RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit

RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit

Tuesday, May 17th, 2011 11:02pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 31,293

Do you have a Toys'R'Us Exclusive Darkwind sitting around collecting dust? If so, Seibertron.com member Venksta's garage kit company Renderform have a solution for you!

First teased late last year, RF-005 is finally here and nearly ready for order. This set features a G1-inspired head to mimic Darkwing, as well as his signature rifles and a fully customizable visor with three different colors.

Before ordering, please be sure to fully read Venksta's disclaimers about a known QC issue.

We'll keep you posted right here on Seibertron.com when orders open up.

Credit(s): Renderform

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 7:49am CDT

Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224275)
Posted by Samsonator on May 17th, 2011 @ 11:06pm CDT
I always thought the paint job they gave the regular head worked well for carrying on the look of the G1 version, but this head is sooo much better.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224277)
Posted by Mkall on May 17th, 2011 @ 11:14pm CDT
Niiiice,

I'll take that please.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224278)
Posted by Venksta on May 17th, 2011 @ 11:15pm CDT
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224287)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2011 @ 11:35pm CDT
I sincerely wish that they had made a Hydra redeco of this in addition to Darkwing/d.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224289)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 17th, 2011 @ 11:37pm CDT

Venksta wrote:Make sure to read the full details on the website about this kit. Especially the QC concerns to be aware of. :)

Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224290)
Posted by Venksta on May 17th, 2011 @ 11:39pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:I can't wait to receive mine. All of Venksta's work is top notch. High recommended.

Sending a PM.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224330)
Posted by gema on May 18th, 2011 @ 2:36am CDT
NICE!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
btw, i'm new with this. what the cost and how to order? thanks
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224335)
Posted by Hal7300 on May 18th, 2011 @ 2:56am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:When will your order page be up again? I'd like to grab one of the Mach Red's before they sell out.

Ditto.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224345)
Posted by krenger99 on May 18th, 2011 @ 3:29am CDT
Wow, all of a sudden that figure looks bad @ss. Nice upgrade to have. :ic$:
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224370)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 18th, 2011 @ 5:45am CDT
starting to wish i got the figure :(
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224385)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 18th, 2011 @ 6:33am CDT

I think it looks really excellent! I didn't think I needed this until I saw it, now I need it! :APPLAUSE:
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224399)
Posted by Astronopolis on May 18th, 2011 @ 7:15am CDT
Another jaw dropping upgrade from Renderform! God i wish his partner wasnt a damn botcon exclusive. Heres hoping Hasbro pulls a Thundercracker once again...
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224405)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 18th, 2011 @ 7:33am CDT
I hope I can get on the order for this one. Definitely want this!!
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224410)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 18th, 2011 @ 7:49am CDT
Nice job Venksta! :APPLAUSE:
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224421)
Posted by Rated X on May 18th, 2011 @ 8:16am CDT
I love it !!! I need one !!! Check your PM messages.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224430)
Posted by It Is Him on May 18th, 2011 @ 8:43am CDT
Definitely want this. Also, can anyone hook me up with a Darkwind?
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224448)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 18th, 2011 @ 9:26am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:That figure is still readily available at many TRU's collecting dust on the shelf.

I still have a couple Darkwind figures warmin' the shelf at my local TRU.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224482)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 18th, 2011 @ 10:19am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:

I still have a couple Darkwind figures warmin' the shelf at my local TRU.

Let me clarify 'it'. I need the upgrade set. Didn't think I needed the set because of the nicely done paint apps to the original head.

I am now considering grabbing one off the dusty TRU shelf, to have another to mod with this.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224486)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 18th, 2011 @ 10:23am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

I still have a couple Darkwind figures warmin' the shelf at my local TRU.

I knew you meant the set man. I was just agreeing with you about the figure warming shelves at some TRU if people were still in need of Darkwind.
Re: RF-005 Universe Darkwind Upgrade Kit (1224489)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 18th, 2011 @ 10:29am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

I still have a couple Darkwind figures warmin' the shelf at my local TRU.

I know you did, I was clarifying for others, because after re-reading it could sound like I wanted someone to nab one for me... #-o

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Whirl 100% Complete with accessories" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mixable Mashable Optimus Prime Transformers - COMPLETE NO BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee complete AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Bumblebee Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY