This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz

Transformers News: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz

Saturday, October 24th, 2020 1:23PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 41,662

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, -Kanrabat-, has let us know that YouTube toy reviewer, TonTon Reviews, is first on the scene again with the recently announced Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz!

Jazz joins Kup and Blurr in being the first wave of Studio Series 86 Deluxes. There has been some speculation over his number with the favorite being a combination of previous numbers that have graced his alt mode in the past.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:



What do you think of this review? Is this the Jazx you've been waiting for? Or are you sticking with RTS Jazz? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): TonTon Reviews on YouTube

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085135)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 24th, 2020 @ 1:49pm CDT
That Jazz is absolutely magnificent. Could benefit from some Repros and it's a bummer we can't door-wings, but otherwise, it's a sure buy from me. ;)^
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085136)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 24th, 2020 @ 2:09pm CDT
If this Jazz could do the door wings, it'd be an automatic buy from me. As is, I may still pick it up if it looks good in hand, but personally it's not a priority, especially with Kingdom going on at the same time
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085137)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 24th, 2020 @ 2:45pm CDT
I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085138)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 24th, 2020 @ 2:49pm CDT
I just now noticed the difference in the wheels for Hot Rod...freakin' :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: ...'nuff said! 8-| :VEHI:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085139)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 24th, 2020 @ 2:58pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:

Hot Rod's a Voyager class figure with a different parts count that can be used for additional accessories, Jazz is just a Deluxe class
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085140)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 24th, 2020 @ 3:01pm CDT
Is this the only Jazz coming in the near future? I mean in all lines, not just SS?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085142)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 24th, 2020 @ 3:06pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Is this the only Jazz coming in the near future? I mean in all lines, not just SS?

I assume so. I wasn't surprised he was skipped in Earthrise and Siege because he had just gotten a figure in PotP. I think this is what we get.

Who knows what will happen post-Kingdom, but I'm not expecting a retread of the '84 cast since they were so well represented in WfC.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085143)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on October 24th, 2020 @ 3:08pm CDT
I like this jazz I dont really mind the lack of door wings, considering they're going for more cartoon/movie accuracy over original toy accuracy. More couldve been done for articulation or accessories but I like the overall look and the scaling with the other updated G1 bots
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085144)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 24th, 2020 @ 3:14pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Is this the only Jazz coming in the near future? I mean in all lines, not just SS?

I assume so. I wasn't surprised he was skipped in Earthrise and Siege because he had just gotten a figure in PotP. I think this is what we get.

Who knows what will happen post-Kingdom, but I'm not expecting a retread of the '84 cast since they were so well represented in WfC.

Never say never, rumours are that if Kingdom does well, each generations line after will be 50% G1 50% other. Though I think that thus Jazx could have been easily put in Kingdom but was knocked other here
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085145)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 24th, 2020 @ 3:28pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:

Hot Rod's a Voyager class figure with a different parts count that can be used for additional accessories, Jazz is just a Deluxe class


Nah, I don't feel class should be an issue. It's the principle IMHO! :VEHI:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085148)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 24th, 2020 @ 3:44pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:Nah, I don't feel class should be an issue. It's the principle IMHO! :VEHI:


Look like plastics are worth more than gold.

I still can't forgive the fact that I had to pay 80$CAN just to have freaking ROLLER for my Optimus. #-o
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085149)
Posted by Tuned Agent on October 24th, 2020 @ 3:54pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:

Hot Rod's a Voyager class figure with a different parts count that can be used for additional accessories, Jazz is just a Deluxe class


Nah, I don't feel class should be an issue. It's the principle IMHO! :VEHI:

Also, Jazz never had his shoulder cannon in the cartoon (unless I'm mistaken), so the design team probably couldn't care less. Just like Marvel Ratchet's red helmet. :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085150)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 24th, 2020 @ 4:03pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:

Hot Rod's a Voyager class figure with a different parts count that can be used for additional accessories, Jazz is just a Deluxe class


Nah, I don't feel class should be an issue. It's the principle IMHO! :VEHI:

Also, Jazz never had his shoulder cannon in the cartoon (unless I'm mistaken), so the design team probably couldn't care less. Just like Marvel Ratchet's red helmet. :HEADHURTS:

And Grimlock's sword. It's also why jazz is wingless. But isn't this what people wanted? The toys being like the cartoon?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085151)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 24th, 2020 @ 4:03pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:

Hot Rod's a Voyager class figure with a different parts count that can be used for additional accessories, Jazz is just a Deluxe class


Nah, I don't feel class should be an issue. It's the principle IMHO! :VEHI:

Also, Jazz never had his shoulder cannon in the cartoon (unless I'm mistaken), so the design team probably couldn't care less. Just like Marvel Ratchet's red helmet. :HEADHURTS:


Okay he didn't have it in the cartoon mind you but what's right is right! :-P :VEHI:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085157)
Posted by Tuned Agent on October 24th, 2020 @ 5:39pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:

Hot Rod's a Voyager class figure with a different parts count that can be used for additional accessories, Jazz is just a Deluxe class


Nah, I don't feel class should be an issue. It's the principle IMHO! :VEHI:

Also, Jazz never had his shoulder cannon in the cartoon (unless I'm mistaken), so the design team probably couldn't care less. Just like Marvel Ratchet's red helmet. :HEADHURTS:

And Grimlock's sword. It's also why jazz is wingless. But isn't this what people wanted? The toys being like the cartoon?

A good point. But nothing can ever make everybody happy, and transformers is no exception.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085158)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 24th, 2020 @ 5:52pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm so happy with United Jazz. But I must say if they gave Hot Rod all the extra accessories it's lame that they didn't give Jazz his shoulder weapon at least...pretty lame :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: . #-o :VEHI:


That being said maybe :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY: will milk fans some more and release another repaint like Centurion with another wave of accessories and included will be Jazz's shoulder weapon eh? :-P :VEHI:

Hot Rod's a Voyager class figure with a different parts count that can be used for additional accessories, Jazz is just a Deluxe class


Nah, I don't feel class should be an issue. It's the principle IMHO! :VEHI:

Also, Jazz never had his shoulder cannon in the cartoon (unless I'm mistaken), so the design team probably couldn't care less. Just like Marvel Ratchet's red helmet. :HEADHURTS:

And Grimlock's sword. It's also why jazz is wingless. But isn't this what people wanted? The toys being like the cartoon?

A good point. But nothing can ever make everybody happy, and transformers is no exception.

Aye there will always be those that say not good enough
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085165)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 24th, 2020 @ 8:18pm CDT
im glad they found a way to not have door wings as that how the original animation model was
this by far is the best version of g1 jazz since g1 a little help from reprolabels and it can be perfect
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085169)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on October 24th, 2020 @ 10:05pm CDT
Yeah I'm glad I have Jazz on preorder... Looks really solid.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085185)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 25th, 2020 @ 10:39am CDT
Good news, Bayverse SS fans!

Tonton reviews has SS ROTF Bumblebee and will be reviewing it later today.
1057D79D-BD16-403B-8D41-68B5B8C3A298.jpeg


Not only does this confirm those other listings (in which Jolt and DOTM Dino were also listed), but considering that Tonton has it now it can’t be that long (Like, not another year) until they’re released - making me think that wave 2 of SS in 2021 will be Bayverse
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085186)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 25th, 2020 @ 10:46am CDT
Also, while they did remold the grill for the ROTF Camaro, they left the space between the lower grill and the bottom of the car yellow instead of black (indicative of the DOTM Camaro and not the ROTF one).

New SS Bee:
F5235AAD-DA77-42C6-B4EE-A614FE660CF0.jpeg


ROTF Camaro:
9735A9DB-F687-466B-9398-F56CE0AB5C3E.jpeg


DOTM Camaro:
03FD177F-38E7-418C-ABEB-1C37C0D02621.jpeg


It’s literally a 5-second fix with paint, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

EDIT: Now that the review is out, we can see that they did actually paint that piece black for the center part of the grill, but not the side pieces that form the robot mode chest.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085187)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 25th, 2020 @ 10:58am CDT
What is the point of a non-interactable human?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085189)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 25th, 2020 @ 11:28am CDT
I hate that we can't seem to be able to get this version with the non-masked head
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085191)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 25th, 2020 @ 11:54am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:What is the point of a non-interactable human?

I’m actually really glad they included Sam, since he is a big part of the movies. I’m hoping we get Simmons (maybe with Skids/Mudflap), Lennox (DOTM Ironhide?) and Epps (ROTF Sideswipe?) in the future.

Sentinel_Primal wrote:I hate that we can't seem to be able to get this version with the non-masked head

You can swap the head from SS-01/Clunker Bumblebee onto this mold, but that head sculpt really isn’t the best, especially when you compare it to WWII Bee, which does a great job with the unmasked head. My guess is that we’ll see the unmasked head (hopefully a new one) on either DOTM or AOE High Octane Bumblebee if we get those.


I’m pretty excited for ROTF Bee, I’ll admit I don’t like the lighter gray color but I’ll be repainting the thing anyway so it’s not a big deal. It’s cool that it includes both the plasma cannon and Sam!
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085192)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 25th, 2020 @ 11:59am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I hate that we can't seem to be able to get this version with the non-masked head

You can swap the head from SS-01/Clunker Bumblebee onto this mold, but that head sculpt really isn’t the best, especially when you compare it to WWII Bee, which does a great job with the unmasked head. My guess is that we’ll see the unmasked head (hopefully a new one) on either DOTM or AOE High Octane Bumblebee if we get those.


I’m pretty excited for ROTF Bee, I’ll admit I don’t like the lighter gray color but I’ll be repainting the thing anyway so it’s not a big deal. It’s cool that it includes both the plasma cannon and Sam!

There is the possibility that TonTon's source also just grabbed whichever Bumblebee head they thought went with the mold like Smokescreen's shoulder guns that turned out to be Bluestreak's :D
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085193)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 25th, 2020 @ 12:08pm CDT
The review is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XauOJ46jKT4

I'm a lot more excited about this figure after seeing the new more accurate yellow used, that's awesome!

Bees.PNG
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085195)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2020 @ 2:07pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:What is the point of a non-interactable human?
For the robot toys to step on? :P
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085198)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 25th, 2020 @ 3:19pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron users, Tuned Agent and EvasionModeBumblebee, have let us know that YouTube toy reviewer, TonTon Reviews has got ahkd of a toy that we hadn't even seen leaks of other then a listing: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Class Bumblebee!

This Bumblebee represents how he was in the second live action film (when his vehicle mode was now the 2008 production Camaro instead of the prototype Camaro that was the basis for his alt in the 07 film). It is a retool of the previously released Dark of the Moon Deluxe Class Bumblebee. This figure comes with a non-poseable figure of Sam Witwicky running. This possibly represents the character running to revive Optimus with the Matrix as seen in the finale of the film.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:



What do you think of this review? Are you getting this Bumblebee to add to your hive? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085201)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 25th, 2020 @ 3:43pm CDT
Once again, we're getting leaks of the toys before Hasbro properly announces them. That Pulse event from last time would have been PERFECT to reveal this Bee and the other live-action guys. That being said, this year's Bumblebee looked better than the upcoming one.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085215)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 25th, 2020 @ 10:12pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Once again, we're getting leaks of the toys before Hasbro properly announces them. That Pulse event from last time would have been PERFECT to reveal this Bee and the other live-action guys. That being said, this year's Bumblebee looked better than the upcoming one.
So are you blaming the leakers for ruining it or Hasbro for dragging their feet?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085216)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 25th, 2020 @ 10:36pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:Once again, we're getting leaks of the toys before Hasbro properly announces them. That Pulse event from last time would have been PERFECT to reveal this Bee and the other live-action guys. That being said, this year's Bumblebee looked better than the upcoming one.
So are you blaming the leakers for ruining it or Hasbro for dragging their feet?

Blaming Hasbro for being slow. I get that the pandemic affected the way they reveal toys, and it made them at least be a little slow with the reveals or distributions, but it's kind of mindblowing how long they take to reveal these toys after physical copies of them leak to whoever gives them to PvP and TonTon in the online alleyway.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085231)
Posted by cruizerdave on October 26th, 2020 @ 9:25am CDT
No door wings. No shoulder launcher. No speakers. No frills. Just a solid figure.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085232)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 26th, 2020 @ 9:33am CDT
cruizerdave wrote:No door wings. No shoulder launcher. No speakers. No frills. Just a solid figure.


SS 86 Jazz is literally a mini MP, as expected.

Now if only the REAL MP could become reality.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085234)
Posted by Tuned Agent on October 26th, 2020 @ 11:56am CDT
RotF Bumblebee is probably my favorite Bee design from any of the movies (except maybe '67 Camaro Bee from AoE). The base mold looks amazing, so I've been looking forward to this retool. I really want to like this figure.

But man, that deco is bad. Why is the paint on the front of the car so... unfinished? Couldn't they have just picked either around the grill or along the bumper to fully paint, instead of half-painting both? And why is the grey plastic so light??? I legit thought this was a test run or a prototype before I realized it is the actual figure. The retooled parts look great, but the deco just makes both modes an eyesore. Maybe it'll grow on me, but right now it's pretty disappointing.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085240)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 26th, 2020 @ 1:08pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:No door wings. No shoulder launcher. No speakers. No frills. Just a solid figure.


SS 86 Jazz is literally a mini MP, as expected.

Now if only the REAL MP could become reality.


One way to check is to look for any car licensing on the packaging. If there is, we may see an MP Meister yet.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085241)
Posted by Overcracker on October 26th, 2020 @ 1:26pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
One way to check is to look for any car licensing on the packaging. If there is, we may see an MP Meister yet.


Spoilers.... There is none. SS86 Jazz unfortunately is not a licensed Porsche, as much as it looks like one.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085243)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 26th, 2020 @ 1:30pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
One way to check is to look for any car licensing on the packaging. If there is, we may see an MP Meister yet.


Spoilers.... There is none. SS86 Jazz unfortunately is not a licensed Porsche, as much as it looks like one.


But does it have to be licensed though?
Just a few mods to the vehicle like for the SS figure and they are in the clear.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085244)
Posted by Overcracker on October 26th, 2020 @ 1:41pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
One way to check is to look for any car licensing on the packaging. If there is, we may see an MP Meister yet.


Spoilers.... There is none. SS86 Jazz unfortunately is not a licensed Porsche, as much as it looks like one.


But does it have to be licensed though?
Just a few mods to the vehicle like for the SS figure and they are in the clear.


Would be the first MP car outside of Hot Rod to not be licensed if that were the case.

Not impossible, but kind of strange for a line priding themselves in Vehicle and robot mode cartoon accuracy that has in fact licensed every other real world car.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085246)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 26th, 2020 @ 2:31pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
One way to check is to look for any car licensing on the packaging. If there is, we may see an MP Meister yet.


Spoilers.... There is none. SS86 Jazz unfortunately is not a licensed Porsche, as much as it looks like one.


But does it have to be licensed though?
Just a few mods to the vehicle like for the SS figure and they are in the clear.


Would be the first MP car outside of Hot Rod to not be licensed if that were the case.

Not impossible, but kind of strange for a line priding themselves in Vehicle and robot mode cartoon accuracy that has in fact licensed every other real world car.


Considering the original toys were exact replicas of vehicles (albeit unlicensed due to lack of proper legislation at the time), called out as such, and animation models were made based on them, it's not strange at all. The Mini-Bots were Super-Deformed, yes, but the original Microman toys called out the exact models of 3 to 4 of them.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085247)
Posted by Overcracker on October 26th, 2020 @ 2:44pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
One way to check is to look for any car licensing on the packaging. If there is, we may see an MP Meister yet.


Spoilers.... There is none. SS86 Jazz unfortunately is not a licensed Porsche, as much as it looks like one.


But does it have to be licensed though?
Just a few mods to the vehicle like for the SS figure and they are in the clear.


Would be the first MP car outside of Hot Rod to not be licensed if that were the case.

Not impossible, but kind of strange for a line priding themselves in Vehicle and robot mode cartoon accuracy that has in fact licensed every other real world car.


Considering the original toys were exact replicas of vehicles (albeit unlicensed due to lack of proper legislation at the time), called out as such, and animation models were made based on them, it's not strange at all. The Mini-Bots were Super-Deformed, yes, but the original Microman toys called out the exact models of 3 to 4 of them.


What I mean is it would be strange for Takara to not license the Porsche alt mode for the MP line if they ever get around to making Meister.

The point being Takara has licensed the vehicle mode of every other real world car in the MP line so far, so would be strange for them to not actually want to license the Porsche alt mode for Meister.

The fact the SS86 Jazz is unlicensed is not terribly surprising.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085255)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 26th, 2020 @ 6:39pm CDT
There's some new SS news at last. I am happy he comes with Sam, but still wish he had the shoulder cannons.

Hopefully a Dino reveal is in the future here too
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085266)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on October 26th, 2020 @ 10:38pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Hopefully a Dino reveal is in the future here too


I know, I can't wait to see Slag!!!


Kidding!
Really, I'm excited for Slag. but I know what you meant.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085270)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2020 @ 11:32pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Hopefully a Dino reveal is in the future here too


I know, I can't wait to see Slag!!!


Kidding!
Really, I'm excited for Slag. but I know what you meant.
Could be a Slag that turns into a red Ferrari. :P
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085271)
Posted by Tuned Agent on October 26th, 2020 @ 11:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Hopefully a Dino reveal is in the future here too


I know, I can't wait to see Slag!!!


Kidding!
Really, I'm excited for Slag. but I know what you meant.
Could be a Slag that turns into a red Ferrari. :P

They could reveal them both by having Dino ride Slag in triceratops mode. :-?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085273)
Posted by King Kuuga on October 27th, 2020 @ 12:35am CDT
After picking up Blitzwing, Off Road Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper this week, I decided to go back and complete the set by buying car Shatter and Dropkick, who I had previously passed on. Dropkick is going to take a while to get here, but Shatter was pretty fast. I had heard car Shatter was bad and car Dropkick was good, but having her in hand, she's one of the worst Transformers I've ever handled, and I own Airachnid. Hard to believe this is a 2019 figure with that amount of kind and minimal articulation. Jet mode is far superior.
PXL_20201027_030529874.jpg

PXL_20201027_031706625.jpg


On the flip side, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are pretty fun and while of course CJ being a retool of Bee is a tale as old as CHUG, the extent of this retool is absolutely incredible.
PXL_20201024_032417541.jpg

PXL_20201024_034648396.jpg


Blitzwing is okay but he looked a lot cooler before I got him out of the box. His chest doesn't hold together well and the back of the jet just looks like they gave up. Fortunately I can't tell a Harrier from a Blackbird so the apparent alt mode inaccuracy doesn't bother me.

Also obligatory DID YOU THINK YOU COULD HIDE shot
PXL_20201024_053504634.jpg
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085286)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 27th, 2020 @ 6:46am CDT
Jet mode Shatter is one of the best and most fun figures of the line, she's just really neat!
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085545)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 29th, 2020 @ 11:12am CDT
2nd dude of the day arrived. I now have 10 Constructicons, and I have my 2 favorites as individuals and combiner limbs!

Image
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085547)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 29th, 2020 @ 11:21am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:2nd dude of the day arrived. I now have 10 Constructicons, and I have my 2 favorites as individuals and combiner limbs!

Image

Out of curiousity, did you order yours from Target, or Amazon?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085548)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 29th, 2020 @ 11:22am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Out of curiousity, did you order yours from Target, or Amazon?

This one is my Target one. $20 after tax. My Amazon $30 one arrived in August
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085549)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 29th, 2020 @ 11:25am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Out of curiousity, did you order yours from Target, or Amazon?

This one is my Target one. $20 after tax. My Amazon $30 one arrived in August

Ah, okay. Asking because my Target Overload's still backordered and I had to approve another delay yesterday so I was starting to wonder if "backordered" meant "C'mon dude, we messed up the price of this guy, please just cancel, we're not ordering anymore"
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Deluxe Class Jazz (2085550)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 29th, 2020 @ 11:26am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Out of curiousity, did you order yours from Target, or Amazon?

This one is my Target one. $20 after tax. My Amazon $30 one arrived in August

Ah, okay. Asking because my Target Overload's still backordered and I had to approve another delay yesterday so I was starting to wonder if "backordered" meant "C'mon dude, we messed up the price of this guy, please just cancel, we're not ordering anymore"

I have a friend on Twitter who is dealing with the same thing. Mine was backordered to next week, but got shipped out this past Sunday, so it got knocked ahead a bit

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON