Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's!

Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's!

Tuesday, August 28th, 2007 3:22pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Auctions, Knock Offs
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 51,013

Apparently the newly released Nike "Shoe-formers" have already ended up at a Chinese knockoff factory and are being produced in some "interesting" colors.

To see some pictures of these new KO's, and the Ebay auction to buy them, click here.

Credit(s): Scaleface

This article was last modified on Friday, November 23rd, 2007 12:38am CST

Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311266)
Posted by Decatron on August 28th, 2007 @ 3:23pm CDT
That was quick wasn't it?
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311290)
Posted by Ratchet1995 on August 28th, 2007 @ 3:33pm CDT
RX-93 v Gundam wrote:That was quick wasn't it?

Very !!
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311291)
Posted by ZenPrime on August 28th, 2007 @ 3:34pm CDT
With the prices for the originals soaring to ridiculous heights, I might just consider these....
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311296)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 28th, 2007 @ 3:36pm CDT
RX-93 v Gundam wrote:That was quick wasn't it?

No faster than any other Nike product...

Is it just me or does the one on the right look like Star Sabre?
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311319)
Posted by Flashwave on August 28th, 2007 @ 3:48pm CDT
And they have the heart ot clall those original Prime and Megatron???
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311325)
Posted by Anonymous on August 28th, 2007 @ 3:54pm CDT
Both have a Prime head... Fugly to say the least. He has some other interesting auctions though... KO Rebirth Megatron/Reverse Convoy, Classics Megatron with lights and sounds, G1 Shockwave...
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311343)
Posted by Talon523 on August 28th, 2007 @ 4:00pm CDT
I have yet to see a worthwhile KO. I did hear good things about the accurate cassette KO's though. Those are probably the only KOs I'd get.
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311380)
Posted by Scaleface on August 28th, 2007 @ 4:21pm CDT
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311385)
Posted by First Gen on August 28th, 2007 @ 4:27pm CDT
Man I love knockoffs, if you break em you dont feel bad and they look pretty close to the originals. I got a KO Optimal Optimus from Big Lots and love it. I hope he gets more of these cuz I'd get them.
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311395)
Posted by Volrath2242 on August 28th, 2007 @ 4:30pm CDT
Is it? Well yes it's my buddy Chad in that sig pic. to bad about the knockoffs

Fender Bender wrote:A new auction has come to our attention, thanks to Seibertron.com member Scaleface.

Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311423)
Posted by magnusupreme on August 28th, 2007 @ 4:50pm CDT
those packages look like knockoffs
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311429)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on August 28th, 2007 @ 4:53pm CDT
wow, copied crap is going to be even crappier than the original crap.
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311449)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 28th, 2007 @ 5:02pm CDT
I'd get a KO of these if they where made well. I like these but they are just to pricey for me.
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311477)
Posted by waaaaghlord on August 28th, 2007 @ 5:21pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:I liked the idea of the enlarged Classic Astrotrain knockoff. He should be Voyager size.

I got one a while ago. Here's some comparison pics with a Classics Seeker.

Train mode doesnn't work very well with the front end of the train hovering above the ground. There's a bit less sculpted detail in a couple of places, notably flat areas where there are train mode wheels on the original. The ball joints in the shoulders are quite floppy straight from the blister, but a layer of superglue or clear nail polish sorts that right out. Single biggest problem is the lack of articulation in the legs. That's the main reason that I'm holding off on repainting him until I can grab a proper Classics Astrotrain and get a good look at how the articulation is included on the sliding leg section. If I can copy the design on this oversized one it will improve him immensely.

Relatively solid build overall, good size for the character and will really look the part once those horrible paint aps are replaced with some nice dark G1 toon colours. Flaws there certainly, but I really like him.
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311479)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on August 28th, 2007 @ 5:23pm CDT
Even though I still think the shoeformers are the worst TF idea ever, I MIGHT get these KO's if I see them at a decent price at a flea market, and then only so I can take funny pictures :grin:
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311505)
Posted by Mkall on August 28th, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT
I blame Adidas :P
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311516)
Posted by Talous on August 28th, 2007 @ 5:49pm CDT
There isn't any way I can look at this story and be surprised. Were lucky the KO figures didn't beat the real toys out into the market.
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311518)
Posted by Zeds on August 28th, 2007 @ 5:50pm CDT
All I am left with to ask is WHY?
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311556)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 28th, 2007 @ 6:18pm CDT
Nice to know that If I get desperate after not being able to nab one of the Takara upcoming repaints, then I can nab a KO version instead.
Re: Nike Shoe-formers already being made as KO's! (311612)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 28th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
I want 'em, although they look more like Reeboks..:)

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Mega 3-Step Changer Action Figure Hasbro 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise Rid Mega Optimus Prime Autobot" on EBAY