Saturday, March 27th, 2010 3:05pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 29,991

We received a status update on the Club exclusive figures earlier today from Pete Sinclair of BotCon. Here's what he had to say ...

Pete@BotCon wrote:As of 12 noon today, less than 24 hours after we announced pre-orders, we are now over 50% sold through of the Punch/Counterpunch. Just as amazing, Cyclonus is at 40% sold through.

Both are exceeding expectations and we want to thank those at Seibertron, who are also likely club members, for pre-ordering these amazing toys! Your support enables us to continue to bring you great TCC exclusives!

Thanks again!

You can pre-order your figures by using the links below. Please note, if you were a member of the club as of March 16th, 2010, you will automatically receive Dion as part of your club membership.

Shattered Glass Cyclonus

Classics Punch / Counterpunch

2010 Club Exclusive Dion

Credit(s): Pete Sinclair - Master Collector / BotCon

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 27th, 2010 3:23pm CDT

Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058728)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 27th, 2010 @ 3:35pm CDT
I'm pretty shocked by the sales numbers so far! I figured they'd go quick but not this quick.
:BOT:
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058729)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 27th, 2010 @ 3:46pm CDT
Have they posted pictures of Punch/Counterpunch in robot mode yet?
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058730)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2010 @ 3:46pm CDT
Supreme Convoy wrote:Have they posted pictures of Punch/Counterpunch in robot mode yet?

Not yet.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058756)
Posted by LiKwid on March 27th, 2010 @ 5:06pm CDT
I wish you could do a pick up at the actual club. Where they are located is only a few hours away and I have friends there as well..Would be nice to just be able to pick it up and see my buds too....Oh well..It's wierd how they don't offer combinable shipping..I would think that would be mandatory at most online retailers..Then again they are just now getting online registration for botcon 8-}
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058759)
Posted by Geekee1 on March 27th, 2010 @ 5:17pm CDT
^Try Collecting Masters of the Universe Classics. If you have a subscription, but want to buy extras regularly you can't combine shipping, and that happens every month. Mattel is run by bad bad people.

Ordered 2 P/CP's and one Cyclonus. A couple of days earlier than I wanted to, but I don't want to miss out on these.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058785)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 27th, 2010 @ 7:06pm CDT
I have a feeling of concern over not seeing more than a possibly photo-shopped image of P/CP in vehicle mode and I was not thrilled about paying for a pre-order upfront. Neither feeling deterred me from ordering P/CP. Soon I will have an Idol of the greatest poster in Siebertron history. It shall have a position of prominence on my mantle of honor.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058794)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 27th, 2010 @ 7:57pm CDT
Protecticus Maximus wrote:I just joined the club before the deadline, and I only needed 1 Dion. But if the pre-orders sell out, and I don't preorder cyclonus and P/CP, does that mean that's it? Or will they produce a few afterwards? Cause I don't know if a "pre-order" means a figure or if it just will give you the first ones. And if 20% allready sold out...... #-o :???:

I would second this question, considering that they never ran out of Airazor or Astrotrain.
Also. Doesn't it seem fishy that they set up a pre-order for a toy you haven't even seen yet? AND you have to pay for it now rather than later... Also, these guys F-A-I-L at head designs which is the main feature of said toy.

My conclusion:
It's a SCAM!!!
Chances are that the head is either junk or non existent. And the "50% sold out" is probably bull**** just to get people to buy the darn thing!

And, for those of you whom think I don't have a right to an opinion. I am a member and I have bought Airazor and Astrotrain and am enjoying at least one of them. I've bought Fan Toys, I pre-ordered Ultra Magnus, Defender and the Crossfire sets! I buy overpriced Japanese Armored Core and Gundam figures for God's sake!

But one thing I've never done is buy anything I havent seen before I paid for it. It isn't just about the money.

No see head, no buy toy. Simple as that.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058802)
Posted by Forgotten on March 27th, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
I have no desire for Dion or Cyclonus, they just don't do it for me. But if the spare funds become available I would love to have that Counterpunch seeing as I don't have any version of that mold. :KREMZEEK: LOVE THE KREMZEEK
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058803)
Posted by TFBuyer on March 27th, 2010 @ 8:35pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:No see head, no buy toy. Simple as that.

Seriously??? I don't think I've ever NOT bought a toy just because of the head sculpt. I mean, really--how badly could they have farkled this thing up to make it not worth the pre-order?!?!? This is a sweet exclusive! Besides, we already know the mold itself is solid.

Pre-order! No like head, display in alt mode!! :D
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058804)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 27th, 2010 @ 8:47pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote: Soon I will have an Idol of the greatest poster in Siebertron history. It shall have a position of prominence on my mantle of honor.

My ego just leveled up AND gained a Prestige Class. :D
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058808)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 27th, 2010 @ 9:04pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:

My conclusion:
It's a SCAM!!!

No see head, no buy toy. Simple as that.

Air Razor and Astrotrain were the first club exclusives they did. Obviously they overestimated how many people would buy these figures. Try getting either of the second round of exclusives. Nightbeat and the Seacons are totally sold out.

As for paying for a preorder up front, doesn't TFSource do that? If they don't now they at least used to. I've never felt shafted by the club at all. They put out quality figures and I've never been disappointed in any of the Botcons I've gone to. These preorders are not a scam.

Oh, and you totally have a right to an opinion.. I just don't agree with your opinion.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058810)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2010 @ 9:23pm CDT
The only Club exclusive figure I was bummed with was Astrotrain ... and that's because it had a crappy head. It was also the only one that had a crappy head though one could argue that Nightbeat's head was a bit of a disappointment due to the lack of antennae, but it wasn't a deal breaker for sure. All of the convention exclusives have looked great as well. We've also seen the design for the head so assuming they get the sculpt right from the design, we should be golden.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058816)
Posted by Geekee1 on March 27th, 2010 @ 9:50pm CDT
I actually really like that Astrotrain.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058821)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2010 @ 10:14pm CDT
Geekee1 wrote:I actually really like that Astrotrain.

Really? His eyes are so f'ed up though!

Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058823)
Posted by Jenus on March 27th, 2010 @ 10:15pm CDT
I'm really happy I was able to order two Punch/Counterpunch's this morning so I can display one in both factions.

Also, I was wonder how many are they actually making?
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058826)
Posted by Geekee1 on March 27th, 2010 @ 10:26pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Geekee1 wrote:I actually really like that Astrotrain.

Really? His eyes are so f'ed up though!

I don't know man, it works for me though. I think it's more that I like the overall figure and not just the headsculpt. I can see where you're coming from.

And it looks like P/CP is somewhere around 1600 figures, going from various posts.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058827)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2010 @ 10:30pm CDT
Geekee1 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Geekee1 wrote:I actually really like that Astrotrain.

Really? His eyes are so f'ed up though!

Astrotrain's definitely not the worst. I was just bummed how the actual sculpt came out. If you look at the original design of his head, it looks much, much better.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058832)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2010 @ 11:03pm CDT
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058836)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 27th, 2010 @ 11:29pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Does anyone have a scan of what Astrotrain's head was supposed to look like from the Club comic? I can't find an image of it on Google images. Perhaps one of you have the image?

I'm not sure there was something like that. Originally, Space Warp (the unproduced Armada toy that Astrotrain was made off of) had Jetfire's head.

and...I went ahead and ordered a 3rd. It had to be done.
Re: TFCC exclusives SG Cyclonus 40% sold and Punch / Counterpunch 50% sold in first 24 hours (1058837)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2010 @ 11:30pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

and...I went ahead and ordered a 3rd. It had to be done.

It's a design drawing, similar to the one for Punch / Counterpunch. I've got 2 ordered ... I was tempted for 3, but couldn't do it. I may sell one but I had to have two for the gallery.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY