Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen

Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen

Friday, November 14th, 2008 3:31pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 17,808

We have just received official high resolution images of the upcoming Transformers Universe Classics series deluxe class Smokescreen, courtesy of Hunter PR.

Universe Smokescreen just like his ancestor shares a mold with Transformers Universe classics series Prowl.

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Stay tunned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news.

Credit(s): Hunter PR

This article was last modified on Friday, November 14th, 2008 3:44pm CST

Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834075)
Posted by TankedThomas on November 14th, 2008 @ 3:37pm CST
This is pretty poor compared to the slightly better (and shinier) looks of the promo shots. The acid blasters are grey again and some of the colours don't mix. There better be a Henkei version because as much as I want this, nothing usually screams decent unless it's Henkei, never mind the doubled price.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834076)
Posted by Cascadia on November 14th, 2008 @ 3:37pm CST
There is a good chance that he will have similar problems as the other two Nissans. There are definitely things that I would love to fix on him such as the gun's color, missile launchers' color (from gray to white and silver), the tail-lights (I have some red translucent paint) and see if I can add more blue to the doors and make the white smaller. In terms of a Henkei version, I have not heard about one yet.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834077)
Posted by Editor on November 14th, 2008 @ 3:37pm CST
The blue spoiler looks awful in both modes. I almost wish they had gone for his Alternator paint instead. Hope the Henkei looks better.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834090)
Posted by YRQRM0 on November 14th, 2008 @ 3:53pm CST
Hmm I might buy him
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834093)
Posted by Agent 007 on November 14th, 2008 @ 4:17pm CST
yeah, I'll prolly pass on this one.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834103)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on November 14th, 2008 @ 4:28pm CST
He's all mine! I just wish the white stripe was thinner. His arms could also have been more G1 accurate, but thats a minor complaint. Can't wait to see what changes are made to the Henkei version.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834110)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on November 14th, 2008 @ 4:38pm CST
And they couldn't do this with the Seeker mold because?
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834113)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 14th, 2008 @ 4:39pm CST
Boring paint... too bad too.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834121)
Posted by Swiftpaw on November 14th, 2008 @ 4:56pm CST
And -AGAIN- they call his shoulder launchers by the name of what's suppose to be his handgun. For crissakes Hasbro, tell your package designers to get their facts straight already.

The white stripe could be a little smaller, the gun needs a repaint in black or something, but he looks okay. I like Silverstreak/Bluestreak's deco better, but I'll probably pick up Smokey here for the sake of completeness.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834125)
Posted by Zeds on November 14th, 2008 @ 5:09pm CST
Sorry. I think that I will stay with the Encore line.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834127)
Posted by TankedThomas on November 14th, 2008 @ 5:15pm CST
Actually, I think the blue is too bright and the back window is a bad colour.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834152)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on November 14th, 2008 @ 5:59pm CST
The yellow on the spoiler and tail lights is too much for what I would've liked,
but I still like him and am excited to get him.

I am anxious to see what Henkei can deliver.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834180)
Posted by DMSL on November 14th, 2008 @ 6:58pm CST
Looks fantastic, apart from the bright yellow on the legs and the lame gun, should just be black.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834191)
Posted by Stormrider on November 14th, 2008 @ 7:25pm CST
Is the paintscheme for the robot mode anime or G1 accurate? His robot mode seem to be rainbow bright.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834249)
Posted by Delicon on November 14th, 2008 @ 8:34pm CST
I'll have to see him up close to be sure, but this looks like a definite must-have for me.

Then again, SMokescreen was always my favorite use of the original mold.

So much that I bought a Cybertron one just for the next closest thing.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834253)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 14th, 2008 @ 8:49pm CST
Another repaint. Didnt hasbro say that they would change the head or some part of the figure so its not s 100% repaint? I already have Prowl and Bluestreak so i dont think ill be picking this one up. If i do decide to cave and get it ill just have to keep it in the box since i have no other use for it.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834298)
Posted by Sledge on November 14th, 2008 @ 10:23pm CST
SQUEE!!! He will be mine. Oh yes, he will be mine. The haters can kiss my white arse. Smokescreen gives me happy joy joy feelings. G1 Autobots with articulation, and they're even repainting the right molds into other characters. Yeah, I'm glaring at YOU, Alternators/Binaltech line.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834305)
Posted by Archatron on November 14th, 2008 @ 10:28pm CST
This is one fo the TF's I vividly remember as a kid, a definite purchase. Just wish the numbers weren't so generic looking in that white box on his door. :-(
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834307)
Posted by Firebird on November 14th, 2008 @ 10:30pm CST
I will be buying Smokescreen as soon as I see him on shelves.

I really like the 350Z mold, even with it's sticky paint issues.
Re: Official images of TFU 2.0 Smokescreen (834332)
Posted by deaculpa on November 14th, 2008 @ 11:19pm CST
do you guys just rip everything you see off tfw2005.com? or is it the other way around? just curious.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG15 Night Bird shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY