Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info!

Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 4:59pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News, Site Articles, People News
Posted by: Counterpunch   Views: 19,248

Once again true believers the time has come for us to gather up the luggage, the spending cash, and the friends/family...Seibertron.com is going to BotCon!

For the past two years we've made it a newborn tradition to gather up forum friends for a Friday night party. May 29th at the Sheraton Hotel we will be invading Charlie's bar/restaurant at 9:00PM in full force. Last year's event had close to 100 of your closest Seibertronian friends drinking, talking about the convention, and generally causing a massive ruckus. Ask anyone who was able to make it out, we all had a great time.

If this is your first time going to BotCon or if you're one of our many valued friends who simply lurk the forums, we especially want you to come out with us! BotCon in of itself is a great time, but you won't be getting your money's worth if you miss out on the opportunity to kick back with your fellow fans for a few hours.

The Staff here at Seibertron.com welcomes any and all from the site (and all other sites for that matter) to come out and share a drink and a laugh with us.

So, here are some of the finer points to know and make note of...

The Sheraton Hotel is located at: 303 East Cordova Street �· Pasadena, California 91101

It's right next to the convention center.

For those who aren't going to the convention, your boy Counterpunch here is going to do his best to drop updates.

Leave any questions here and I'll do my best to answer them. This year's convention is shaping up to be a great event. We're looking forward to meeting up with old friend's not seen since last year as well as all the new blood who will be showing up or making themselves known for the first time.

All the best.

-cp

Credit(s): Counterpunch

Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921200)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 14th, 2009 @ 7:47am CDT
goshjosh95 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:We only know for sure that dinner will be served and Weird Al will be there.

Speculation is that the movie will be premiered there.

I'd see about going if I were you. A call to Fun Pub would probably take care of it.

Thanks for the heads-up, CP. Have to check with the girl to make sure I can go.

I'm not as whipped as that just sounded. :P

Only a litte...entirely... :D
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921359)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 14th, 2009 @ 2:33pm CDT
So I'm gonna need another wingman at the bars this year? Who's wants in.

I'm good at my game and just need someone else to help me with the friends, cause what beautiful woman wouldn't be with friends at a bar?

Just kidding!! Ya'll are my wingmen!! Mwuahahaha!! Ask CP bout last year. I ended up talkin to some very lovely ladies, unfortunately my wing man *coughfluxconvoycough* could not get into the bar we were going to meet the ladies in because of clothing (grrrrr!!). So bring some non TF attire for the night and lets's have some fun!! Unfortunately, last year's wingman is now in a relationship. Goodie for you brotha!!
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921369)
Posted by 33Silencer on May 14th, 2009 @ 2:56pm CDT
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921387)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 14th, 2009 @ 3:15pm CDT
33Silencer wrote:What up everyone!?! This is my first Botcon and like all of you are beyond excited, however since it is my first, I need advice from members who are veterans at Botcon. I'm worried once I get there Ill be overwhelmed with all thats going on. I've got the Primus Package so I know I can do alot of the activities, but my questions are.....: 1) should I get to the activities early, or will there be lines for the autographs and buying the exclusive toys? Also, I keep hearing about early and late registration....I haven't recieved my confirmation letter in the mail yet, so I'm not sure what my time slot is? Does anyone know how thats determined. Since I just did get confirmation that my package was accepted, two days ago, I'm worried that I'll have the Friday late registration. Can anyone help me with advice or the answers to these questions!?! Thanks everyone...can't wait to have a blast!!!

-You'll be overwhelmed...enjoy it.
-Find other people to hang out with, it's only as fun as you make it.
-Get to the Hasbro panel early and autograph lines early, everything else is cake.

-GET ON THE PHONE WITH FUN PUB...you need to find out that your registration was accepted asap. Not to worry you, but you have to stay on those guys, especially with paperwork.

I'll be giving out a phone number where people can text me for info and questions at the con.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921389)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 14th, 2009 @ 3:23pm CDT
Welcome to Seibertron first of all!! I'll let someone else give ya the full greetings. :D

OK, as for your questions. Since I'm really there this year for the con and not the toys, I'll be attending most of the sessions, autograph lines, and what have you. I'll wander through the buying area, but once you're done with that, it's really all about the people, fans, actors, and anyone else that is involved in anyway with transformers. I get my stuff online anyway so the dealer room is nice, but not necessary for me. Oh, but I'll be there. When you get your confirmation letter, on it, you will see when you can pick up your box set. Don't worry, you'll get your set cause they will have it set aside for you. What you do want to get in line for are the add-ons. First dibs goes to us, then everything else opens up on Saturday to the public, but I suggest if you miss out on Friday night, that you get in line firt thing Sat morning if you want the add-ons, or a second set.

Also, I do recommend that you come to meet everyone out on Friday night. It's always a blast to meet up with people on the boards. Most other boards will probably be there as well. Everyone will usually wear their badges for easy identification with their Screen names and real names. One of the few times that I will actually call people by their screen names and not their actual names. Don't be afraid to approach anyone, and def introduce yourself. My first con was in 07, so this will be my third and it's really all about meeting my TF friends that I get to only see once a year. Oh, and don't worry about forgetting ppls names, it happens. Sometimes it's just easier to remember screen names.

Look for the asian with a mohawk. That SHOULD be me, but ya never know who else might be sportin the same look....speaking of which.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921391)
Posted by First Gen on May 14th, 2009 @ 3:32pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Welcome to Seibertron first of all!!

Yes my friend. WELCOME TO SEIBERTRON!!! WARNING!! SEIBERTRON CONTAINS NUTS!!!!

And oddly enough, Evil here is the only guy I know that can wear a mohawk and it makes perfect sense. When you see him you'll know what I'm saying. See you there.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921401)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 14th, 2009 @ 3:46pm CDT
If you can talk Dy in to it we'll go.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921409)
Posted by First Gen on May 14th, 2009 @ 4:00pm CDT
Sustain wrote:If you can talk Dy in to it we'll go.

I thought you guys were like a half hour from there anyway? I was expecting to see you two there.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921414)
Posted by -Soundwave- on May 14th, 2009 @ 4:05pm CDT
First Gen wrote:
Sustain wrote:If you can talk Dy in to it we'll go.

Oh yeah to Botcon totally, but neither of us are real drinkers for a party. Doesn't mean we can't stop in though right?
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921472)
Posted by Seibertron on May 14th, 2009 @ 6:42pm CDT
I can't wait for the party. It's going to be another great time!!! The Seibertron.com bar outting/party is one of my favorite parts of BotCon now. :D Can't wait to see you guys there.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921473)
Posted by Seibertron on May 14th, 2009 @ 6:44pm CDT
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921510)
Posted by hyperconvoy69 on May 14th, 2009 @ 8:29pm CDT
This will be my first Seibertron meet up. Can't wait to see you guys there.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921515)
Posted by harvester on May 14th, 2009 @ 8:58pm CDT
Count me in =D
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921550)
Posted by Delicon on May 14th, 2009 @ 10:42pm CDT
For those of you who have never attended our party, a couple quick things.

#1 - It doesn't matter if you have never met any of us outside the boards, the more the merrier and I honestly feel we are an easy bunch to mingle with.

#2 - If you don't drink alcohol, come anyway. Heck, the first Coke's on me!

#3 - If you don't often post here or if you have never posted here that doesn't matter either. We just enjoy hanging out with our fellow fans, PERIOD.

Hope to see you there!
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921662)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 15th, 2009 @ 8:04am CDT
First Gen wrote:And as far as finding us, it will be easy. You can approach me like you've known me for years cause here at Seibertron.com, we're not members, we're family.

Hey, you gonna be wearing your "First Gen" hat again this year. That was sooo you. I loved it everytime I saw you.

And yeah, we are definitly like a family here. Disfunctional at times, but when we actually get together, it's one big happy family reunion. :)
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921873)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 15th, 2009 @ 5:23pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:So I'm gonna need another wingman at the bars this year? Who's wants in.

Yup, I'm a freakin rat. Got a lil mohawk of my own now too so fancy bars aren't taking me in this year either. Oh and uh, my lady talks to anybody. You're more likely to land a hookup through her than me I'd bet. :grin: We'll be there most likely. Somebody gimme a shout that evenin'.
:BOT:
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921876)
Posted by Delicon on May 15th, 2009 @ 5:34pm CDT
Flux, what day are you getting in? We'll have to hang out a bit, too.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921905)
Posted by Aeros on May 15th, 2009 @ 6:43pm CDT
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (921921)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 15th, 2009 @ 7:35pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Hey Counterpunch, did you contact the bar by any chance to see what time they close at? I hope they don't close early. Some hotel bars do.

They close at 1 AM, pretty much the same as the bar last year.

Aeros wrote:I'm a bit of a lurker as of late but me and my Girlfriend might poke in. I do have a question about the thursday night registration. Is it usually packed? I mean like in long lines? Is it good to be early? and the attendee figures Do they limit how many you can buy because I hate to get there after the online dealer picked up 300 and i get nothin?

Packed, yes. Long lines? Very.

Early good. Souvenir sets are limited to one per box set, but I never risk it after 2006.
Re: Seibertron.com's BotCon 2009 Party Info! (922078)
Posted by Volrath2242 on May 16th, 2009 @ 6:38am CDT
I want to go! Eh it's cool though. I know one guy in the Red Wings cap, so I may ask him to pick he up something There

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY