TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010

TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 12:58pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 27,867

Were you looking forward to your free Transformers Collectors' Club membership figure arriving at your door step soon? Well it looks like you're going to get what you've asked for, as we've got an announcement that Elite Guard Dion will be arriving in May. Whether you were waiting for your free figure, or have bought additional Dion's from the TFCC Club Store, Brian Savage has the following to say...

Here is an update on this years FREE membership exclusive Dion: In March we announced that this item was scheduled to ship at the end of April. Though we are often leery of giving even "scheduled" specific dates, we felt confident that they would be on time.

However, as can be the case very often in this industry, the shipping schedule was changed due to constraints at the factory. At one point they had pushed us six weeks, but we were able to work with the factory and are pleased that they agreed to ship them from China by the end of next week.

The simple translation is this: Dion SHOULD start being mailed out next month, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, they SHOULD all be en route to the entire membership by the end of May.

We are very excited to get this great figure to all of you just as quickly as possible and thank you again for your patience.

Thanks,

Brian

So there we have it, look forward to your orange and blue Autobot to be in your collection by the end of May.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Brian Savage

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 2:43pm CDT

Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066572)
Posted by The Legend on April 21st, 2010 @ 1:14pm CDT
I didn't receive Heatwave until about August last year. Early June doesn't seem that bad.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066575)
Posted by Mkall on April 21st, 2010 @ 1:27pm CDT
--B-- wrote:Hopefully they will pad that particular blow with, oh I dunno

NEWS THAT REGISTRATION IS FINALLY FREAKIN OPEN, OR MAYBE WHEN IT MAY BE OPEN?!?!?!?

:oops: Sorry bout that, it's kinda bugging me.

Me too.

And yes, I left it big and red for a reason.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066584)
Posted by Tirade on April 21st, 2010 @ 2:03pm CDT
I'm not surprised to hear this. For ever 2 steps forward, the club seems to take about 3 steps back. I keep hearing about change (online registration and keeping to deadlines), but I have yet to see it. While I know I won't be going to Botcon this year, I'm shocked registration hasn't started yet. That is ludicrous. And whatever happened to the talk about online registration? In this day and age, you shouldn't have to fax in registration for Botcon.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066585)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 21st, 2010 @ 2:04pm CDT
Editor wrote:Hey, It's a free figure, and honestly it gets here when it gets here. As long as it does ship to fulfill that I get all I was promised for renewing, then all is good.

As much as I'm willing to defend the Club pricing and Club practices (excluding their communication and outreach), I have to say that the figure is 100% NOT free.

Prior to going to BotCon and getting the discount, I joined the Club to get the figure. That figure costs a minimum of $40 and there are some magazines that come to me every two months that take the place of packaging for him.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066587)
Posted by prmlove1 on April 21st, 2010 @ 2:10pm CDT
I am not to worried about it. I look forward to getting the figure but right now I would rather know when I can register for Botcon and what the other figures will be. BTW, I am hoping we get RID Scourge as Clench/Colossus instead of the Universe Onslaught (I have 2 versions already)mold. One more thing? when is Hasbro shipping the ROTF Ravage figure?
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066591)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on April 21st, 2010 @ 2:28pm CDT
I just called Fun Pub and got a "within two weeks" statement about registration. I swear I will be immensely pissed if they do it this weekend. I'll be Canada on a trip with zero access to the internet.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066592)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 21st, 2010 @ 2:32pm CDT
Email update:

Thanks,

Brian
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066598)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 21st, 2010 @ 3:04pm CDT
prmlove1 wrote:BTW, I am hoping we get RID Scourge as Clench/Colossus instead of the Universe Onslaught (I have 2 versions already)mold.

Although that would also work, and I've seen that suggested before, I think you're forgetting that RID Scourge is just a repaint of Laser Optimus Prime, often considered the last and best of the G2 toyline. Since the Botcon set is G2 themed, using that mold to represent someone other than Op wouldn't really make sense, and makes an Onslaught repaint all the more likely. That'd make Onslaught even with Universe Silverbolt, who got 2 repaints into different characters that work well (even if "Skyfall" looks a little more like pre-Predacon Divebomb than a Cyberjet).

And did Ebay news threads just get cancelled for some reason? That one about Vroom seems to have disappeared while I was reading this thread.

As for Dion, he's the one club exclusive I'd have no interest in if I wasn't paying for the magazine anyway, so he can take his time. It's a step up from the Wheelie repaint, but the Universe Hot Shot mold, like the triple-changers, was just sort of a lateral move instead of any improvement over his original toy. His back-kibble's flimsy and obtrusive, and the bio on his card is the only reason I forgave him for likely killing any plans for an Animated Hot-Shot (with flaming hands and removable legs) on the drawing table. Well, that toy would've gotten scrapped by now anyway.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066600)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on April 21st, 2010 @ 3:09pm CDT
It's all good to me, as long as I get him. I just got my City Commander Trailer Upgrade so I'm pretty stoked about that, Dion to me is just an added bonus. Come on Generations release timeframe.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066608)
Posted by LiKwid on April 21st, 2010 @ 3:52pm CDT
I about had a heart attack when I checked my email when I got home from work..I saw the TFCC email and I about spilled mah beverage, I thought it was going to say registration was open and I've been at work all day and not able to check email..As long as Dion get's here before the next club exclusivbe is announced i'm cool...

Hurry up with the damn registration :-x :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066659)
Posted by mechabooks on April 21st, 2010 @ 6:14pm CDT
I'm not worried at all. I'll just be happy when it arrives. :D
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066737)
Posted by Nekoman on April 21st, 2010 @ 10:08pm CDT
I would have liked to read this on the TFCC forums, but I guess they don't like talking to their customers much.

Blech. :-|
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066745)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 21st, 2010 @ 11:28pm CDT
I'll say it now, we'll see P/CP before we see Dion. Seeing as how they "rushed" the factory do ya think the quality control is going to be screwed up? I do.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066750)
Posted by Savage on April 21st, 2010 @ 11:42pm CDT
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1066904)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on April 22nd, 2010 @ 12:25pm CDT
Savage wrote:I'm too frustrated over the lack of BotCon info to care about a Dion delay. He's a free figure, he'll get here when he gets here.

No frustration over BotCon (I'd be happy to get my hands on a repaint of U2.0 Prowl, as I now feel it was a mistake to pass on that one), but I'm with you on Dion. I'm getting him as part of the membership; he'll be here when he'll be here. (Don't they normally hit around May/Juneish, anyway? If I'm remembering this right, there's nothing to complain about.)
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1067331)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 12:19pm CDT
I'm not worried about when I will get it because its a lame exclusive anyways
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1067910)
Posted by ligiermirage on April 25th, 2010 @ 11:27am CDT
This is my first(and probably only) time I joined the club. I had no idea that fun pubs was known for delays. This pisses me off because I wanted the figure so badly. I mean, other than the toy, you're pretty much spending forty bucks on 6 small magazines, and discounts. Also, I wanted this mold so much because I never had the original hot shot when I was little, and the U.S version does not have the flamethrowers that the Japanese version has.
Re: TFCC Exclusive Dion To Be Shipped in May 2010 (1069701)
Posted by ligiermirage on April 30th, 2010 @ 10:51pm CDT
Even though I know he will arrive, It tugs at my heart that he takes so frickin long to get here. He looks so cool. :sad:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise FRACTURE One Step Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY