ROTF DVD Release Date

ROTF DVD Release Date

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 5:00pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News, Store News
Posted by: Savage   Views: 22,319

It appears that Amazon.Com has posted a listing for the ROTF DVD, including a release date of September 2009. Thanks to Seibertronian joshnpowell for pointing this out. See the info on Amazon HERE!

Credit(s): Amazon.Com, joshnpowell

Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955081)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 14th, 2009 @ 5:15pm CDT
Wonder if they're going to have "transforming" cases again
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955100)
Posted by It Is Him on July 14th, 2009 @ 5:33pm CDT
No offense Savage, but judging from this listing, it looks like a 3rd party seller threw this up, and may not be reliable.

Of course I would love to have this DVD in September, but I think late November, early December would be an accurate release date.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955113)
Posted by Fenixblue on July 14th, 2009 @ 5:46pm CDT
I work for a retail store (FYE)and we've got RotF dated for a release of October 20th.
That would be along the lines of the release of the first one. I remember it had been
released a couple weeks before I started working there the week of Thanksgiving in '07.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955141)
Posted by Autobot Hero on July 14th, 2009 @ 6:23pm CDT
Awesome, my birthday is in September.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955142)
Posted by cybercat on July 14th, 2009 @ 6:25pm CDT
The proprietary listing (as in sold by and shipped by Amazon) doesn't have a release date. Moreover it doesn't have a preorder option yet.

See for yourself.

I'd heard 24 October...somewhere, so anything a month *earlier* than that smacks of pirated to me. Yarrrrrrr.

HK, how can people review a DVD that hasn't been released yet? I want to know about special features! Grrrr.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955154)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on July 14th, 2009 @ 6:40pm CDT
I wonder if there are going to be exclusives like when Wal-mart sold the DVD of the first movie with an animated version of IDW's Prime Directive.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955292)
Posted by megatonlover on July 14th, 2009 @ 11:26pm CDT
Dat's nice but I would like the actual release date. At least my birthday is on the same month.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955303)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 14th, 2009 @ 11:41pm CDT
Joblo's DVD release dates does not have it scheduled and they are pretty reliable.

http://www.joblo.com/dvdclinic/release_ ... &year=2009
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (955433)
Posted by Superior Prime09 on July 15th, 2009 @ 6:01am CDT
Meh it'll come out when it comes out, will be purchasing the Blu Ray version. :grin:
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (956067)
Posted by vectorA3 on July 15th, 2009 @ 11:23pm CDT
thx for the news Savage. Too bad we don't merge all the threads about this (aka my "Okay, when's the Blu-ray comin out?" thread) :P

I hope there's some cool promo stuff this time -& unless I break down and get "Watchmen" at the end of this month, this will be my first BR purchase.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (968393)
Posted by Ratbat on August 5th, 2009 @ 2:40pm CDT
I pre-ordered a Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen single-disc DVD yesterday...via Amazon.com. (I may eventually get a Revenge of the Fallen two-disc DVD.)
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (968560)
Posted by Skullgrin140 on August 5th, 2009 @ 7:23pm CDT
Sweet, and just a month before my Birthday :D
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (968975)
Posted by Nightscreech on August 6th, 2009 @ 8:47am CDT
is it just me or does September seem a bit early for a DVD release?
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (969026)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 6th, 2009 @ 10:42am CDT
Yeah, I think September is too early as well. I had heard October 20th (Tuesday) before, as well as the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, 5 weeks later. Either works for me, as long as it's by Christmas. Do you remember only 3-4 years ago it took 8-10 months for a DVD to hit the stores after a movie's theatrical release, regardless of how it did at the box office? I wonder why they're shortening the time...
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (969042)
Posted by Nightscreech on August 6th, 2009 @ 11:12am CDT
I think its all rumour at this point. Ill believe it when i have the DVD in my hands.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (969343)
Posted by T-man5000 on August 6th, 2009 @ 10:35pm CDT
Why does it have 2 so early... I don't have anything against that, but It would make sense if they do it late November, because they would have profit during the Holiday season, but whatever.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (969464)
Posted by vectorA3 on August 7th, 2009 @ 5:26am CDT
you gotta remember TF1 came out beginning of July '07 with the dvd dropping in late Oct. -if I remember correctly. That's 4 months apart as well, if they're planning on a Sept. release for TF2.
Re: ROTF DVD Release Date (973912)
Posted by MegaPrime776 on August 14th, 2009 @ 7:25pm CDT
I would begin to hope that it would be in Sept., but Oct. is reasonable. I can't survive on the bittorrent version forever.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Decepticon Blackout with upgrade DNA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scorponok 21 in Action Figure - WFC-E25" on EBAY