Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts

Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts

Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 3:02pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News, Press Releases
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 48,294

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS TITLE AND FIRST OFFICIAL PLOT DETAILS CONFIRMED DURING PRODUCTION KICKOFF EVENT!

Transformers News: Transformers: Rise of The Beasts - Title Announcement

THE VIRTUAL EVENT FEATURED A CONVERSATION WITH DIRECTOR STEVEN CAPLE JR. AND PRODUCER LORENZO DI BONAVENTURA WITH SPECIAL APPEARANCES BY STARS ANTHONY RAMOS AND DOMINIQUE FISHBACK

LOGLINE: Returning to the action and spectacle that first captured moviegoers around the world 14 years ago with the original Transformers, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will take audiences on a ‘90s globetrotting adventure and introduce the Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons to the existing battle on earth between Autobots and Decepticons. Directed by Steven Caple Jr. and starring Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback, the film arrives in theatres June 24, 2022.

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS IS IN THEATRES JUNE 24, 2022

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Present

In Association with Hasbro and New Republic Pictures

A Don Murphy/Tom DeSanto Production

A di Bonaventura Pictures Production

A Bay Films Production

"TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS"

DIRECTED BY: Steven Caple Jr.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCED BY: Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger, Brian Oliver, Bradley J. Fischer, Valerii An

PRODUCED BY: Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto & Don Murphy, Michael Bay, Mark Vahradian, Duncan Henderson

BASED ON: Hasbro's Transformers™ Action Figures

STARRING: Anthony Ramos, Dominique Fishback

*CREDITS ARE NOT FINAL AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

Click below to follow us on social!

https://twitter.com/transformers?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
#TRANSFORMERS

Credit(s): Paramount

Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107982)
Posted by Seibertron on June 22nd, 2021 @ 3:20pm CDT

Earlier today, Paramount held a virtual event for the upcoming Transformers 7 film. They revealed the title as Transformers: RISE OF THE BEASTS during the event and via this press release. Attending the virtual event were Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Producer), Steven Caple, Jr (Director), actors Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback along with moderator Anthony Brenzican (from Vanity Fair). Here are my notes from today's exciting TRANSFORMERS Production Kickoff Virtual Event Confirmation with Paramount:

Transformers 7 Production kick-off event

Director: Steven Caple, Jr
Moderator: Anthony Brenzican
Producer: Lorenzo di Bonaventura

• Caple talked Beast Wars.
  • Title of next movie is Transformers Rise of the Beasts
  • Prehistoric, Predacons
  • Moderator mentioned Maximals, Predacons and "Terrorcons"? Not sure if he misspoke on Terrorcons.
  • Lorenzo talked about finding a new set of priorities with this direction.
  • Going to see new villains and Autobots we've never seen before.
  • Mentioned that Transformers has a lot of "tribes" and this movie is going to bring a lot of these "tribes" together.
  • Director mentioned Terrorcons again, so apparently not a mistake earlier. Terrorcons will disrupt the movie.
  • Difference between Predacons and Terrorcons. Predacons are more reptillian. Building a backstory to Predacons.
  • Predacons are the natural enemy of the Maximals.
  • Terrorcons are in opposition to the Autobots.
  • There will be some Decepticons in the movie.
  • 5 factions mentioned so far.
  • Terrorcons will threaten everyone.
  • Rise of the Beast time period will place around 1994.
  • Sounds like it will still be in the Bayverse. Intentionally setting it in 90s so that it doesn't cut into time period of Bay films.
  • 90s are rich in texture, mentioned music, and energy from the 90s. Director used the word "grit" to describe this era.
  • Drawing some inspiration from popular 90s films.
  • Will be a journey!
  • Lorenzo discussed how they are privileged to be part of this franchise. Access point are the human characters to get access to the Transformers characters.

Locations discussed:
  • New York City (Brooklyn) ... travel through New York, but Brooklyn is main area.
  • Peru, jungle, Monchu Pichu (sp?), beautiful landscapes, beautiful people. Incan traditions and how it impacts storyline.

Characters in Transformers Rise of the Beasts

Transformers characters discussed:
  • Main robot character ... is Optimus Prime, has a much more G1 flair. Cleaner look. Steven: "We are going G1 with Optimus Prime". Bringing the story back to see how (why?) Optimus Prime becomes the leader that we know. He's "new" to Earth. This film is forming why he wants to protect humans. Peter Cullen is returning as Optimus Prime.
  • Bumblebee as a Classic Z28 Camaro, but with an offroad kit on it. Literally called it Offroad Bumblebee.
  • Another Autobot ally ... Mirage is a silver Porsche 911 with blue detailing. Why not Jazz??? Rebel of the group. Anti-authority character. Lorenzo said Mirage has always been able to transform into other vehicles. Not sure what he was talking about? Mirage takes a prominence that is significant to the movie.
  • Arcee is 4th Autobot mentioned. Loyal soldier to Prime. Voice of reason. She transformers into a Motorcycle. Dakatti 916?
  • Another female Transformer is Nightbird. Vehicle form reminds me of Cybertron Runamuck. Transforms into a GTR. Still a ninja. Looks really cool. She's a Terrorcon. Lorenzo stated that she has had flexible allegiances in the past?
  • Different villain than Megatron. Big bad this time around is Scourge (but a different version than we've seen before). Leader of the Terrorcons. Looks like it might have a truck form or something. Large crane claw on left hand. Smokestacks behind shoulders with black smoke coming out of them. Sounds like a bounty hunter of sorts. Loves to collect Autobots and Maximals and tears off their faction symbols and wears them. Character design art by "Del Rio".
  • Beast Wars characters: Airazor. She's the heart of the Maximals. Rustic in design. Aged texture. Looks a bit rusty. Realistic mechanical beasts. Kind of gives me a Beast Machines vibe.
  • Rhinox is here as well. Looks like Headstrong. Likes to ram things. "Wants to use that horn!"
  • Optimus Primal as a gorilla. Has a traditional Maximal symbol on his chest. Not sure if that's final or not. Has hair on back of forearms and back of shoulders.

Human characters discussed:
  • Actors brought into conversation: Anothony Ramos and Dominique Fishback.
  • Dominique's character: playing Elena, works at a museum, trying to get a leg up in life, boss keeps taking credit for work she does. Intelligent person. Artifact researcher. Sophisticated thinker. New Yorker. If I recall correctly, she mentioned that she got into Transformers because of Shia and the first Michael Bay Transformers film.
  • Anothy's character: Noah, is from Brooklyn. Sort of like a father figure to his brother. All about taking care of home and family. Ex-military. Trying to find his way after came back home. Lower income. Hustling. Amazing with electronics. Anything electronic can fix. One thing he loves about Noah is his tenacity, heart, and will to never quit. Amazing to see his journey as humans meet Transformers in film. Anthony said Beast Wars was his Transformers.

Recap of characters discussed during today's event:
  • Anthony Ramos as "Noah"
  • Dominique Fishback as "Elena"
  • Optimus Prime
  • Bumblebee
  • Arcee
  • Mirage
  • Nightbird
  • Scourge
  • Airazor
  • Rhinox
  • Optimus Primal

Questions from the audience:

Are there practical elements to the film? Practical versus digital elements. Lorenzo says most of these movies are practical with digital effects enhancing the practical. The more you create "real", the more real the CG effects look. Steven: Cheat code for visual is partly the locations / scenery.

Daniel Cribb: What was some of main concerns coming into the legacy of Transformers?
Steven: balancing out what has come before and what he's going to bring to the table. Making sure people are feeling something new / fresh to the table. Something honest. Finding a relatability, a way to connect. Listens, close ear to the ground to hear what people are saying.

Rise of the Beasts will be more of a larger spectacle and not a smaller initimate film like Bumblebee.

Will there be rap music involved in the film? You will feel '94. Hip hop culture. You will feel Brooklyn. Will have a great soundtrack.

Who is your favorite Transformer and why?

Lorenzo: evolved over time. Ironhide originally because his son's favorite character. Bumblebee has been his favorite.

Steven: you haven't met his favorite character yet because it's in Rise of the Beasts. Loves Prime. Ironhide is a cool character. Of course 'Bee. Gonna be some dope characters he's going to introduce in this film.
Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107983)
Posted by TulioDude on June 22nd, 2021 @ 3:23pm CDT
Nice!

Seeing Beast Wars characters in live action will be cool.

Glad to see synopsis match the title.

Edit:Peter Cullen is back?HYPE :BOWDOWN:

Looks Arcee will Transformers Prime inspired.Awesome.
Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107985)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2021 @ 3:31pm CDT
Between this, Shattered Glass Goldbug, the new Sea of Thieves update released this morning, and me prepping for deployment to Korea, today’s been one helluva Tuesday. Please don’t be an incoherent mess, that’s all I ask… :PRAY:
Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107986)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 22nd, 2021 @ 3:35pm CDT
This is very interesting news. Part of me loves the idea of all the factions. I'll give it a watch.

Though I guess this means the return of the bayverse vs reboot arguments -_-
Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107992)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 22nd, 2021 @ 3:49pm CDT
Could be neat, Bee’s new Camaro mode sounds cool!

In regards to connections to the Bayverse, I’m guessing this will be like Bumblebee in that it does it’s own thing story-wise but pulls a few things from the Bayverse.
Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107993)
Posted by Brutal brawl on June 22nd, 2021 @ 3:56pm CDT
Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107996)
Posted by Autobot N on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:00pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
  • Welp, there goes my excitement for this movie
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107997)
    Posted by TulioDude on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:03pm CDT
    Brutal brawl wrote:Im wonderong by scourge are they reffering to the original nemesis prime scourge, i mean he was a truck after all :michaelbay:

This having Beast in the title,make me believe he will also have Cybertron Scourge elements
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107998)
    Posted by blackeyedprime on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:18pm CDT
    Sounds bad, good luck on the bad guy wearing maximal insignias that hes torn off when they aren't physical hahaha
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2107999)
    Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:21pm CDT
    While interesting, I still feel less then enthusiastic. This feels like it will have too many robots to tell a good story about the robots themselves, which means it will once again be a transformers movie not actually about the transformers and just story about goofy people caught in a robot apocalypse. The Bumblebee movie wasn't perfect, but it was a huge step in the right direction for telling a good Transformers story about the Transformers. I am not saying to cut the humans out of the story. In fact, you really can't, as they serve as an audience proxy as well as establishing scale.

Still, I want to believe in the movie franchise, and I want to have hope that it will be a fun ride. Fingers crossed!
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108000)
    Posted by o.supreme on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:22pm CDT

I'm glad they confirmed it's a sequel to BB, and in a different continuity to films 1-5. Also 1994... was quite a nostalgic year for me. It was when I graduated High School. (yes I'm old). It will be interesting to see how they interpret the time period. Also it would have been a neat little not to set in 1996, when BW officially came out, but it's ok. Yes I was 20 years old watching BW, giving it a chance (I had my doubts but never hated on it). I watched the early premiere in Spring, and when S1 fully rolled out in the fall, I woke up super early each Monday Tuesday (and sometimes Wednesday) to record it. From the time I saw the Starscream cameo in episode 3 I knew there was hope, and the show didn't disappoint.
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108001)
    Posted by Jumpstart1083 on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:29pm CDT
    Hrm… I don’t want to sound like a negative jerk but I have a terrible feeling about this already.

Reading through that post, it seems the same group of people ignoring source material, doing whatever they want to, and then at the same time ironically tying to “please” every type of fan all at once at the same time as they try to please themselves too by making up their own characters and then just working with/trying to clunkily tie all these characters together…..

Honestly, it sounds overly complicated/convoluted already and like it’s going to be a huge mess. Really hope I’m wrong. The good news is that I’m wrong all the time, so fingers crossed!
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108003)
    Posted by ZeroWolf on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:32pm CDT
    o.supreme wrote:The concept overall sounds interesting. It is odd for me to still see some people (on other sites) up in arms about the use of character names. I mean name slapping has occurred since the first film, and I didn't expect it to change here.

Urm they didn't say it was set in a different continuity...
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108004)
    Posted by megamanfan on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:38pm CDT
    i will reserve judgment until i see who's writing it.
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108005)
    Posted by Autobot_Benz on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:42pm CDT
    Not a fan of that Rhinox description . Rhinox is the Computer expert/medic of the Maximals come on guys its not that hard. the only brute force Rhinox liked using was his chain guns of doom.
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108006)
    Posted by ZeroWolf on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:46pm CDT
    megamanfan wrote:i will reserve judgment until i see who's writing it.

Joby Harold
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108007)
    Posted by Munkky on June 22nd, 2021 @ 4:57pm CDT
    This probably would've been really exciting news that would've got me super-hyped..........ten years ago. But just reading through all of the confirmed information here, it just sounds like Rise of the Beasts is throwing any old shit at the wall to see what sticks. G1 Optimus, Beast Wars, Prime-inspired Predacons, RID 2001-sounding Scourge as a Lockdown knock-off, Nightbird....it sounds like something I would've written as fan fiction when I was a teenager. I'll wait for trailers and reviews and such before I decide whether or not to see it, but so far I'm not completely sold.
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108008)
    Posted by First Gen on June 22nd, 2021 @ 5:11pm CDT
    Ok, I'm back.
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108009)
    Posted by Autobot N on June 22nd, 2021 @ 5:15pm CDT
    I will say that Scourge seems awesome. Cross between Cybertron and RiD Scourge and BH Predaking with a flaming goatee? Sign me up for his Studio Series figure
    Re: Next Transformers film is called Transformers: Rise of The Beasts (2108010)
    Posted by LinaNui on June 22nd, 2021 @ 5:33pm CDT
    So far from what I've read, I really am only interested in the Terrorcon faction. And my goodness Scourge sounds so badass, none of the others caught my attention but he sure did. I would Love a leader class figure of him with some smoke effects. It seems they were shown concept art, has that leaked/been shown to the public?

I think the big thing that will be dragging the movie down for me, is the human characters and that it is supposed to be a heist. Like why do they have to do a heist, they are giant alien robots they can walk up and take whatever it is. The human characters, based off the descriptions, are going to be boring and unoriginal cleishas.

Hopefully the movie can surprise me, but I currently only have 1 expectation of anything good, and that is Scourge.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
    Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #281 - Netflix Kingdom Reviewed
    "Netflix Kingdom Reviewed"
    Posted: Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock" on EBAY
    Buy "Sandstorm Voyager Generations 2013 MISB Transformers Hasbro WRECKERS IDW" on EBAY
    Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class WASPINATOR Brand New MOC" on EBAY
    Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Voyager Soundblaster/tapes" on EBAY
    Buy "Transformers Go G21 Judora Takara Tomy" on EBAY