Transformers News: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 6:30PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 36,897

Official and non-photoshopped images of the Power Core Combiners 2-Packs Wave 3 have showed up at Entertainment Earth. These pictures give us a better look at the paint jobs of these figures than before. This wave is composed of all repaints. Windburn comes with Darkray, where Windburn is a repaint of PCC Searchlight, and Darkray is a repaint of PCC Caliburst. This figure is a clear homage to Gobots Twin Spin! The second set from this wave is Steelshot with Beacon, where Steelshot is a repaint of PCC Bombshock, and Beacon is a repaint of PCC Backwind. The last and certainly not least set is Darkstream that comes with Razorbeam. Darkstream is a repaint of PCC Skyburst, and Razorbeam is a repaint of PCC Chopster. Check out the listing below!

Power Core Combiners Wave 3 2-Packs
For years, Autobots and Decepticons have fought one another with neither gaining an edge over the other. Today, Power Core Combiners give these warriors new strenth! Each robot can combine with drone limbs (sold separately) to make new, large, and fearsome robots in disguise! Case of 6 individually packaged Power Core Combiners includes:
2x Steelshot with Beacon
2x Windburn with Darkray
2x Darkstream with Razorbeam

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Entertainment Earth

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1099794)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 18th, 2010 @ 6:52pm CDT
Gold propellors? And the minicon attached to Steelshot in alt mode looks ridiculous. Superman?
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1099807)
Posted by PrimeGestalt on July 18th, 2010 @ 7:07pm CDT
So Beacon goes from translucent burgundy to opaque crayon red. That...ew...and what's with getting rid of the metallic sheen on Darkstream? The only benefit to that is that he looks even more of a homage to Starscream than before! Now he's gone the way of Double Clutch - no shinies!

Nonetheless, I should definitely be looking for these in a months' time. For now though, I just received wind (again, ew) that wave 2 of PCCs is now out in Kmart stores! I'll definitely at least be looking into lay-bying them tomorrow, you can be sure of that!

Bring us pictures of Wave 4 please Hasbro!
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1099873)
Posted by Mkall on July 18th, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1099874)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
Wasn't Darkray orange, and Beacon like a clear camouflage tan? :???: #-o
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1099948)
Posted by Tirade on July 19th, 2010 @ 12:14am CDT
Mkall wrote:I still am not trusting these images 100%. I'll wait for the toy images to surface

Agreed. Something is screwy here. Until the toys actually surface, I'm going to trust that the Wave 3 guys are colored according to the first picture reveal. Besides, I like that translucent brown for Backwind's repaint for than the solid red.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1099956)
Posted by Craven Knight on July 19th, 2010 @ 12:38am CDT
Steelshot was the only one I was wanting, in the 'shopped images from earlier he looked great, but here he's very dull. *sigh*

I am really wanting to see actual toy images of the Crankcase with Destrons set, that's likely the only set I'll get (it looks amazing in the Hasbro image).
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1100350)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on July 19th, 2010 @ 5:52pm CDT
Ia anyone else getting an "Orion" from DC comics vibe with Windburn? I mean it's not a lot of red, but most of the colors do match. In addition, the way the head is painted matches Orion's helmet, especially with the chin. Also, all that gold represents his motherbox fairly well too. I think I may pick him up just for that alone, and repaint the mini-con a matching gold.

Darkstream... I'm not seeing that G1 Starscream connection at all, unless you're talking about Armada Starsream, but there's still not enough red. If anything I think the scheme feels more so like a Skyjack/Thrust homage to me despite all the grey.

Steelshot is cool enough, but I would've like it if the mini-con had some greyish tan paint on him.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1101824)
Posted by REGIFISHY on July 22nd, 2010 @ 5:20pm CDT
:SICK: Ugh, really bad repaints already? The first 2 waves are awesome looking, these are just bland and boring. If wave 4 is like this I'm afraid :BOOM:
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1101833)
Posted by PrimeGestalt on July 22nd, 2010 @ 5:55pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1119491)
Posted by noodles2go on August 30th, 2010 @ 10:43pm CDT
PrimeGestalt wrote:I saw a news article last night featuring photos of the latest and upcoming TF toys, and a few of the photos had Stakeout with Protectobots, Crankcase with Destrons (which are actually a variety of colours, not all-black like I first thought) and Steelshot with Beacon. It seems as though the above image of the twin-pack sets is inaccurate as Steelshot has the originally-revealed gold-orange accents rather than the above image's tan, and his Mini-Con is in fact transparent khaki rather than opaque crayon-red, meaning that Beacon is no longer ugly. I also caught a glimpse of Darkstream, and he does in fact have a silver finish rather than the above image's non-shiny, ugly-looking grey. If it turns out that Darkray is in fact transparent orange instead of forest green, then it may be assumed that the above image is in fact either photoshopped or just plain fake. I like the fact that Steelshot is still a golden ray of sunshine rather than the covered-in-plaque look of the above image!

I believe this is the video you saw. If this is the final product, I'm all in for these repaints. Beacon needs to be the transparent yellow, or I'll be sorely dissapointed. The protectobots are probably the least attractive combined, but I do like the way Stake out looks individually.

Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1119504)
Posted by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE on August 30th, 2010 @ 11:53pm CDT
Ugh...so they sold me on wave 1 of these and I was looking forward to them.

When I got them I hated them.

I can't believe were getting not one but 3 waves of repaints on these guys.

I'm starting to rethink why I keep buying Transformers at this stage.
Re: Official Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Two-Packs - Steelshot, Windburn and Darkstream (1119507)
Posted by PrimeGestalt on August 30th, 2010 @ 11:57pm CDT
You mean there are more waves coming?! :shock:
Why did nobody inform me of this?! I AM THE ULTIMATE COMBINER COLLECTOR!! You think I'd at least have a heads-up about it, don't you?

Hooray, the PCC series is continuing! Energon cubes, energon cubes for everyone! :APPLAUSE:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Cliff Jumper Deception Brawl Dirt Boss" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE CLASS MEGATRON CYBERTRONIAN SEALED 2010" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers DOTM Mudflap Mechtech Level 2 Intermediate Dark of Moon Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots 10, 2 Of Salvage, Chase, Boulder, Heatwave, & Hightide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot leader optimus jetfire wheeljack DOTM ROTF Movie prime megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AXOR Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Class Sealed New in Package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Elita-1 Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Class Sealed New in Package" on EBAY