Saturday, February 25th, 2012 10:15am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 42,075

This appears to be a running issue with the factory. Since the guns are not actually suppose to come with the Drift mold (at retail) it looks like many toys, if not all, just received whichever two guns were selected when they were packed out. I understand that it is a technicality, but all we said was he would come with two guns. While we would have thought they would have come with a left and right gun, the factory did not seem to think it was necessary, and these are how these were packed out...

So, to clarify, we are not changing how the toy was intended. The toy was intended to have two swords which can be stored in the doors and two additional guns included as additional accessories, and ones that were never meant to come with this mold.

All that said, after all the product is shipped out and all figure defects (missing arms, broken pieces on the figure) are addressed, we may be able to come back to this depending on how many issues are out there. The easiest solution may be for people to bring to BotCon and exchange there. Perhaps we designate a Drift gun swap at the info booth.

For now though, we can't take any exchanges...

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 25th, 2012 10:19am CST

Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351585)
Posted by Delicon on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:18am CST
Seibertron wrote:Earlier this morning, I received an answer back from Pete at the Transformers Collectors' Club who clarified my questions about the "mix-up" with the gun/weapon accessories included with Shattered Glass Drift. Here's what he had to say:

Hi Ryan...

For now though, we can't take any exchanges...

Best!

Pete

I'll translate - this like all problems people report to us, are really not our fault. However, if you come to BotCon and spend even more with us, we MAY be willing to help you.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351591)
Posted by joevill on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:32am CST
What a fucking joke. BotFail 2012
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351593)
Posted by mattwhite924 on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:38am CST
Well, I didn't plan on ever storing the guns in the doors, so it's not that big a deal for me. But for them to try to pass the buck like that is really annoying, and the whole "we might fix it at Botcon" thing is bad as well. I can't make it to this Botcon, so if the guns did bother me then, oh well, I guess I'm just stuck with them.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351594)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:39am CST
Well, that just shows how much of a d*ck TFCC can be. I know he comes with 2 guns, but it was obviously meant to come with a left and right. #-o

Its like saying we sell figures, but never said the toy would come with a left and right fist, it can come with 2 left fists for all the sh*t we give.

Oh well, what can you expect from a company who indirectly caused fraudulent activity on your credit card.

Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351595)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:42am CST
Hmm...it appears that the entire TFCC is facing all sorts of "running issues".
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351596)
Posted by Mkall on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:42am CST
I don't buy this, I really don't.

Some Drifts came with opposite guns, and others did not. That means there were both guns made and produced. So why weren't both guns placed in the figure?

Something went wrong on the assembly line and Fun Pub's trying to sidestep it.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351597)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:43am CST
In other words, they don't really give a crap.

I'm pretty p!ssed at this news and I'm not even a member. With all these issues I'm surprised anyone is. Could you imagine if TFC's response to Heavy Labor's hip issue was "Yeah, we showed you the hips could hold Hercules up, but we never said they'd last long enough for you to get the rest of the set."

It's just plain wrong.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351598)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:49am CST
*sighs* Will the whiners here please stop for a sec, and read what I have to say?

Look, the club messed up with SG Drift. Fine, but the mistake could not be foreseen. In fact, now that I really think about and after studying my Gen. Blurr's guns up close, sorry for saying this but it's a petty thing. The guns are pretty much identical except for the tabs on either side which are used with Blurr's sniper rifle.
Since SG Drift does not have that rifle, and the smaller guns are not mentioned in the Gen. Drift assembly instructions, I'd say Fun Pub deserves some slack. I'm not saying they're completely free of guilt, just saying they're getting more thrown to them than they actually deserve.
Sending the figures back would be a logistic nightmare if you must know. Not only would they be swamped with defective figures, searching out which gun goes where, who'd want to do that, and who'd have the time? Not enough guns? A new run for the guns alone would not be worth it, big time, so I doubt Hasbro would even consider that.

Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351600)
Posted by Seibertron on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:57am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The solution they provided is pretty reasonable given the circumstances, but for those who can't come it poses a problem. My suggestion? Start a thread, maybe in the B/S/T forums, where people with two of the same guns can meet and trade. Simple, no real hassle, everybody happy.

People can post their trades right here in this topic to keep things simple.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351604)
Posted by Delicon on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:58am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:*sighs* Will the whiners here please stop for a sec, and read what I have a to say?

Look, The club messed up with SG Drift. Fine, but the mistake could not be foreseen. In fact, now that I really think about and after studying my Gen. Blurr's guns up close, sorry for saying this but it's a petty thing. The guns are pretty much identical except for the tabs on either end which are used with Blurr's sniper rifle.

The solution they provided is pretty reasonable, but for those who can't come it poses a problem. My suggestion? Start a thread, maybe in the B/S/T forums, where people with two of the same guns can meet and trade. Simple, no real hassle, everybody happy.

Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351607)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
Since the guns weren't left/right dependent for transformation they were all put in the same bin at the factory. You had equal chances of getting left & right, two lefts, and 2 rights. To me, this is like getting a bag of Good & Plenty's and there being only pink ones. Some people would complain to everyone within earshot. I'd be happy to have the candy I wanted.

It's Drift. Sword stowage is what's most important.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351610)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:08am CST
Delicon wrote:I don't know if you've ever bought anything from the Club, but the special boxes they send are not sealed and are therefore capable of being opened and inspected before they ship. Sure, it's an extra step, but considering the amount of similar issues there have been in the past, particularly with BotCon toys (the Seeker sets had all kinds of launcher issues, to name one) it really should have been done.

Again, the guns were not mentioned in the instructions, and putting in that final control step would take yet another extra step: educating the workers of the one-time divergence, key words "one-time". Such things are an extra investment, and generally not worthwhile, since, well, they're one-time.

Still better than complaining, or even worse, waiting months for the Club to fix things, wouldn't you say?
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351615)
Posted by Delicon on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:18am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Delicon wrote:

\

To clarify, I meant FunPub could do that. Given the history of such problems, many of which the general public doesn't know about because they are handled at BotCon before people even leave with their stuff, it would seem to be a wise move.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:As far as your B/S/T thread section, sure it would help some people, but how can you say it wouldn't be a hassle? Unless someone lives 5 minutes from you, there's at least some minor shipping costs and you still have to go to the trouble of finding someone to trade with.

I'm not sure what kind of rock you've been living under lately, or perhaps you got buried in the Volcano with the Ark but the TCC has had a horrible track record of customer service as of late, of which this is just the latest example. Blaming the fandom for being upset is not a class move on your part.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351620)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:27am CST
Again, I'm well aware of their track record, hence the "even worse".
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351622)
Posted by Forgotten on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:32am CST
Wow. I know it's a "minor" screw up, but it's not at the same time. If you got a Generations Blurr that had two right pistols you could easily exchange it. But since FP is not going to do something for a LIMITED COLLECTOR run of a figure that Wal-Mart, BBTS, TFSOURCE, RK, etc. would be willing to do. That's kind of a spit in the face. They need to get themselves together. I don't know if all of them have had perpetual hangovers this year or what but it needs to stop.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351627)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:57am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:What I'm saying is while it's true FunPub messed up for the upteenth time, the fandom should chill a bit. I'm not blaming anyone here, it's a simple error that can be fixed if one takes the initiative.
Again, I'm well aware of their track record, hence the "even worse".

Friend I feel you. HOWEVER, anyone that bought this, what? $60 toy took the initiative. They followed all the necessary steps and met every requirement.
1) Be a member
2) Pay the money
3) Deal with the 2 week clean up of your bank account after you fought online to even have an opportunity to buy.

MORE than enough effort has been put forth by the consumer. I feel an effort on the Club's behalf is more appropriate. I mean seriously, WE NEVER SAID IT WOULD COME WITH A LEFT AND RIGHT GUN. Really? What the hell kind of response is that? :lol:

On a side note, Overrun is awesome but I've seen evidence of him damaged and mispacked too, but not to the extent.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351632)
Posted by DISCHARGE on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:19pm CST
This is just another problem caused by overseas manufacturing. A lack of care and quality control by all parties. It sounds like they are getting pushed around by the factory and they are in turn trying to sweep it under the rug.

A nightmare of logistics to correct? No. Thousands of guns are small enough to ship in a reasonably sized box. These things can be air shipped and won't have to take the 2-3 week trip across the ocean by ship.
They are small guns. Will take no time to press, pack and ship to the U.S.
With the next club magazine(or the one after that) you include a small packet with two guns inside, one left and one right.

While I have no bad xp with BBTS, every story I've read here about a mix up usually results in the customer getting a replacement and even keeping the aforementioned mistake. Fun Pub needs to strive for this type of owning up to responsibilities. They are Hasbro's "Official Collectors Club".
Collectors don't usually collect mistakes, at least ones that are easy to duplicate (not at the prices that are being paid).

With Fun Pub being an American company their business model needs to reflect that of excellence. Their response to this debacle is wretched, it's like dealing with a greasy used car salesman. Letting them get away with this isn't going to teach them anything and the mistakes will keep happening since they don't feel any recourse. Making excuses for them will only hurt further experiences as well.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351636)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:36pm CST
If anyone wants to get a jump on the trading at botcon, shoot me a PM. I have doubles pictured like the photo (the two in the back)...need one styled like the one in the front of the photo.

Of course this is if the other style exists. Can anyone confirm getting a correct left right set?
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351637)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:37pm CST
I'm really disappointed in everyone who does not think this is a problem or who is apologizing for the Club.

Seriously, this isn't a $10 Wal Mart purchase.

This is a $60 collector's toy. When you pay for that kind of merchandise, complaining when you get incorrect parts, no matter how small the issue, is completely justified.

It's like the rush to be the most level-headed person in the room is getting in the way of the times when people should be annoyed.
Re: Shattered Glass Drift quality control issues: response from Transformers Collectors's Club (1351641)
Posted by Stumpybot on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:42pm CST
I can probably live with 2 wrong guns. The debacle to sort it is way too much hassle for me to contemplate. i'll be using 1 sword and 1 gun anyway. Im guessin this crap is because they rushed the figures out to counter the last bad PR, but thats just my opinion

But the 'guess if you bring it to botcon we may be able to sort it' line p****s me the hell off. I live in the UK, i pay a ton of money for these things and the club royally a**rapes us on the shipping fee's (and i say that as somebody that ships ebay items to the USA regularly) and the only suggestion to fix this is to spend thousands on coming to botcon. Doesnt even register that this is no use for the many fans that line their pockets from other countries. Driving a few states for botcon isnt too expensive, booking an international flight is F***ING EXPENSIVE. This kind of suggestion doesnt placate those in my position. In other words, theyre not willing to financially put themselves out, what a shock

i WAS going to come to botcon this year, i was going to spend a chunk of the inheritance i got from my late mum on coming to the show. A real once in a lifetime experience, i spent most of last year excited as hell, especially after the box set. I was going to pay for one of my best mates to join me, was going to be EPIC. But after the last 6 weeks drama i can honestly say id rather go to Autoassembly and line the pockets of people who say theyre going to do something and actually do it. My enjoyment of this fandom has taken a serious knock with all this stupidity. If the company is operating on a small budget, necessitating high fee's, substandard tech and piss poor quality control then i suggest one of two things. 1: negotiate a better deal and stop f***ing us about or 2. bring in an efficiency expert to kick them up the arse

Thanks for once again coming across as a bunch of second rate d***heads TFCC

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Triggerhappy, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars IRONHIDE Deluxe Class Figure MOC NEW Optimus Maximus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Generations Universe MOC Wheelie Legends Class Mint New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class Caliburst & Slugslinger NEW" on EBAY
Buy "LG 14 Ultra Magnus TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS TAKARA Mint Figure, No Manual, Ok Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen ROTF Legends Wheelie (No Arms)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Class ~ Decepticon TRIGGERHAPPY w/BLOWPIPE ~ Titans Return" on EBAY