Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed

Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed

Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 11:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 33,557

Thanks to several Seibertronians, we have news of potential further releases for the Netflix subline of War for Cybertron figures. From a thread on Google Groups, a Walmart employee by the screenname Zobovor was looking around in the computer and found listings for Deluxe figures from the Netflix line. These figures were listed at their own pricepoint and listing separate from regular Siege Deluxe figures. Take a look at the screenshot below.

Transformers News: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed

So it seems that Bumblebee might finally make an appearance in a current toyline, after not having a Generations figure since Titans Return in 2016. Not only that, but we may be getting a figure of Deep Cover, a character first released by Ehobby in the early 2000s as a G1 Sideswipe recolor in a Diaclone color scheme.

Transformers News: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed

Other possible figures include a Quintesson, Elita 1, Wheeljack, Red Alert, Barricade, and Impactor. As we don't have official confirmation of these figures, please take them with a grain of salt until we have news from Hasbro to share.

So what do you all make of these listings? Fo you think these figures will be new? Remolds? Recolors? Repaints? Feel free to speculate below, and stay tuned to Seibertron for all your Transformers news!

Credit(s): Zobovor on Google Groups

Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064316)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on May 13th, 2020 @ 11:34pm CDT
Hm... I kind of like Deep Cover's colors and think he could make a decent stand in for G2 Sideswipe if one doesn't want to get the Furestormers pack. Assuming of course that the new guy IS designed like that and not just a name reuse for a different character
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064317)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2020 @ 11:37pm CDT
That's not just Google Groups. That's alt.toys.transformers! ATT still lives!
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064320)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 13th, 2020 @ 11:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That's not just Google Groups. That alt.toys.transformers! ATT still lives!

Hey, the listing I clicked on took me to that post, and it was Google Groups. >:oP

I was out of collecting when the fandom was in its infancy on the 'Net, so that alt.toys.transformers doesn't have any nostalgia for me.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064321)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2020 @ 12:19am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

What I mean is, ATT still actively exists as a Google Group after all these years. That's incredible!
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064325)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on May 14th, 2020 @ 6:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:

Absolutely incredible to me that people still actively post on formerly-Usenet groups.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064331)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 14th, 2020 @ 8:27am CDT
Would be nice if deepcover is a new mold so that an earthrise sideswipe can be less of a block. I'd pick barricade up if he's a mirage repaint even tho I really dislike the alt mode.

Not keen on er wheeljack so I'm doubting I'll be wanting a netflix repaint. Looks like their is a lot more I'll be interested in on the second netflix wave. I can't see myself needing another impactor unless it's vastly different though I'd prefer a non idw head version other the one I have.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064334)
Posted by Skritz on May 14th, 2020 @ 9:17am CDT
If this is true: remember when I brought up Elita-1 and people went "Nawwww, not likely"? Also hell yeah Deep Cover, an E-Hobby era redeco.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064356)
Posted by ScottyP on May 14th, 2020 @ 12:29pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Not keen on er wheeljack so I'm doubting I'll be wanting a netflix repaint.
What if it isn't a repaint? There were rumors for so long about MTMTE Bumblebee and Wheeljack (for clarity, the Sunbow saucer and space van) for so long in the lead up to and during Siege, maybe they've landed here as exclusives?
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064358)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 14th, 2020 @ 12:45pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:

I'm doubting that with siege only having a few figures with full cybertronian modes and netflix series being just repaints so far. I'll be happy if a Green Grapple/ehobby hauler shows up in netflix or selects. Wondering what/if any cardboard background comes with wave 2 deluxes
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064361)
Posted by aronjlove on May 14th, 2020 @ 12:53pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Wondering what/if any cardboard background comes with wave 2 deluxes
According to TFwiki, there are 10 pieces that makeup Teletraan 1, one in each deluxe. Wave 1 of Netflix is only five deluxes: Chromia, Hound, Sideswipe, Scrapface, and Decepticon Mirage. I'm guessing the next five will be in wave 2.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064362)
Posted by Stargrave on May 14th, 2020 @ 12:54pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:

Well that’s ...genius. Oh I think I’d have to have that. And he fits in the back. And there’s Energon rods. Dude.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064471)
Posted by Skritz on May 14th, 2020 @ 6:53pm CDT
Oh come on THAT is totally fake and 100% impossible.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064472)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2020 @ 6:55pm CDT
Skritz wrote:Oh come on THAT is totally fake and 100% impossible.
It's no different from how we first heard about the Netflix line of figures in the first place.
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064473)
Posted by aronjlove on May 14th, 2020 @ 6:56pm CDT
Should be easy to verify, from someone who works at Walmart
Cheetor EAN:5010993777549
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064475)
Posted by Skritz on May 14th, 2020 @ 6:58pm CDT
Well, clearly he must be a yellow Ravage redeco then! :lol:
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064482)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on May 14th, 2020 @ 7:45pm CDT
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064483)
Posted by Skritz on May 14th, 2020 @ 7:46pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:The thing that's really throwing me about that listing is that it's part of the Netflix line, and since that as far as we can tell is always redecoes/maybe retools, means we're getting some kind of Deluxe Cheetor in either Earthrise or Cyberverse's Deluxe line.

Maybe it's a Cybertronian Cheetor that turns into a car as a redeco of Prowl or Sideswipe?
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064486)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on May 14th, 2020 @ 7:53pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

Hmm... Honestly trying to figure out which Siege/Earthrise carbot mold I'd prefer a Cheetor from... Maybe Chromia actually? Not sure I'd prefer it, but it might match the proportions/kibble of Cheetor a bit better...
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064487)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 14th, 2020 @ 7:53pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

We've seen that before as a Botcon exclusive (or Collector's Club) so, eh, why not?
Re: Possible New War For Cybertron Netflix Series Figures Listed (2064488)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on May 14th, 2020 @ 7:55pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Skritz wrote:

...Thinking about it more, given it seems Cheetor is kinda their Designated Beast Wars Ambassador character right now, not sure they'd want to make a car version right now.
Definitely not impossible, just not what I'm most expecting.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Transformers Bumble Spud Playskool Bumblebee 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Bumblebee 10-inch Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY