Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview

Transformers News: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview

Friday, March 14th, 2014 6:54PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 41,948

Thanks to the amazing, as usual, Mariel Romero over at IDW Publishing, we have a very very brief, to contain spoilers, iTunes preview of the upcoming finale to the Transformers crossover event Dark Cybertron! Are we ready for the ending, and the Dawn of the Autobots? Check it out below.

IT GETS EVEN BIGGER! Okay we lied when we were talking about last issue… but this issue is as big as they come. It’s all come down to this moment—every scheme, every lie, every moment of heroism, every relationship, every rivalry… if CYBERTRON falls, so falls the universe!

Credit(s): iTunes, Mariel Romero

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557662)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 14th, 2014 @ 7:56pm CDT
DAMMIT WHIRL! You've done it again!
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557667)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:40pm CDT
I think I see Generations Arcee.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557686)
Posted by Joetx on March 14th, 2014 @ 11:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I think I see Generations Arcee.

I'm hoping that if we get a Generations Arcee, it will be the form prior to her getting a new body.

Besides, she's not pink anymore. AIPNR (Arcee is pink, not red) :D
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557705)
Posted by Henry921 on March 15th, 2014 @ 3:55am CDT
Joetx wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I think I see Generations Arcee.

Besides, she's not pink anymore. AIPNR (Arcee is pink, not red) :D

I agree wholeheartedly. I really liked her previous IDW/WFC design.

Unfortunately, there wouldn't be much reason to rebuild her unless it was to better fit the toy design. :-(
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557752)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 15th, 2014 @ 2:25pm CDT
I honestly like this design, if only because it reminds me of spotlight arcee's body. Granted I only like that one because of the head design, the hollow cheeks look cool in my opinion.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557754)
Posted by Va'al on March 15th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CDT
I won't news this, but MTMTE #27 has the full reveal of Arcee's new body, and a quick explanation.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557758)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 15th, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
That's gotta be the new Generations Arcee toy, but... why is she so reddish?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but with her colors leaning more towards red instead of pink, it's gonna have every Geewunner and their mothers whining about it till Armageddon. :P
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557764)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 15th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
I like the red, not because i'm anti G1 pink or anything like that, but I think it works well. :D
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557878)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 16th, 2014 @ 7:57am CDT
Well that certainly was a brief preview. :P

I really did like the original IDW Arcee design, but I can see how that'd be unfeasible as a toy. This new design looks like a happy medium between a traditional G1 and the previous IDW ones.

As for the colour, I wouldn't say it's terrible. It's kind of a peach colour, and is more subtle than a bright, Barbie-pink.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1557968)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 16th, 2014 @ 3:28pm CDT
Still, imagine the geenwhining fanrage the toy's deco might incite. :lol:

"Peenk not Redd!" :-B
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale (DC 12) Preview (1558751)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 19th, 2014 @ 12:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Still, imagine the geenwhining fanrage the toy's deco might incite. :lol:

"Peenk not Redd!" :-B

We all know it will get a pink repaint, like pretty much every other Arcee homage before.

And we don't have to imagine them complaining, this is a fandom in which there will always be someone who'll complain. Even if Hasbro made a ultra poseable, super detailed, slavishly cartoon accurate G1 Arcee and gave it away for free, someone would call it the downfall of the franchise and the worst thing since Hitler.

I like this new design, it's basically a friendlier and less crazy version of her original IDW design, while retaining the sharp edges and corners I liked about that one.

Ending Soon On eBay

NOSECONE LOOSE From COMPUTRON Box Set Transformers Combiner Wars Generation G2 - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 13 minutes 21 seconds
BREAKAWAY + THROTTLE Transformers Titans Return Generations Deluxe Getaway New - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 17 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus Spike Only - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 27 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Titan Class Cerebros ONLY - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 28 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legends Lot Soundwave Smokescreen Windrazor +++ - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 37 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers WFC Generations Optimus Prime VOYAGER Scale by ITF New DJCA - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 56 minutes
Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 56 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 1980-1982 HOUND loose figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 4 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #166 - Toy Fair 2017