Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 9:33AM CDT

Categories: Reviews, Site Articles
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 7,005

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Cyberverse line has been rather underwhelming for collectors by not providing any class that is not gimmick ridden or simplified. The Bumblebee movie line at least had some character designs show up in the Studio Series line but the awesome designs from Cyberverse do not have an equivalent. However, the Spark Armor battle class toys do offer something more familiar. While there is a gimmick involved, it is armoring up the bots via 5 mm ports, same as the COMBAT gimmick in the Siege line and like Siege that means the transformations and proportions are not affected by the gimmick (unlike the rest of Cyberverse). The battle class toys are slightly taller than legends class toys, as you will see in the images below. So it offers a cheap alternative if you want bots in this scale. That still begs the question though, are these toys any good? Well let’s take a look at Transformers Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

I will start by saying that at least this toy looks better than the warrior class which has a very out of proportion chest. However, aside from getting a G1 styled prowl in pseudo legends class, there isn’t much to love here. The articulation is much more limited than Skybytes since the knees are more for transformation than for posing and the arms don’t have a bicep curl due to them being on a hinge rather than a ball joint. At least I have no issues with the plastic used, as I did with Skybyte.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

I prefer his little drone buddy over Skybyte’s. It makes for better armour since the sleek cybertronian ship offers the armour a better look and added weaponry for the arms. The helmet you get out of it is fun for Prowl. Also, the armour has some poseable shoulder cannons, giving homage to the classic Datsun staple.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

The armour is interchangeable with the other smaller bots since it’s just 5mm based. Here is a mash up with Skybyte’s armour.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

The Transformation to police car is one we have seen countless times. It’s basically the same we got for the Cyberbattalion Prowl. It doesn’t feel as simple in this size class though, but it feels as unimaginative. It’s hard to get excited from another police car alt mode though I must add the sad note that there is black plastic that clashes with the white. It’s the same problem we have been seeing since the Dead End mold.

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

Transformers News: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spar Armor Battle Class Prowl

In the end, I find it too bad that the articulation is lacking here. It could have made up for the lackluster transformation. I do like the little armour partner buddy though, it works much better than Skybyte’s. Still, this is a very standard figure for Prowl that doesn’t add much to the character’s legacy apart from the armour.
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2025997)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on June 26th, 2019 @ 9:57am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:But it's not as good in reality as it looks in this picture.


eeesh, and that pic doesnt even look good

Not by default, no. But if you want to mod him so his legs fit completely under the trailer feel free to do so. But I can tell you right now you will have to remove the gimmick of the spring-loaded cannons.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026211)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 26th, 2019 @ 5:21pm CDT
I'm going to skip on Prowl but I'll definitely getting Skybite.

BTW, Will, are you getting Starscream and Jetfire?
Maybe not Starscream but Jetfire is really, really good and you shouldn't miss out.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026213)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2019 @ 5:29pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm going to skip on Prowl but I'll definitely getting Skybite.

BTW, Will, are you getting Starscream and Jetfire?
Maybe not Starscream but Jetfire is really, really good and you shouldn't miss out.

Yeah, but I will wait for a discount. $20 CAD is expensive. The RID Battlepacks were $15 and those toys were better.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026229)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 26th, 2019 @ 7:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm going to skip on Prowl but I'll definitely getting Skybite.

BTW, Will, are you getting Starscream and Jetfire?
Maybe not Starscream but Jetfire is really, really good and you shouldn't miss out.

Yeah, but I will wait for a discount. $20 CAD is expensive. The RID Battlepacks were $15 and those toys were better.



It depend. I didn't really liked the overkill of tiny parts. Still that Grimlock was pretty damn awesome. Also, first wave of the Armor guys. Chance for plenty of stocks with the sales that go with them are pretty high.

I'm still not waiting for Sky-Bite though. Having known I would have looked deeper in the shelves. I was in a hurry when I took Screamers and Jetfire.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026247)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 26th, 2019 @ 7:33pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm going to skip on Prowl but I'll definitely getting Skybite.

BTW, Will, are you getting Starscream and Jetfire?
Maybe not Starscream but Jetfire is really, really good and you shouldn't miss out.

Yeah, but I will wait for a discount. $20 CAD is expensive. The RID Battlepacks were $15 and those toys were better.



It depend. I didn't really liked the overkill of tiny parts. Still that Grimlock was pretty damn awesome. Also, first wave of the Armor guys. Chance for plenty of stocks with the sales that go with them are pretty high.

I'm still not waiting for Sky-Bite though. Having known I would have looked deeper in the shelves. I was in a hurry when I took Screamers and Jetfire.

The RiD battle packs were great, Grimlock and Sideswipe were both really enjoyable and I am glad to have both.

I may get Sky Byte, he looks pretty good
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026261)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 26th, 2019 @ 9:03pm CDT
I'm looking forward to all of these. I don't expect giant robots of war to do diving dog or other yoga poses and I've liked most of cyberverse.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026263)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2019 @ 9:11pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm looking forward to all of these. I don't expect giant robots of war to do diving dog or other yoga poses and I've liked most of cyberverse.

It's downward dog.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026266)
Posted by Stargrave on June 26th, 2019 @ 9:13pm CDT
Just finish it off with a DDP Yoga Diamond Cutter and no one will know you’re faking it...
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026315)
Posted by Emerje on June 27th, 2019 @ 5:39am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:Just finish it off with a DDP Yoga Diamond Cutter and no one will know you’re faking it...

Image

Emerje
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026339)
Posted by Stargrave on June 27th, 2019 @ 9:22am CDT
Emerje wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:Just finish it off with a DDP Yoga Diamond Cutter and no one will know you’re faking it...

Image

Emerje


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026348)
Posted by bacem on June 27th, 2019 @ 10:42am CDT
Got this from transfans facebook page. Really digging this, and he seems to have decent articulation too,,including neck swivel. Probably gonna use him as a filler on my chug shelf.

FB_IMG_1561649182927.jpg

FB_IMG_1561649195553.jpg

FB_IMG_1561649192551.jpg
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026350)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on June 27th, 2019 @ 10:47am CDT
bacem wrote:Got this from transfans facebook page. Really digging this, and he seems to have decent articulation too,,including neck swivel. Probably gonna use him as a filler on my chug shelf.

FB_IMG_1561649182927.jpg

FB_IMG_1561649195553.jpg

FB_IMG_1561649192551.jpg

He looks great. It's just a pity that his arms can't be hidden in the armor's ones.

Do we have a release date yet?
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026351)
Posted by Stargrave on June 27th, 2019 @ 10:48am CDT
I love the armor, don’t know if I love it on him, but man that Cheetor looks hella cool!
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026367)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 27th, 2019 @ 1:00pm CDT
Cheetor's armor makes me think of Burning Megatron
Image
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026421)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 27th, 2019 @ 6:26pm CDT
How big that Cheetor will be?
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026423)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 27th, 2019 @ 6:57pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:How big that Cheetor will be?
Just a smidge taller than your typical Legends class figure.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026424)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 27th, 2019 @ 7:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:How big that Cheetor will be?
Just a smidge taller than your typical Legends class figure.


Like the others you mean? I thought it would be deluxe or even voyager sized.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026426)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 27th, 2019 @ 7:04pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:How big that Cheetor will be?
Just a smidge taller than your typical Legends class figure.


Like the others you mean? I thought it would be deluxe or even voyager sized.
Is it not the same class as the other Spark Armor figures (sans the big Optimus that comes with the Ark)?

EDIT: I missed that it is indeed a bigger size class. Whoops. :oops:
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026427)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on June 27th, 2019 @ 7:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:How big that Cheetor will be?
Just a smidge taller than your typical Legends class figure.


Like the others you mean? I thought it would be deluxe or even voyager sized.
Is it not the same class as the other Spark Armor figures (sans the big Optimus that comes with the Ark)?

EDIT: I missed that it is indeed a bigger size class. Whoops. :oops:

According to TFWIKI.net:
Battle Class
In a similar size to previous Scout assortments, but with a full alternate mode and articulation, these figures possess small vehicles that split apart into armor.

Elite Class
Similar to Battle Class, but the Elite Class, with Warrior Class sized figures, is set apart by the armor being one single transformable unit, rather than separate pieces like Battle Class.

Ark Power
Ark Power Optimus is the size of a Leader Class figure, and has battle armor which can be assembled into a ship resembling the Ark.

But I've watched a video review of Ark Power Optimus Prime and he's way bigger than regular Leader class :bigmichaelbay:

EDIT:
And as Cheetor has the same Spark Armor as Bumblebee it's "pretty likely" that he's Elite class.
Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Prowl (2026433)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:01pm CDT
I'm looking forward to Cheetor, he looks really cool.

Also need to check out and see when the Scraplets are set to hit, I want to get a few of those

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
Twincast / Podcast #226:
"Fire in the Sky"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Reveal The Shield Voyager Solar Grapple NEW MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe - Jazz - New/Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Starscream Classics Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return FRACAS & SCOURGE Hasbro 5.5” Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe- Starscream -New/Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Kup Loose 100% Complete generations united" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Thundercracker LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars ARMADA MEGATRON LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY