Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail

Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail

Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 12:43pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,884

We have good news for fans. Cyberverse Spark Armor Battle Class Shockwave and Ratchet have been found at US retail. Specifically, Target in Colorado. These are around scout sized and, unlike the majority of that line's toys, are not simplified. Their only gimmick is that you can attach armor onto them, similar to the Siege gimmick, and this armor is compatible with Siege toys.
This particular sighting was found by user Fc203 who posted on our forums.

If ever you find him as well, please let fans know in your state's (or country's) sightings forum. You can also insert the sighting in our sightings section.

If you find a toy you think no one else reported yet, please contact us by clicking here.

Transformers News: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail

Credit(s): Fc203

Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035123)
Posted by Archforce on August 20th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CDT
So, I'm kinda in love with this Shockwave. :D Then again, I love all of the Cyberverse Shockwaves for different reasons. For this one, it's A.) the removable arm cannon with a fist underneath B.) the fact that this one has a cable connecting said arm cannon to his back and C.) the fact that his spark armor gives me heavy Shockblast vibes (who has one of the best Shockwave heads and color schemes, IMO).
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035129)
Posted by Seibertron on August 20th, 2019 @ 4:44pm CDT
I like that the accessories for the Spark Armor figures (as in the "spark armor" itself) all seem to homage past Titan Master vehicles from Titans Return, other characters, or other vehicles from past lines. Nice to see those concepts appear elsewhere. :)
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035136)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 20th, 2019 @ 6:16pm CDT
I'm hoping i find that Ratchet!
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035165)
Posted by Emerje on August 21st, 2019 @ 2:32am CDT

Emerje
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035245)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 21st, 2019 @ 7:03pm CDT
Emerje wrote:It sucks that Walmart seems to be passing on the Spark Armor figures in favor of moving those old loose Titan Guardian figures from a box on the shelf to hanging them on the pegs as if visibility was why they weren't selling well. Just put them on clearance already, nobody wants them anymore! :roll:

Emerje

I agree with this.

My walmart hasn't had Cyberverse for months, and doesn't appear to be stocking now. They only have the deluxes of Siege and SS, and the voyagers of Siege, that is it besides those stupid titan guardians (and there are a lot)
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035330)
Posted by Stargrave on August 22nd, 2019 @ 10:38am CDT
Just in from zoidiect on YouTube is a video review of the new Transformers Cyberverse Power of the Spark Spark Armor Shockwave with Solar Shot. zoidiect shows the transformation, how the armor fits on Shockwave, and how he stacks up next to Cyberverse Gnaw. Many fans have made the comparison of this upgraded Shockwave to some of his prior incarnations, and the use of a satellite for his sidekick certainly harkens back to his Transformers Energon version. Enjoy the view and let us know your thoughts in the forum. Stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news.
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035353)
Posted by Stargrave on August 22nd, 2019 @ 12:59pm CDT
Sometimes I think of Shockwave as the Batman of Transformers.
He seems like the kind of person who would have some mnemonically blocked file full of countermeasures to kill every single Cybertronian if ever the need arose.
The kind of guy who shows up to meetings on time only when it conveniences his purposes.
He’s busy with his own stuff but he’s part of a team.
Cold, calculating, looks great in dark colors, horns on his head.

Get this guy a cape and a childhood born vendetta against crime and you’ve got Cybertronian Batman aka Bruce Shockwayne.
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035354)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 22nd, 2019 @ 1:09pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:Sometimes I think of Shockwave as the Batman of Transformers.
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035365)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 22nd, 2019 @ 6:35pm CDT
Shocky looks pretty dang cool! This must be the year of the shockwave, and also the year of the armored up shockwave!

Still think Ratchet will be the one from this size class I will pick up though, for now
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035622)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 24th, 2019 @ 4:52pm CDT
Let's talk Cyberverse. 2 figures specifically.

first up, Sky Byte.

This guy is a fantastic little dude! The robot mode is really enjoyable and despite the lack of a head swivel, he poses as much as I would hope he could. The colors are really nice too, with some decent paint. The transformation is effective and the shark mode is awesome. I'm surprised at how good the shark mode is and how well it all works out, well done!

The drone is also cool. the drill bit fits over his fist, so you get a pretty awesome claw/drill double punch. And the dividing up of the drone works out really nice. I love it!

Overall, he is great. i didn't plan to get him, but I saw him at Target today and decided to give him a try, and he was much better than i thought he would be. I like him more than Cheetor. Gives me confidence in how much I will enjoy Ratchet.

And the other Cyberverse figure of the day: Grimlock. I saw him again today, and third times the charm. Wow is he awesome.

Given he is twice as much as Sky Byte, I am surprised at how much larger he is, and how it isn't the result of weak plastic or hollowness. He is pretty filled out, and he has really good posability too.

The robot mode is the strongest mode, and it kills. He is big and intimidating, has a great head, awesome arms, and that super stomp thing is really cool. The colors are sweet! Transformation is pretty different with the way the legs work and the dino mode is cool, though I wish the front had a bit more color breakup, but that's minor.

He is definitely worth the money. he is a better toy than the PotP Grimlock for sure, and they were both around the same price, and he is bigger.

He is good, get him if you can.

And with that, I have 3 Cyberverse figures. I'd say Cheetor is the weakest of the 3, but all 3 are pretty good, and a definite increase in quality and fun over the original cyberverse figures. Now to wait out Ratchet and the Scraplet!

Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035879)
Posted by william-james88 on August 26th, 2019 @ 12:28pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Let's talk Cyberverse. 2 figures specifically.

I loved every minute of reading this. Very glad you got the figures and even more glad that you enjoyed them. It's really as you say it, what is so great about skybyte is that he actually works as well as one would hope for a toy that big (I really like how everything ends up in the back).
And for Grimlock, it's just how massive he looks at that price without him being simplified as other toys have been for that price. I am very glad you also appreciated the variation on the transformation scheme they gave him. That meant a lot to me, it means they werent phoning it in, even for a line that might not get as much attention.
When fans ridicule the line and say today's kids deserve better, this guy is a good counterargument.
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035881)
Posted by Stargrave on August 26th, 2019 @ 12:42pm CDT
I’m totally guilty of disregarding RiD and this line or these types of younger themed lines as just phoned in and automatically lower quality but this time it really seems different.

I mean with Cheetor and Sky Byte and Jetfire, the cleverness in these transformations despite the economy of cost/materials, it is all really impressive to me. The attention to the detail on this Grimlock’s face and how his action feature works is undeniably appealing and just plain cool.

If I wasn’t so obsessed with Siege and had more funds I’d grab these in a heartbeat. You guys have sold me on them. If you get bored with them I have a good forever home waiting for them :lol:
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2035919)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 26th, 2019 @ 6:23pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Let's talk Cyberverse. 2 figures specifically.

Oh man Will, these are the figures we have needed from this line from the beginning. Sky Byte is so good, and he is perfect for his size. A bigger figure with similar engineering would be good too! He is ridiculously fun.

and I wholly agree with Grimlock. He is massive, but not really simplified, and he is durable as hell. that is a solid $30 toy. He is frikkin fantastic.

And the best part? Since I got them Saturday, they have been the figures I keep playing with! The siege and selects figure have been secondary to how much fun these 2 are.
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2036170)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 28th, 2019 @ 7:01pm CDT
GRIMLOCK.... SMASH!!!!

Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2036173)
Posted by Stargrave on August 28th, 2019 @ 7:13pm CDT
YES! ;)^ love that!
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2036357)
Posted by Stargrave on August 30th, 2019 @ 2:40am CDT
Thanks to an update to Previews World we have an image and description of the upcoming wave 5 assortment for the Cyberverse line. Here we have a repacking of wave 1 Shockwave with wave cannon attack, Jetfire with sky surge attack, a retooling of wave 1 Bumblebee with a new Hive Swarm rocket attack, and Drift with swing slash attack.

Here's the product description from Previews World:

"From Hasbro Toy Group. Take on the galaxy with Transformers Cyberverse Warriors! Each 4 1/2-inch robot has a swell disguise based with awesome features and amazing alternate modes. Collect Optimus Prime, Shockwave, Drift, Jetfire, and Bumblebee!"

No word on Optimus being included in this wave but hey, he's always there in spirit, or spark, as the case (assortment) may be.

Here's the image from Previews World:

And here's some new official product images for Drift, Jetfire, and this current version of Bumblebee:

Share your thoughts in the forum and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2036424)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 30th, 2019 @ 3:37pm CDT
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2036429)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2019 @ 4:14pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Just found Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet at Target. I haven't messed around with any Cyberverse figures yet, so I wondering how good the quality of them is. Mostly asking because I was thinking about grabbing Ratchet, but the figures are a bit on the small side and I'd rather not spend $15 on something that isn't that great of quality

It's the same quality as Ttans Return legends figures. A bit bigger than those. And the armour being 5$ extra means the pack's price is right on the mark.
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2036448)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 30th, 2019 @ 5:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Alright, thanks ;)^
Re: Spark Armor Shockwave and Ratchet Found at US Retail (2036466)
Posted by bacem on August 31st, 2019 @ 12:05am CDT
definitely interested in warrior class jetfire. tough i will wait for in-hand image to confirm if his neck rotate or not. because aside from that one part, all the minimum requirement for articulation seems to be met already.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Transformers Bumble Spud Playskool Bumblebee 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Bumblebee 10-inch Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY