SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski

Transformers News: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski

Friday, August 2nd, 2019 5:46PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Interviews
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 14,332

Thanks to a head's up from IDW's Twitter we've learned that PiexelatedGeek.com has a brief interview with IDW's Transformers Galaxies writer Tyler Bleszinski. This is broken into both a written portion excerpted below along with a supplemental five minute interview with Mr. Bleszinski.
In the video portion Tyler touches on how this story will take place recently after the Constructicons have been forged and follows them as they make choices that will shape their darker destiny. He doesn't want to spoil how Devastator comes into play, but states this will be a character quite unlike the Devastator we saw way back in the old G1 cartoon. Enjoy the interview below and click on the embedded video for a few extra cool tidbits from Tyler on the origins of his interest in the characters and the Transformers brand as a whole

Don't forget to share your thoughts in the forums and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

"This September we’ll be getting a brand new anthology series from IDW – Transformers: Galaxies. The first four-part story will focus on the original combiner team, the Constructicons.
At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con we had a chance to sit down with writer Tyler Bleszinski to talk about why he wanted to write this story, why the Transformers, and specifically the Constructicons, are so important to him, and what we can expect from the series"

"After we turned off the cameras we talked with Tyler a little more; I always like the little conversations you have with people after the recording’s over, everybody’s more relaxed when they don’t have a camera in their face. Lucky for me, the backup recording was still going, so I caught a little of the conversation."

"Tyler: There’s so much to learn from seeing them in action, seeing them do what they do, even if it’s just as much as them building something. To me, that was the was the coolest thing about the Constructions. I always thought, man, they’re like these builder bots, they should really be Autobots. How did they become Decepticons? And then the cartoon…I don’t know if you followed the cartoon..
Elizabeth: It was the one with Omega Supreme, right?
Yes, the cartoon basically swept it away because Megatron had a Robosmasher that brainwashed them. I mean…really?
It takes it away from them.
There’s no choice! As much as I loved that episode because the Constructicons are featured so prominently, I always hated that aspect of it, that they didn’t make a choice to do what they did, they were forced into it. And while there’s there’s an aspect of them being forced into certain things here too, it’s choices that they make to bring them there."

"The thing I loved about the old IDW series was when they showed how Megatron became Megatron. In the cartoon the Decepticons were bad bad bad, evil evil evil, the Autobots heroic, awesome, incredible, The Best. And when I read the IDW series that featured Megatron being a miner, and then wising up to rebel against the bourgeois Autobot senate, I was like “Damn, finally somebody gets it, there should be layers here! Like Walter White or Tony Soprano, that should be Megatron!” Not like, cookie cutter villain."

Credit(s): IDW on Twitter/Pixelated Geek
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033008)
Posted by TulioDude on August 2nd, 2019 @ 11:04pm CDT
A Contructicon focused history sounds cool.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033140)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 4th, 2019 @ 3:39am CDT
Kinda sounds like what the Combaticons part of TAAO should have been. Or at least what I expected it to be. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, it can't be worse than the current series.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033146)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 4th, 2019 @ 3:50am CDT
Stargrave wrote:"The thing I loved about the old IDW series was when they showed how Megatron became Megatron. In the cartoon the Decepticons were bad bad bad, evil evil evil, the Autobots heroic, awesome, incredible, The Best. And when I read the IDW series that featured Megatron being a miner, and then wising up to rebel against the bourgeois Autobot senate, I was like “Damn, finally somebody gets it, there should be layers here!

:APPLAUSE: Kudos to them. That, I took notice of. Directly referencing Megatron: Origin in relation to the "old IDW series", not any of the silly retcon that came later.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033273)
Posted by serre prime on August 5th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

my hero :x
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033570)
Posted by Stargrave on August 7th, 2019 @ 12:33am CDT
Thanks again to our own ScottyP we've learned that Previews World has updated their listings with the incentive cover for IDW's Transformers issue #11 with art by none other than fan favorite Guido Guidi! Depicted in this cover is Quake still hanging onto his Titans Return wardrobe but sporting his old double Targetmaster pals Tip Top and Heater in their combined super weapon form. Anyone who's been reading the series so far will note neither Targetmaster (Battlemaster? Micromaster?) has made an appearance so far and as of this writing it is unknown if this is just a nod to the fans or actual foreshadowing of characters to debut in the issue.

Written by Brian Ruckley with art by Andrew Griffith and Bethany McGuire-Smith the issue is due August 28th at a comic shop near you. Pick up a copy and share your thoughts with your fellow Seibertronians in the forum and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

From Preview World's description:
"Chromia and Windblade raid a Rise base in search for clues about the identity of Brainstorm's murderer, only to be discovered-and the Rise isn't happy. Meanwhile, Bumblebee sees his first bit of action as the Ascenticon Guard is called to defend a building under siege! As questions are answered, more mysteries abound! Who commands the Rise? In Shops: Aug 28, 2019"
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033583)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 7th, 2019 @ 2:36am CDT
It is almost as if the cover, alongside verbs such as 'raid ' 'bit of action' and 'under siege' in the solicit are intentionally trying to address vocal responses to this book? >:oP

Honestly, if the galaxies book turns out as interesting as the above article suggests, they should just cut their losses with the "main" book.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033591)
Posted by Prime Target on August 7th, 2019 @ 4:36am CDT
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033609)
Posted by Stargrave on August 7th, 2019 @ 9:29am CDT
Prime Target wrote:What do you mean "Hanging on to his TR Wardrobe"? He looks nothing like that figure outside the head

Shoot and I have TR Quake right here on the shelf I goofed. I thought he’d been sporting his TR shell earlier in the series I think I was going off that memory. My bad. Good call.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033611)
Posted by sol magnus on August 7th, 2019 @ 9:36am CDT
Stargrave wrote:

In the series, he's using the Titans Return retooled Hardhead body, IMS.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2033612)
Posted by Stargrave on August 7th, 2019 @ 9:40am CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Stargrave wrote:

In the series, he's using the Titans Return retooled Hardhead body, IMS.

Ok so I’m not completely off. Just jumped the gun a bit in regards to the cover, which does look awesome I really like Guidi’s art.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034056)
Posted by Stargrave on August 10th, 2019 @ 7:59pm CDT
Thanks to an update at Comixology we have summaries for the first two issues of Transformers Galaxies! While some fans have found the new regular ongoing Transformers title fulfilling others have been left wanting. These same fans are hoping the new Transformers Galaxies series will help fill the void left when IDW's previous universe ended their continuity. Each issue is listed at $3.99 with issue 1 expected September 25th and issue 2 expected October 30th. Enjoy the summaries below and let us know your thoughts in the forums, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Issue #1:
Written by: Tyler Bleszinski
Art by: Livio Ramondelli
"Cybertron, a planet of vast beauty and extraordinary cities, wasn’t always so perfect. After the War Against the Threefold Spark, Cybertron was decimated, and new bots—the Constructicons—emerged to help rebuild it grander and more amazing than ever before. But where are these bots now? Why have they been erased from Cybertron’s history? And what are they planning to do about it? Find out in “Constructicons Rising,” Part One!"

Issue #2:
Written by: Tyler Bleszinski
Art by: Livio Ramondelli
"“CONSTRUCTICONS RISING,” PART 2! The Constructicons are training—they know their time is coming. They’re almost ready to stand at their once glorious height. They just need a sign and some energon. When a mysterious benefactor arrives promising to provide both, how can the Constructicons resist?"
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034091)
Posted by Windsweeper on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:53am CDT
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034095)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 11th, 2019 @ 8:42am CDT
Windsweeper wrote:I will pick these up but I wish they'd get rid of Livio. Not a fan of his art at all.

Agreed. Never liked it. The Primacy Trilogy is largely unreadable with no discernible visual narrative (aside from it being meaningless retcon, of course) and most of CHAOS, too. I thought the reboot was supposed to be a fresh start on every level.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034843)
Posted by Stargrave on August 17th, 2019 @ 1:23am CDT
Thanks to a post to artist Clayton Crain's website we've learned of an alternate cover to Transformers: Galaxies #1. Mr. Crain has certainly constructed an amazing piece of art showing the king of the Combiners in mid assembly. The issue is written by Tyler Bleszinski with art by long time Transformer artist Livio Ramondelli. The issue is expected to ship next month which is just a few weeks away. Also shown below is the finalized art for the regular retail cover, and also an interview with the writer and artist from the San Diego Comic Con last month where they go into detail of their own personal histories with the characters. Enjoy the images and as always share your view with the Seibertron crew in the forums. Make sure to stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Finalized regular retail cover for issue #1:

Interview from SDCC from pexelatedgeek.com with Tyler Bleszinski and Livio Ramondelli from the SDCC2019:

Cover for issue #2:

Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034847)
Posted by soundwave765 on August 17th, 2019 @ 2:04am CDT
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034850)
Posted by Agent 53 on August 17th, 2019 @ 2:25am CDT
soundwave765 wrote:Artwork looks great. Im very interested in this series and where it goes. Do we know if it's a mini series or another, longer run?

The way I understood I think it's sort of like the old Spotlight stuff, but instead of a series of one shots, it's effectively a collection of mini series focused on different characters. According to the wiki after the Constructicons they'll be looking at Cliffjumper, then Arcee, then Ultra Magnus.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034863)
Posted by soundwave765 on August 17th, 2019 @ 9:46am CDT
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034864)
Posted by Stargrave on August 17th, 2019 @ 10:19am CDT
soundwave765 wrote:Thanks! That would be nice. A bit more bread and butter to the characters versus a one shot. Now I'm really optimistic about this series.

Hey Soundwave we’ve done a few articles about this so far including a way cool panel interview from SDCC2019 just go up to the main forums and type in Galaxies and that should pull you up everything we’ve got so far. Hope that helps ;)^ if you’re this excited now wait till you hear the writers talk about the issues coming down the road. It totally got me pumped.

This series is looking like it has a lot of potential and I believe is currently planned as a 12 issue maxi-series but I could easily see this going beyond that.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034866)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on August 17th, 2019 @ 10:43am CDT

If Galaxies follows through with this concept, it could literally add the last untapped concept of depth to the G1 characters.
Re: SDCC2019 Interview With Transformers Galaxies Writer Tyler Bleszinski (2034867)
Posted by Stargrave on August 17th, 2019 @ 10:47am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:This mini series, in concept, does open up a really maligned idea of Transformers and Combiner Teams specifically. What they actually do, their role within Cybertronian society? Why "Constructicons": Obvious yet ignored explanation: They are the builders of Cybertron!

Exciting stuff right? Gets me all goosebumpy :lol:

I’m totally ready for it.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Medal, Coin, Transformers Barricade Commemorative Medal COIN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind and Darkwing" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Front Section Hasbro part original 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Left And Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 reissue walmart Minibot Bumblebee,outback,tailgate,swerve...." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scrapmetal Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Premiere Deluxe WWII BUMBLEBEE (26) Brand New HTF" on EBAY