Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview

Friday, June 5th, 2015 3:29am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,641

Thanks to a tip from fellow Seibertronian SW's Silverhammer, we have the iTunes sneak peek at next week's conclusion to the IDW Combiner Wars arc, in Transformers: Windblade #3! We also learn that the delay in the release of the issue is due to having artists replace the announced Sarah Stone - the pages you see below are by Marcelo Ferreira (of Angry Birds Transformers fame) and new regular for the series Corin Howell. Check them out!

FINAL BATTLE! The last of the Combiners face off… but who is in control of the ultimate combiner? And who will emerge with the key to dominating the galaxy?

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1694856)
Posted by prjkt on June 5th, 2015 @ 7:00am CDT
looking forward to reading this, see how Prime copes with being a combiner
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1694874)
Posted by Yweggo on June 5th, 2015 @ 7:40am CDT
Glad to Mensor is no longer an inarticulate rage monster.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1694897)
Posted by MrBlack on June 5th, 2015 @ 8:25am CDT
And there is Optimus Maximus, with Prime inexplicably white after last issue.

Art foibles aside, I'm interested in seeing how all this plays out, particularly where Optimus and Prowl end up by the conclusion of this. I hope that Prowl will finally see some consequences for his actions. Optimus really needs to take a step back and try to reign in his natural inclination to take charge. He is a good leader, but if he truly wants a democratic government he needs to let the people choose him rather than either impose his will through a military government (Bumblebee's mistake) or by allowing himself to be seen as a religious figure (the mistake he is making now).
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695011)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 5th, 2015 @ 12:26pm CDT
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695028)
Posted by ScottyP on June 5th, 2015 @ 1:14pm CDT
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695084)
Posted by MrBlack on June 5th, 2015 @ 3:52pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:So then...is Sarah Stone no longer with the franchise? Having a new regular artist sounds that way to me. Does anybody know what for?

Workload issue perhaps? Keeping up with a monthly can be very difficult for a lot of artists, especially as comic art has gotten more detailed in recent years.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695085)
Posted by MrBlack on June 5th, 2015 @ 3:54pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I don't like the art. No, seriously, that style could be ok, but not given how the rest of Combiner Wars has looked. In the context of this story, I passionately dislike how this looks.

Both styles are a better match to Sarah Stone's work in the first issue, but are a marked contrast to Livio Ramondelli's work on the majority of the event.

Still, I like this much more than Livio's work.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695096)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:08pm CDT

She might be back for the next miniseries. I think we can agree that, in spite of the subline, these issues of Combiner Wars haven't really been about Windblade.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695103)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:

Windblade is now an ongoing, not just a miniseries. If Stone is gone, she's gone for a while.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695106)
Posted by Va'al on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:24pm CDT
The ongoing has Corin Howell on art duties.

I am not sure what has happened to Stone, but will report if/when I find out.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695199)
Posted by sabrigami on June 5th, 2015 @ 7:05pm CDT
Va'al wrote:The ongoing has Corin Howell on art duties.

I am not sure what has happened to Stone, but will report if/when I find out.

is Corin responsible for the more cartoony pages? If so I won't complain. I love the expressions. Shame Stone bowed out though. hope she comes back someday
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695210)
Posted by TGS1985 on June 5th, 2015 @ 7:28pm CDT
Va'al wrote:The ongoing has Corin Howell on art duties.

I am not sure what has happened to Stone, but will report if/when I find out.

According to her blog/website "Monster Boys and Robots" looks like she hasn't been feeling well as of two weeks ago. Doesn't seem like anything serious but might explain her recent absence.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695308)
Posted by Va'al on June 6th, 2015 @ 3:57am CDT
TGS1985 wrote:
Va'al wrote:The ongoing has Corin Howell on art duties.

I am not sure what has happened to Stone, but will report if/when I find out.

Yeah, that's all I have on it too.

sabrigami wrote:
Va'al wrote:The ongoing has Corin Howell on art duties.

I am not sure what has happened to Stone, but will report if/when I find out.

Yes! Pages one and two of the preview are Ferreira, the Swindle one is Howell. :D
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695510)
Posted by steve2275 on June 6th, 2015 @ 4:37pm CDT
who is the right arm?
nevermind
its prowl
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695790)
Posted by luks0r on June 7th, 2015 @ 9:15pm CDT
That Bot wrote:(Swindle is) probably still alive since they need to make Bruticus eventually.

Or, he'll be the "replaced limb" for Bruticus, a la Slingshot, Wildrider, and Groove.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695854)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 8th, 2015 @ 1:28am CDT
luks0r wrote:

And then God Willing they'll make him for realsies down the line. Much as I enjoy Alpha Bravo and Offroad, their respective combiners don't mean as much to me as Bruticus does.

But this is a conversation to be had elsewhere, so I'll stop derailing before BURN sees.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695859)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 8th, 2015 @ 1:52am CDT

Also, Nemesis Maximo, that quotes probably going on my epitaph at this rate.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1695917)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 8th, 2015 @ 8:31am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Well I mean hasbro will make swindle as a toy, even if he dies; but honestly I doubt they'll kill swindle in story. It will probably be a like an allusion to Ace, I meana Thunderclash, where he has to be on life support in some form or another. Maybe he's essentially knocking on deaths door as an individual, but as part of bruticus he's doing fine.

On the other hand, he hasn't actually had any interactions with the rest of the Combaticons proper at all in the IDW comics. When they first appeared, they were part of Banzaitron's Secret Service while Swindle was...swindling...Ultra Magnus way back when.

Also, Nemesis Maximo, that quotes probably going on my epitaph at this rate.

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1696294)
Posted by Va'al on June 9th, 2015 @ 4:11am CDT
Combiner Wars is over - finished! At least, the major chunk of the IDW Publishing Transformers comics arc is, with this week's release of Windblade #3, featuring writing by Mairghread Scott, and art by Marcelo Ferreira (Angry Birds Transformers) and newcomer Corin Howell (new regular on the series, interviewed here) - check out the full preview below, and head back to Seibertron.com post-release for our review.

Transformers: Windblade—Combiner Wars #3
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sarah Stone (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
COMBINER WARS CONCLUDES!
WINDBLADE battles for CYBERTRON—and her homeworld!
The stage is set for the next era of TRANSFORMERS greatness!
Variant Hasbro Combiner Wars poster cover

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars Windblade #3 iTunes Preview (1696300)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 9th, 2015 @ 4:54am CDT
What's the official publication date?

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY