Transformers News: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime)

Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 9:31pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 35,815

Previously we reported that 3rd party company - Xovergen Production is planning to produce the toy for Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot, based on Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime.

Today Xovergen Production has just updated their webpage with the new prototype images of the toy, albeit mainly on the vehicle mode.

Xovergen Production has also created a English website to cater for English reading viewers here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Xovergen Production

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108496)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on August 3rd, 2010 @ 9:48pm CDT
Will it be in scale with GI Joes? If so I might be all over this. Would be interesting to see what else the trailer does-looks like some other panels can move around there...
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108499)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2010 @ 9:58pm CDT
Rolling thunder down under. Apparently I've been to Vegas too many times and seen too many advertisements.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108500)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:03pm CDT
Vehicle mode looking promising, damn blurred bot mode.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108504)
Posted by LiKwid on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:07pm CDT
oOo snap... I've never heard of this compnay before..What's their track record? If any...
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108506)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:12pm CDT
I love that all these "side" companies are making cool stuff like this, but the cost is always so immensely prohibitive that I can never justify the purchase. I really wsih Hasbro would just jump all over making a collector-targetted line of slightly more expensive middle-range (i.e. not basic toy, not masterpiece) to fill in the niche for things like Rolling Thunder or Hearts of Steel Optimus Prime etc. I was sort of hoping the Titanium line could have evolved into that, but clearly there were far too many flaws with that line for it to have merited that specific kind of treatment. I like that in Generations we are getting the WFC toys, but I'm fairly certain that if there wasn't a huge budget video game we wouldn't have those toys. The line, however, does provide us with a golden opportunity to have official Hasbro product of some continuingly obscure characters (I mean, we have an official STraxus toy, how far off can Train Prime be?).
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108509)
Posted by SrikanthPrime on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:16pm CDT
What size class do you think this is close to? I wonder if the trailer will serve a purpose for the robot as well...
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108512)
Posted by Mkall on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:20pm CDT
I sense great potential here. Quality, as always, will proove to be the deciding factor
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108513)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:21pm CDT

I'll wait until I see better pics. I was impressed, but the last picture ruined it for me.

They're going to have to impress me to get my cash.

And yes, I know that FansProject did the same thing with City Commander, but at least you could make out what he looked like. This was just terribly blurry.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108515)
Posted by Poyguimogul on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:28pm CDT
You can see his legs clearly when the trailer is removed.
They look like classic primes legs,feet and knees.
have guns on shin like g1 fortress maximus.
legs extend out from pelvis like masterpiece.
guns on the front of the truck are on his shoulders kind-of-like Star Convoy.
the blurry robot mode is just of the cab...
..so whats up with the trizzaler~!?
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108517)
Posted by Blurrz on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:33pm CDT
I've seen the robot mode, it looks legit.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108526)
Posted by Prime Evil on August 3rd, 2010 @ 10:58pm CDT
Gotta say, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the final product. Would be nice to have a green Prime in my collection. Hope these guys can make this at an affordable price.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108540)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 4th, 2010 @ 12:23am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:They had me until the blurred robot photo. There's no sensible reason why a person or group trying to make a sale, would do such a stupid thing. If you want us to buy the product, show it to us.

They're going to have to impress me to get my cash.

It's a cheap trick to fuel interest in the figure, at least they don't go overboard with the teasing like CrazyDevy and show nothing of the actual product for months while already selling pre-orders for it.

I think I'm not interested I never really cared for the design from the start.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108549)
Posted by Editor on August 4th, 2010 @ 1:40am CDT
Samurai Bludgeon wrote:Will it be in scale with GI Joes?

Unlikely, Encine's custom was in scale and was beyond huge. I'd be surprised if it was larger than Animated Ultra Magnus.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108556)
Posted by gema on August 4th, 2010 @ 2:40am CDT
will it be around voyager class (like classic Optimus Prime) since the screw hole was about the same size. if that thing is ultra class or bigger, the screw they used must be freaking big :grin:
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108571)
Posted by tarZen on August 4th, 2010 @ 4:43am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:There's no sensible reason why a person or group trying to make a sale, would do such a stupid thing.

When you sell a product you don't want to reveal it completely until it is very near the release date. This is so competitors can't steal and copy your designs until your product already has a headstart. You also want to reveal some bits now and then to keep interest alive.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108604)
Posted by Prime Evil on August 4th, 2010 @ 6:40am CDT
Makes me wonder if they are considerin Dominator Megatron! Now that I would love to see more the RT Prime!!
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108614)
Posted by dragons on August 4th, 2010 @ 7:06am CDT
looks about deluxe or voyager class looks promising if they give it to online retailers might get it
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108621)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 4th, 2010 @ 7:20am CDT
Looks no bigger than voyager size based on the size of the wheels and screws which is fine with me. Any bigger and I could afford or display it.

I agree that the blurred photo is pretty pointless given how far along the prototype is.
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108633)
Posted by Jesterhead on August 4th, 2010 @ 7:59am CDT
Very excited to see more...

Grey prototype molds always look better than color molds to me for some reason lol!
Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime) (1108641)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 4th, 2010 @ 8:10am CDT
Blurrz wrote:I've seen the robot mode, it looks legit.

You have?! You should probably post it if you can before every Seibertronian freaks out. ;)

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction AOE - JUNKHEAP Claw Crush Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CROSSHAIRS Action Figure Power Punch Age Extinction NEW Green USA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hero Mashers Electronic Grimlock Hasbro 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Steeljaw MIP 917" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers- BEAST HUNTERS-Hero Mashers Soundwave Action Figure Hasbro 6" +++++" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD25 Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen HFTD Scout Class Hubcap complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class ASTROTRAIN Figure Complete" on EBAY