Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head

Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head

Saturday, March 12th, 2011 2:12am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 58,562

Masterpiece sized Coneheads Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet, a small sized Volkswagen Bumblebee, and an add-on head for United/Generations Kup. Add that all up and we're talking about third party iGear! Images coming from HK-TF member 我是麦佬 show us prototypes of the upcoming releases from the fan company. The seekers are alterations of the original Masterpiece seekers, while the Volkswagen is available as either Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. The Kup head features one with and without a cygar. Enjoy the pictures below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): iGear, HK-TF.net

Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193892)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:13am CST

The Kup head looks pretty cool, but I kinda like the Hasbro head.

Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193899)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:21am CST
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193907)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:44am CST
Autobot032 wrote:One thing I do wonder though...how did they get Kup's backpack to sit so low? Mine will never fold down past a certain point. It always catches and won't push down.

Looking at my Generations Kup in Robot mode, the only thing i can see obstructing the backpack assembly from getting to its proper location is the shoulders where the wheels attach, though on mine, the back pack is all the way down but is not obstructed, you can also get the backpack between the 2 wheel/shoulder assemblies which i find helps to keep the shoulders in a good spot and prevents them from drooping down.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193913)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:01am CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:

Thank you for the heads up! I'll give that a try here in a bit. Awesome!
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193920)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 12th, 2011 @ 5:23am CST
Autobot032 wrote:They look fantastic, but I just can't see myself paying $100.00 a piece for a trio of knockoffs (the Coneheads) or a bootleg (Thundercracker).

It's worse than that, after shipping they are around $150.00 apiece. Shipping on those things are $108 by itself.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193926)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on March 12th, 2011 @ 5:34am CST
I have pre-ordered the cone heads and the Kup. But i am done with cliffjumper and bumblebee unless they make scout class ones. also the cliffjumper should have had a different head.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193941)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 12th, 2011 @ 7:10am CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I can't wait for these! i'm gonna pose each jet doing nasty things to Twirl, Falcia, and Combusta... JK... OR AM I?!?!? ...I am, I already threw them away.

I had to Google those names to get a clue here. Are you saying you threw away those DVD mini-cons or some customs? Just curious.
:BOT:
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193952)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 7:53am CST
I have made custom conehead seekers that I'm quite happy with, however, it is hard to beat manufactured product. My concern is size. Didn't iGear do mini MP Primes? Does anyone know if these will the same scale?

Gotta get the bee. If there is one thing no has enough of, its BB! :D
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193964)
Posted by VYPER ALPHA on March 12th, 2011 @ 8:35am CST
I think they are bigger than the takara seekers by an inch or two. if you go to iGear site it says they are the same size as MP03 Prime.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193965)
Posted by Stormrider on March 12th, 2011 @ 8:42am CST
No landing gear on the jets? I am curious to see what the QC will be for the jets.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193976)
Posted by sancho's revenge on March 12th, 2011 @ 9:11am CST
those seekers look amazing. I'm passing because of finances but if I could, I would. The kup head looks cool as hell. At $12 shiipped, that's a no brainer.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1193981)
Posted by Rated X on March 12th, 2011 @ 9:27am CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Is it really that bad ??? The shipping on Takara Unicron and MP ghost Starscream wasnt that bad. They are both large boxes. (I ordered from BBTS) Is I-Gear using EMS ??? Where did you get those shipping quotes ???
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194006)
Posted by Naked Magnus on March 12th, 2011 @ 10:31am CST
They look really cool, but there is no way I am buying them. I have their Faith Leader (Optimus) and their Ultra Leader (Magnus) and both have some serious QC issues. These seeker molds are much more complex and I just can't imagine the quality will be good. It is a shame because they look really bad ass.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194016)
Posted by robofreak on March 12th, 2011 @ 10:47am CST
It says theses are the same saize as MP-03. Is that true? I see no comparison pictures so I'm wondering if the scale is going to be right.

I'll have to see what my budget does as the release gets closer and what the quality is on the figures. This will give me an excuse to have a set of 6 MP Seekers.

Quality is going to be the biggy here. They've already made a reputation of fragile stuff so they need to make sure that these figures will be able to stand up to something of Masterpiece quality.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194035)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 11:23am CST
Whoa according to their website, it seems these guys (cone heads) will be like 14 inches tall!! They will tower over poor Starscream!!!
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194036)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 12th, 2011 @ 11:24am CST
Those masterpiece coneheads do look good, but I dont see myself paying 100$ for one, let alone 300$ for all of them. Id mutch rather just stick it with the deluxes on my shelf, they do just fine.

As for Kup's heads Im definatly picking them up, so much more character in those than in the head that Kup comes with. Kup with those upgraded heads are giving me a Full Metal Jacket throwback haha. Gonna have him paceing around my figures barking out orders and calling them maggots. XD :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194072)
Posted by El Duque on March 12th, 2011 @ 1:36pm CST
The iGear Coneheads are the same size as the official Seekers (or damn close anyway).

Faith Leader compared to Official Starscream.

Evil Faither Leader (or whatever his name is) compared to iGear Ramjet.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194084)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 12th, 2011 @ 2:10pm CST
Rated X wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Straight from the source by putting the trio in my shopping cart and taking the checkout to right before you go to paypal to pay. $108 shipping to the U.S. $450 grand total. Two of them ship together and the third ships seperately. They use regular airmail. IIRC I-gear ships out of Singapore. At least that's where my Faith Leader shipped from.
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194123)
Posted by metaphorge on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:12pm CST
Interesting that they have a prototype of the Starscream et al version of the MP seeker mold; wonder what they'll do with that? An animation accurate Thundercracker, perhaps? Or Sunstorm?

I don't recall that they've previously made any announcements on this.

I'm interested in the coneheads, but don't want to bite until someone has an in-hand review of at least one of them. I have two of the first-run Faith Leaders and haven't seen any QC problems, though I've made a point of not transforming them very much (this is why I have two, one for each mode).
Re: Prototype Images of iGear Coneheads, Bumblebee and Kup Head (1194130)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:30pm CST
Pass on all. I don't need my Kup getting air filtration unit cancer. And no to those Seekers, too.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY