Posted by mick1122 on August 25th, 2009 @ 6:03pm CDT
My six year old has it on his display shelf next to his Primus. It is a neat figure for him, but I keep threatening to take the axe for my collection.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (982004)
Posted by astrobard on August 25th, 2009 @ 6:31pm CDT
so nice to see the gallery is up. good job! :D

would love to see some size comparison with other TFA characters...and i heard this Supreme OP is too small for a Supreme Class figure? primus, unicron are way bigger rite?
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (982008)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 25th, 2009 @ 6:33pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Quick question: did anyone figure out how to "fix" his mouth plate / face shield so that it would be "up" in the off position instead of "down"? The figure's head looks weird with the face shield down. I thought about taking his head apart to see if I could reverse the switch or something but never got around to it.

I would like to know this too, but I heard everyone's ROC Optimus Prime all have a "loose" jaw. :-?
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (982011)
Posted by mick1122 on August 25th, 2009 @ 6:37pm CDT

Primus has a good couple of inches on Roll Out Optimus.

Wait, that came out all wrong......
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (982100)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on August 25th, 2009 @ 9:36pm CDT

I had his head apart to mod it so it can turn, and the mouth mechanism works like this: the mouth plate sits downward in its off, or resting, position. When the voice comes on, a small electromagnetic coil activates to pull the plate upward in time to the voice. When the voice ends, the plate falls back to its rest position. Thus, I'm not sure how you could go about flipping that action, so it's up at rest. If you could relocate the EM coil to the underside of the arm that carries the mouth plate, then use a very gentle spring to keep the plate in the upper position, that would do it. To be honest, I can't remember if there's enough space in there to do that. HTH.
Re: New TF Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Gallery (982116)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 25th, 2009 @ 10:16pm CDT
Ha ha ha ahaahhaaha!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Optimus-Bob "Square pants"!!

good for kids, not my cup O' tea..

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Retro Reissue G1 Headmasters Highbrow (F1024)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro F1027 Transformers Generations Retro Headmaster Skullcruncher Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ReAction Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WRECK-GAR....COMPLETE!!" on EBAY