RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?!

RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?!

Saturday, March 27th, 2010 4:31pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Savage   Views: 49,306

Sadly, it does look like a possibility. Reports are coming in confirming that Toys R Us Japan has cancelled their preorders for Unite For The Universe Prime and Megatron. Speculation persists that the Jetfire add-on piece for Voyager Prime may still make it to the market eventually, but when or in what form is still unknown. Keep your eyes on Seibertron.com for more updates on this developing story and all your other TransFormers needs!

Credit(s): Toys R Us Japan

This article was last modified on Monday, March 29th, 2010 1:28pm CDT

Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058741)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 27th, 2010 @ 4:35pm CDT
This is excellent Germain news.

Really though, that sucks because this set is looking pretty sweet.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058752)
Posted by Alex Jones on March 27th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
Slightly disappointed considering that this looks to be the better repaints of Prime. On the otherhand, this Voyager mold is not selling like hot cakes. Also I wonder if it is wise to release this version of Prime while releasing a new Voyager mold a few months later. I am more disappointed that Megatron is also canceled.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058762)
Posted by Autobot Strider on March 27th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CDT
Hmm, I never saw the Megatron toy, where there pics available?

As for the cancellation of Prime... well I'm not really suprised. I'm sure anyone who wants the Voyager mold already has it, since it's been released so many times. I would certainly consider picking up the Jetfire-parts add-on for my ROTF V-ger Prime, but I have a hard time believing that it would be sold seperately.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058763)
Posted by Megazarak on March 27th, 2010 @ 5:34pm CDT
Even if the regular Voyager Primes aren't selling too well (probably because they've made so many with barely a difference in the decoes), I'd think that if they kept the Voyager price and just added the Jetfire parts it would help sell them quite a bit more than just the regular Primes. Also, the first Megatron was painted with some weird green colour, I'm pretty sure this version of him would definitely sell a lot more. Shame if they have been cancelled (assuming this affects the Hasbro version, if there ever was one), I was looking forward to getting both of them.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058765)
Posted by Blurrz on March 27th, 2010 @ 5:47pm CDT
Autobot Strider wrote:Hmm, I never saw the Megatron toy, where there pics available?

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ron/17880/
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058799)
Posted by Forgotten on March 27th, 2010 @ 8:24pm CDT
I certainly will not shed any tears over the Primefire figure. But I was looking forward to getting another Megatron. :KREMZEEK:
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058812)
Posted by Zyborg on March 27th, 2010 @ 9:40pm CDT
That sucks!!! I was waiting to buy this Prime.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058847)
Posted by yellow Camaro on March 28th, 2010 @ 2:00am CDT
Too bad... I hope to see the Jetfire add-on sold separately, or remolded for the new Voyager mold :BANG_HEAD:
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058849)
Posted by Mechastrike on March 28th, 2010 @ 2:44am CDT
well this sucks. i was looking forward for Optimus w/ a trailer. might as well stick to my Classics.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058901)
Posted by ang3l3s on March 28th, 2010 @ 10:38am CDT
Well that's just great, i was wanting that megatron but thats gone to hell, why couldn't they just cancel the jetfire mistake instead??
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058915)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on March 28th, 2010 @ 11:47am CDT
What!?
No!! Don't cancel Jet-Optimus!
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058934)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 28th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
Wait...what?

They're being canceled too?

What the heck is going on lately?

Hasbro might be axing Animated, Takara might be axing these guys, what gives??

I don't remember ever hearing both companies canceling something at the same time.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1058937)
Posted by Grahf on March 28th, 2010 @ 2:20pm CDT
It doesn't bother me one bit. I've already painted one if my Megs in that color scheme anyway. I would like the Jetfire pieces, but I can easily live without them.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1059302)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 29th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
Slightly disappointing, as I was thinking of picking up the Megatron, but I can live without it. Maybe they'll finally give us a good Megatron for TF3.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1060075)
Posted by Mach on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:06am CDT
As we have reported before that the possible cancellation of Unite For Universe series Jetpower Optimus Prime & Megatron, however reports from Japanese toy store - Red Mercury that this line is still on. In fact, both Prime & Megatron toys are just been delayed.

Initial release date was set on 26th June 2010 for these figures, now the new scheduled release date will be between August and September 2010.

Collectors that are keen on both of the figures can now look forward to it rather than feel disappointed.

Check out Red Mercury post here: http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/detail ... A-RED-6857
& here: http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/detail ... A-RED-6858
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1060086)
Posted by HighPrime on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:22am CDT
Great news. (Still) looking forward to both of these guys.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1060088)
Posted by Mkall on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:27am CDT
Good news for those looking forward to them.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1060091)
Posted by Solrac333 on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:29am CDT
That's fine with me. My wallet can rest a little.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1060095)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on March 31st, 2010 @ 8:59am CDT
Oh joy.
Re: RUMOR: Unite For The Universe Prime & Megatron Cancelled?! (1060123)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 31st, 2010 @ 11:07am CDT
This is great news! Those pics look beautiful! I like how megatron's gamera shell is obscured and faded into the background, great looking figure, much better color scheme! Optimus looks fantastic, I hadn't noticed his blade before, jetfire suit looks incredible

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers RID Mini-Con Deployer Jetstorm For Blizzard Strike Drift" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SHATTER SS 40 Studio Series from the Bumblebee Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie 6 Bumblebee Energon Igniters Bumblebee + shatter--new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY