Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking

Transformers News: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking

Friday, May 18th, 2018 3:58PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,296

We have a brief update for the divisively anticipated new Titan class figure in the Transformers: Power of the Primes toyline, in the form of the newest rendition of the Predacon team and their combined form, the mighty Predaking - thanks to Canadian online retailer Northmen Collectibles, we have a pre-order with some new stock photography for the savage gestalt, contradicting previous news reports about a September 2018 release.

October 2018 appears to be the new date, though that may not be the case for all releases of the set, and the current price listed is $229 CAD (approx 178 USD at the time of writing). Check out the description and images below, and join the discussion!

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES PREDAKING (PRE-ORDER)

The Autobots and Decepticons use Prime Masters to wield the incredible powers of the legendary bots who shaped the universe: the Primes. Anything is possible and everything is at stake when the Power of the Primes is unleashed! This Titan Class Predaking figure is the largest in the Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes lineup. This all-in-one Predaking Combiner set includes 5 Voyager Class Predacon figures: Divebomb, Headstrong, Rampage, Razorclaw, and Torox. The 7-inch scale figures convert from robot to beast and combine to form a menacing Predaking figure! The Predaking Combiner stands 18 inches tall. Insert the special edition Onyx Prime Prime Master figure into the included Onyx Matrix accessory and imagine Predaking wields power beyond imagination. Combined robot stands 18-inches tall. Includes 5 Voyager Class Predacon figures, Onyx Matrix accessory, poster, and instructions.

Credit(s): Northmen Collectibles
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960265)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 18th, 2018 @ 4:54pm CDT
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960267)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 18th, 2018 @ 5:00pm CDT
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960269)
Posted by Randomhero on May 18th, 2018 @ 5:23pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Is that main combined form picture mistransformed or does it genuinely look that weird?

Well all it takes is looking at it. The wings are folded down in predatking mode and not in divebombs condor mode. So no obviously the wings always stay in. The arms seem short but the individual robot legs which are the elbows seem longer so again the arms are naturally short.

Seriously you can’t figure out its mistransformed. Someone need to tell you even with photos in front of you.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960272)
Posted by MagicDeath on May 18th, 2018 @ 5:30pm CDT

I believe it is mistransformed.

Or just posed badly.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960276)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 5:40pm CDT
Yeah it's mistransformed, but it's looks are one of those marmite things (you either love it or you don't) I have a growing urge to want to play with it but I just can't justify the price.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960277)
Posted by Rated X on May 18th, 2018 @ 5:40pm CDT
This is hands down the worst rendition of Predaking to this date. Just like Hasbrostator, this guy is getting skipped for being oversized and underwhelming. As long as I get the other 3 Terrorcons and Firestar im good with POTP. If I find the monkey or the elusive pretenders even better but nothing to die for. Im ready for WFC trilogy. Bring us some autobot targetmasters and a scorponok please.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960286)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 7:06pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Take it easy.
Brand new figure, with a reputation of strange proportions and design choices, with actually very few images out there of it. Not everybody knows how he's supposed to look.
Stop antagonizing.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960293)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 18th, 2018 @ 8:10pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Despite it's flaws, I'll be buying that Predaking for sure. However, should I wait for a sale or not? Because for the Citybots, everyone who waited won big time. But for Devastator, the early bird got the worm. So where will PotP Predaking stand? :-?

im right there with you on that one
there will be sales for sure like HTS or entertainment earth which is where i got Fort Max for 75$
i went ahead and got the unite warriors devastator with the perfect combiner addon i can say money well spent ;)^
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960305)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2018 @ 10:01pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:

im right there with you on that one

I too went for UW Devastator, I dont regret it one bit either. I vote with my wallet and Takara went the extra mile for him (plus the price was the same as Hasbro so why not). But with this guy, I will definitely not be buying at full price. If me saving money on this Predaking means no more poorly done Titan Class figures coming out, then so be it.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960306)
Posted by Flashwave on May 18th, 2018 @ 10:02pm CDT

Well, there is a rumor, albeit one that pops up pretty frequently, that Predaking is going to be watched by Hasbro.This rumor postulates that Fort Max and Trypticon did not sell out like Metroplex and Devy did (although I have never seen hard $$ numbers), an Hasbro may have saturated their market of "Big Figures". If he sells, proving there is still room in the market for more Titan figures, then they'll keep going, but if Preds sits until Blowout Prices then we may not be getting any more for a while.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960310)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 18th, 2018 @ 10:20pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:

Well, Fort Max was just a weak figure. Everyone saw it and decided to wait for a sale. Heck, Hasbro themselves didn't put a full budget into it. What did they expect?

As for Trypy, I think a few people were put off by the QC issues but I might be wrong on that.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960322)
Posted by Qwan on May 18th, 2018 @ 10:43pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:

im right there with you on that one

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. If my buying Predaking at full-price solely to support the continuation of the Titan class means that we'll get more Titans of Predaking's caliber, I don't need those to exist anyway to be honest.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960331)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 18th, 2018 @ 11:49pm CDT
Qwan wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:

im right there with you on that one

Maybe this predaking is a test for us fans to see how much we actually care and if we don't care enough no more titan class :-?
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960333)
Posted by Qwan on May 19th, 2018 @ 12:12am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:
Qwan wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I don't think Predaking would have the express purpose of being a test, but it's possible(?) that Hasbro will watch his sales carefully and if he does really bad they might pull the plug on Titans. (Though, to be fair, every single Titan so far has had that rumor surrounding them, and it hasn't been true yet.) If it is the case though, then there are only two options consumers can vote for with their wallets - no more Titans, or a continuation of the Titan class with more figures on par with Predaking. And if those are the choices, I guess I really don't care enough to want the Titan class to continue...

Man, I don't wanna be a downer! I'm really looking forward to a potential Omega Supreme in the coming years, and I like the Titan class as a concept. I adore UW Devastator, Trypticon is pretty great, and Fort Max isn't that bad either! I'm just not a big fan of this Predaking at all, so I just end up sounding unenthusiastic about the whole concept :(
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960352)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 19th, 2018 @ 5:12am CDT
If they stop titan class though they may just stick all future big figures on the haslab instead.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960357)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2018 @ 6:29am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Take it easy.
Stop antagonizing.

Thanks. Yeah that was a bit rude of that guy. I could tell the wings weren't up properly but the general body proportions seemed so off but I couldn't tell if it was bad posing, mistransformation or the toy is just that wonky. A lil bit of all of those it would seem. An easy pass.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960379)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 19th, 2018 @ 10:34am CDT
Flashwave wrote:

Would that really be that big of a loss? I'd much rather see the Titan Class go away and mo ey put back into better smaller figures.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960380)
Posted by Black Hat on May 19th, 2018 @ 10:38am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

This. Titans, at their current size with the current budget, are disasters for the most part. Either keep the price and scale them down so they have more plastic and parts to work with, or keep them the same size but put the price/budget up.

I miss old Supreme toys.
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960392)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 19th, 2018 @ 12:16pm CDT
I still think this Predaking looks great, and it's a definite upgrade from the G1 original. I like it so much, I'm going to buy TWO! (Though, I always double up on my combiners anyway. ;) )
Re: Online Listing for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1960578)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 20th, 2018 @ 8:03pm CDT
Man, they really are pushing back his release date a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the previous Titans get released during the summer, like around July or August, and how this guy is due in October? There won't be enough time at this point to start putting him on massive Christmas sales.

And sadly with the Titan class, I must agree. Predaking looks to be the weakest of the 5, and that is saying something when you look at their effort with Fort Max. He is 5 voyagers for $150, maybe $175, he has a few small guns that combine to form an arm cannon in combined mode, and that's about it. And the individuals are quite weak too. I'm here hoping for a Titan Primus, Unicron, Omega, Tidal Wave, and maybe Scorponok, and I would be sad if they got this level of respect in the toyline.

Trypticon and Devastator were fantastic to me, I adore both. But here, I really wish they would have worked with him more before releasing him. It's just not that good, and I cannot justify even buying him this year.
Transformers products from AMAZON