Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images

Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images

Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 4:44am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 50,846

Ready for some more Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber prototype images? Thanks once more to Weibo user 北马伊斯力, we get a look at two pages from the Masterpiece Guide (released today), featuring even more shots of the Autobot leader - and maybe suggesting extra features. Take a look below!

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Weibo 北马伊斯力

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594856)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 30th, 2014 @ 5:02am CDT
@ Saberblade

Brave module is included. Your fears averted.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594870)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on July 30th, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594871)
Posted by mazingaspidey on July 30th, 2014 @ 7:16am CDT
Hmmm doesn't appear to retain the brainmaster feature despite having Saber in the cockpit. That's a bummer... at least I have my original :grin: :grin:
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594890)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:@ Saberblade

Brave module is included. Your fears averted.
:???: :???: :???:

Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:Never understood the appeal of Star Saber. He's super cool don't get me wrong, and maybe I'll think differently when I see painted prototypes, but I never watched Masterforce so I don't feel any connection to the Saber character.
He was in Victory, not Masterforce.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594912)
Posted by Super Megatron on July 30th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT

The appeal to Star Saber is:

1. He's an asskicking no-nonsense swordsman and warrior.
2. He doesn't die every second episode.
3. Aesthetically, he's one of the coolest transformers ever made.
4. Heavily armed gunships is better than a Semi or Winnebago any day, especially in a war.

QED
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594915)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 30th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:@ Saberblade

Brave module is included. Your fears averted.

Like Powermaster Prime he is a 3-step:

1. Yuuki no Brain (Brain of Courage)
2. Saber
3. Star Saber

I see the Brain in the cockpit, but I can't tell if the gimmick is present.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594916)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
Super Megatron wrote:

The appeal to Star Saber is:

1. He's an asskicking no-nonsense swordsman and warrior.
2. He doesn't die every second episode.
3. Aesthetically, he's one of the coolest transformers ever made.

QED

I too once asked about the appeal of Star Saber as a character:
I get that he looks cool and did some cool things, but what's the appeal of Star Saber, personality-wise? He just seems like an after-school role model who never makes mistakes (and therefore doesn't learn from them) and is practically perfect in every way. Not exactly a three-dimensional guy.

The ending theme even sings about how he never misbehaved as a child. :P

And got the following answers from folks who find him appealing:
He's the only Autobot who's somebody's dad, which is kind of interesting.
Adopted and raised a human child on his own is pretty unique really for an Autobot leader. It just hasn't been developed very deeply in anything I've read. Combine that with him being a tiny bot who expands several times to "Leader" size and there's a lot of potential for him to be cool there. If he showed up in a US book as a non-Villian he could rock.
For me the appeal is the design. A Masterpiece Star Saber (and especially Victory Saber) would really pop on a shelf.
uper bad@$$ best swordsman in the galaxy space hero robot is someone's dad! The first part is the selling point. The second is the texture that gives him some character.
He's a super robot heroic leader. They're not really about depth. You could say the same thing about most versions of Optimus Prime. This character-type gets texture more than depth in kids programming.

here his texture is adoptive father. It's something a least.

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594920)
Posted by Va'al on July 30th, 2014 @ 10:16am CDT
..in which he is a twisted, religious fanatic, acting as hand for a genocidal maniac (and quite keen on Genocide himself).

So pick your traits, there's enough to please a good part of fandom. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594944)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 30th, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT

Haven't even seen what it looks like in goddamn technicolor, and I want it so badly... what's his predicted release date, again?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594956)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 30th, 2014 @ 11:39am CDT
This guy is going to be so epic.

Shut up and take my preorder!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594969)
Posted by guarayakha on July 30th, 2014 @ 12:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I guess the fatherhood aspect really is a big part of his character appeal. Though, this bit of Q&A occurred before he appeared in the IDW comics as a zealot.

Also he drinks tea.

nuff' said.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594973)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
guarayakha wrote:He has the coolest 1st ep intro in all 3 Japanese g1 cartoon, spaghetti western style :michaelbay:
That clip was pretty cool... till the characters started talking, which killed it.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594974)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 30th, 2014 @ 12:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

^ This.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594975)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2014 @ 12:39pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

^ This.
Hideyuki Tanaka FTW!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1594999)
Posted by Darkrenegade1 on July 30th, 2014 @ 1:24pm CDT
I like it, It is quite Gundam like in a way. Although I have never heard of this character until they announced it becoming a masterpiece. I really like the look of this beast. its looks intimidating, in such a way as to say "Do not dare even think of locking in hand to hand combat with me, you would have no chance to survive another day." I could be jumping the gun on that last part. still, I am more than ready for this piece to enter my home. only time will tell when we start seeing painted versions. :BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1595002)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 30th, 2014 @ 1:28pm CDT
guarayakha wrote:

Also he drinks tea.

nuff' said.

That was amazing. Aside from the voice acting- I mean, I'd heard the Victory dub was bad, but not THAT bad..
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1595014)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
Here are two other clips, this time with the right voices:

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1595122)
Posted by Powered Convoy on July 30th, 2014 @ 7:58pm CDT
some hi-res scans, I got my copy in this afternoon.
http://www.allspark.com/content/2014/07 ... ial-guide/

Randy
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1595165)
Posted by shajaki on July 30th, 2014 @ 10:21pm CDT
thanks for the high res scans!

i may have previously said this figure was looking flat, lacking in detail. but those alt modes look model'esq actually. im quite impressed. i have yet to pass on an MP and i wont be starting with this one!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Additional Prototype Images (1595204)
Posted by Convoy on July 30th, 2014 @ 11:31pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:@ Saberblade Brave module is included. Your fears averted.

Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:Never understood the appeal of Star Saber... I never watched Masterforce so I don't feel any connection to the Saber character.

I love it. It reminds me of the time Kirk saved Darth Vader on the Serenity from Dr. Who with a generational Star Gate.

Sabrblade wrote:I too once asked about the appeal of Star Saber as a character.

Isn't that kind of like the Fusion Canon asking about the appeal of Megatron as a character, Sabrblade?

What other secrets will be revealed on the internet by this book?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia NEW! SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - War For Cybertron Kingdom Trilogy Leader Class Megatron(Beast)" on EBAY
Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2003 T-Shirt XL Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe Chromia Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, MIB" on EBAY