Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG

Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG

Thursday, June 11th, 2009 10:34pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 12,644

In a recent report by online movie ticket source Fandango, it appears that pre sales for the upcoming release of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen have been selling in a big way.

With less than two weeks to go before its June 24 release date, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is already seeing brisk ticket sales on Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination. Currently, the film represents 21% of ticket sales on Fandango (as of June 11 at 9 am PT).

According to an ongoing Fandango survey of moviegoers planning to see Transformers 2:

* 81% of respondents say Megan Fox is the one star they're most excited to see in the new movie.
* 76% say they are fans of director Michael Bay.
* 72% say the IMAX presentation of Transformers 2 will be an important part of their moviegoing experience.
* 71% of respondents are 18-34 years old; 68% are male.

"Fans are already scooping up tickets for Transformers 2's opening week showtimes, especially for the IMAX screens," says Ted Hong, Chief Marketing Officer for Fandango. "The movie is garnering some great Internet buzz, and filmgoers are clearly ready for another action-packed summer popcorn movie. With Transformers 2, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ice Age 3, Public Enemies, Bruno, G.I. Joe and other highly-anticipated movies opening within a few weeks of each other, it looks like a banner year for the movies."

Check out the article and by your pre sale tickets by clicking here.

Credit(s): Fandango

This article was last modified on Friday, June 12th, 2009 11:22am CDT

Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935613)
Posted by LiKwid on June 11th, 2009 @ 10:55pm CDT
I saw this coming.. I didn't even know you could get tickets for a movie this far in advance. I got my tickets for the iMax on June 1st and then picked up a couple more for a sneak on the 22nd.. Would be funny to see ROTF outsell Terminator salvation before it even hits the screen... Eat it Mcg....
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935624)
Posted by nemesis-prime on June 11th, 2009 @ 11:08pm CDT
Do I smell 1 billion world wild when all is done and taking out darknight?
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935631)
Posted by First-Aid on June 11th, 2009 @ 11:16pm CDT
Advance sales that high? Holy crap. I agree...this movie is probably going to hit the $1billion mark. I'm always hoping for a decent movie to take down that wreck that was "Titanic"...(pun intended...heh heh). Maybe this can be the one. Megan Fox is very quickly become a huge draw. And everyone loves seeing giant robots and explosions. Yes, I can VERY easily see this hitting the billion dollar mark globally. The question is, where does it stop? The U.S. opening alone is looking like $200 million.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935703)
Posted by meshnut on June 12th, 2009 @ 1:35am CDT
I don't see it hitting $1 billion, and i definitely don't see it knocking titanic out of the number 1 spot, but i do see it going head to head with harry potter for the "#1 movie of the year" spot! :grin:
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935748)
Posted by vectorA3 on June 12th, 2009 @ 6:42am CDT
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935752)
Posted by nemesis-prime on June 12th, 2009 @ 7:01am CDT
vectorA3 wrote:i wish those damn HP movies would come out at a different time -sick of people comparing TF to HP -when there's no comparison -2 separate worlds. That constant bickering was annoying 2 yrs. ago. Anyway, I'm getting screwed by Universal in 2 ways. First, I went to pick up Imax tix for the midnight screening on the 23rd. I go all the way up the hill and walk all the way to Citywalk after parking (this is a good 15-20 min walk & half is uphill) and get to the box office. The guy goes ok, looks like we have 2 left, so I'm happy and figure the trip was worth it - wrong. The system locked him out of it and would let him sell/print anymore. When I asked why he said 'maybe b/c they expect some people to sneak in or something..' a buffer?? Wth? I was pissed, but didn't say anything. Asked him the other showtimes and got a ticket for 7p Wed. I really wanted the midnite show, the show I'm getting has a high chance of interfering with work. 2nd screw job - I put in a request for Tonight Show/Conan tickets on May 6th to see a show THIS week -picked each day in sequence as my preference. Still haven't heard a peep from them. It is based on a lottery system -and this is highly unfair, because I'm sure they've used people who requested after me. Should be first come, first serve. *^&$%^&$ AMC and *&^$%&*# Universal!!!!! So bull^&*t!!!! (to boot, on the way home from Universal, my highway exit was closed -go figure)

I got tired of people comparing those movies to. BTW Transformers is Parimount slighly different but i dont know if it is owend company.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935762)
Posted by King Henrik on June 12th, 2009 @ 7:16am CDT
wait... transformers presale tickets have already accounted for 21% of all of fandango's sales for the year? is this correct? holy crap! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935766)
Posted by Burn on June 12th, 2009 @ 7:19am CDT

Guess they must be doing it on another site because I don't see it here and I don't see it in that news report!

But honestly, what's the big issue if people compare movies? Yeah I agree, they're two completely different movies set in two completely different worlds, but people can be fans of both and they're more than entitled to give an opinion like "I really loved Transformers 2, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Prime getting the crap kicked out of him but I found the scene where Snape kills Dumbledore to be far more emotional".

Nothing wrong with a little comparison, good for a healthy discussion! :grin:
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935781)
Posted by vectorA3 on June 12th, 2009 @ 7:54am CDT
Burn wrote:

Nothing wrong with a little comparison, good for a healthy discussion! :grin:

i was referring to the arguments back in '07 when TF1 came out and HP5 was out.

Nemesis-prime, I don't understand what you wrote. Please elaborate.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935788)
Posted by Burn on June 12th, 2009 @ 8:02am CDT
So bringing up stuff that happened two years ago when there's been no sign of it being repeated (yet). Yep ... fair enough!

I'm not suprised at how well it's pre-selling, the first movie was big and got the attention of a LOT of people, especially the average movie-goers who have no interest in becoming part of the fandom. They saw a good movie then, they're expecting a good movie now, and they can't wait to see it either!
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (935994)
Posted by meshnut on June 12th, 2009 @ 2:41pm CDT
Burn wrote:

Nothing wrong with a little comparison, good for a healthy discussion! :grin:

I was not comparing the movies themselves, i was only comparing them in the fact that (in my opinion at least) they have the strongest potential for the #1 box office spot for this year.

incidentally, i like both! B-)
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (936009)
Posted by Darkstrad on June 12th, 2009 @ 3:27pm CDT
>>Currently, the film represents 21% of ticket sales on Fandango (as of June 11 at 9 am PT).<<

king hendrick, not the years profits, they mean 21% of tickets being sold right now.
IE, out of every 100 tickets sold 21 are for transformers-which is still pretty damn good.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (936021)
Posted by Stress on June 12th, 2009 @ 4:20pm CDT
:grin: :grin: :grin: i'm happy preordered my tickets :grin: and got the first 5 O_o
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (936136)
Posted by nemesis-prime on June 12th, 2009 @ 10:26pm CDT
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (936237)
Posted by Blurrz on June 13th, 2009 @ 4:27am CDT
Michael Bay's site has been updated, showing some pretty interesting stats concerning the people buying RotF tickets.

76% say they are fans of director Michael Bay.
71% of respondents are 18-34 years old; 68% are male.

For the original post, click here.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (936238)
Posted by Burn on June 13th, 2009 @ 4:32am CDT
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (936268)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 13th, 2009 @ 9:06am CDT
Topics merged.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (936355)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 13th, 2009 @ 12:44pm CDT
Potters going to have his a**...er, umm... broom handed to him by this movie. I can see this one blowing all previous records out of the water. Just for the first film I was able to get 9 other people who would not have normally seen it on an opening night to join me for the midnight showing. 2 of them probably wouldn't have seen it in the theater at all but showing them some of the content online was all it took to convince them it was worth it. Now everyone is stoked once again to go see it and my ex-wife is already planning times for catching it with our kids (and me if I can kiss enough ass) at the last local Drive-In in our area.

I think History is going to have a strange twist this summer. I think we are going to witness the Titanic being sunk in a whole new way. :grin: I also don't think that the Worlds Greatest Detective and a pre-Tween wizard are going to slow the giant robot onslaught. This franchise is just too big. I don't think even another Star Wars movie could match this massive machine.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (937031)
Posted by vectorA3 on June 15th, 2009 @ 6:17am CDT
nemesis-prime wrote:Is parimount studios different than universal studios or are they branches of a bigger company?

Paramount is owned by Viacom (who also owns MTV,CBS and a slough of cable channels).

NBC Universal is owned by GE and Vivendi. GE owns ~ 80%

Burn, trust me, the HP stalwarts will come and argue and try to rain on our parade --esp. if HP performs better at the box office. I don't care though, I'm a diehard TF fan and always will be. Not as big on HP, but will probably see it, since i've seen the others.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG (937133)
Posted by Obiprime on June 15th, 2009 @ 12:07pm CDT
I can get my ticket 20 minutes before the movie starts. :)

The movie wont break any records but it will make Plenty money for part 3

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY