TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week

TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week

Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 2:49pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,955

Still wondering where your TFCC membership freebie figure Sideburn is? Last we heard they had cleared customs and would be processed for shipping "soon". The TFCC facebook page was recently updated with this tidbit of information on Sideburn's status.

They should hit the mail this week. PLEASE allow until September 1 before making any inquiries. These ship bulk mail and can take a few weeks to arrive.

Credit(s): TFCC facebook

Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266828)
Posted by xyl360 on July 26th, 2011 @ 3:12pm CDT
Thank goodness, I've been waiting (and drooling :P) over this thing for a long time, as have all of you.

I can't wait (even though I must) :)!
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266836)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 26th, 2011 @ 3:22pm CDT
Good news. I look forward to this figure. I really would like see the Shadow Scyther kit released in blue. Instead of Sideburn Prime, it would just be a cool armor and weapon upgrade. Plus, it would give Fansproject a chance to reuse that cool head and weapon.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266874)
Posted by D-340 on July 26th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
Bout damned time! :-x And it's funny, I get emails from TFCC about store updates, site updates, Botcon, ect., but nothing on Sideburn what so ever. Not a single status update. Had to find out here about. Next year's figure had better be awesome, or I'll be hard pressed to renew my membership. It's my first year as a member and I'm extremely disappointed.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266879)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 26th, 2011 @ 4:31pm CDT
Yeah, I KNOW the exclusive will get here some time this year... heh.

I know they have convention toys and JoeCon to deal with, plus rolling with the factory and its schedule. My only judgements are on the toys themselves... and for those I've been mostly happy.

Punch, G2 Ramjet, and Cheetor (because he goes well with this year's set) top my list of favorite exclusives. Dion was a great idea... would have been a home run with a new head, I think. As is, good nod to G1.

OH. Hey D-340... next year's exclusives have been announced. It's supposed to be Runamuck as the member exclusive (likely) and then Runabout and SG Drift as the options to buy, supposedly.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266885)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 26th, 2011 @ 4:41pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, I KNOW the exclusive will get here some time this year... heh.

If you are right about Runabout-muck, what figure are they going to be?

As far as SG Drift.... I don't a want a black Drift. Actually, I'm wondering if we will ever move away from Shattered Glass. It's cool. A solid change with an awesome story....but are we to get a SG figure at each botcon and the Official club? I'm not knocking SG, just a little burned out on it.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266896)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2011 @ 4:54pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
If you are right about Runabout-muck, what figure are they going to be?

Runabout/Runamuck are the Wheeljack/Tracks mold.

Also, SG Drift is red, not black. His deco is based on Deadpool, iirc.

OK, so, he's got a little black...
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266897)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 26th, 2011 @ 4:57pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:
Runabout/Runamuck are the Wheeljack/Tracks mold.

Also, SG Drift is red, not black. His deco is based on Deadpool.

Well, that mold will serve the Battlechargers well, especially with the folded back glass of the vehicle mode making the "hoody" look they have and the front bumper for toes. Well played.

As for ole Drifty poo.... Deadpool you say? Are there pics somewhere already? I just figured SG, white would be black with yellow or something. Hmm...interesting.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266899)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 26th, 2011 @ 4:58pm CDT
SG Drift is slated to be a red repaint with the Blurr guns as accessories. (Deadpool homage, I hear.)

As for me, I'm not really excited about Drift in general, but I AM hella interested in them occasionally putting out a SG (or G2) style figure. The SG set and storyline was really rich and well done. I liked how Prime wasn't all black like Nemesis Prime, etc...

Either way, Runabout and Runamuck have been neglected for a while. Getting the PAIR of them is fantastic... and getting a couple more cars for the Decepticon side, as well. (Still waiting for the Classics Stunticons, though. ha.) I can't complain about ANY use of the Tracks/Wheeljack mold. It was fantastic.

On that note, I'd love a Slicer or Road Rage, Hasbro. Seriously, you can't go wrong selling blue and red cars. Kids buy those no questions asked. :grin:
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266900)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2011 @ 4:59pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:
Runabout/Runamuck are the Wheeljack/Tracks mold.

Also, SG Drift is red, not black. His deco is based on Deadpool.

Sorry, was wrong about the Deadpool thing, actually. Thought I remembered someone mentioning that at Botcon. Now that I think about it, I think it was about his characterization, not his deco.

Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266901)
Posted by Gandalf on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CDT

Edit: Whoa, I go looking for a link and get beat to the punch several times over! :lol:
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266902)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:01pm CDT
I think the Deadpool was referring to his personality rather than the deco, though red is definitely there.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266905)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:04pm CDT
Gandalf wrote:Runabout is the free membership figure. He and Runamuck are the Generations Wheeljack mold. Pics from Botcon here.

Dude how did I miss these? SG Drift, I'm happy for people that want this.

Runabout and Runamuck? :grin:
IM SO HAPPY!!! THEY ROCK!! :APPLAUSE:
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266913)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:22pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:Runabout and Runamuck? :grin:
IM SO HAPPY!!! THEY ROCK!! :APPLAUSE:

My only problem is, you KNOW it's gonna be the G2 Ramjet debacle all over again since you have to have both and you automatically get one of the pair.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266914)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:25pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:Runabout and Runamuck? :grin:
IM SO HAPPY!!! THEY ROCK!! :APPLAUSE:

I've heard some pretty bad stories, but I managed to get Punch/CP and G2 Ramjet without any problems. The rumor mill generates an approx. day to watch for and with a group effort and a little planning, they can be obtained. On a side note, I've never purchased more than 1 unless it's for a fellow collector who pays me what it costs, no mark up, no scalping.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266919)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:35pm CDT
Yeah, I really wish TFCC would put a cap on the common fan to just buying a couple. (And special arrangements for retailers to buy a bulk lot, of course. They could plan this in advance to make sure they order enough.)

But I hate the notion of scalpers buying 10 or 20... and keeping the average fan from being able to just order ONE. We need some safeguards to prevent it.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266920)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:39pm CDT
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266921)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:42pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Or, y'know, and hear me out on this one, they could let us pre-order before they determine how many are going to get made.

Let's not get all logical! :lol: This is how I get it done. I have one really close friend that is also an avid collector. When we think a preorder is coming up, we educate our wives on what it is and where to buy it. That's four people, checking and refreshing for a day or two. It sounds like a lot of work (and it's sad that it has to be like this), but it's kind of fun. It's the new digital hunt. :D
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266923)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:48pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:educate our wives on what it is and where to buy it. That's four people... :D

Wow, GetRightRobot... I apparently need more wives to be able to snag the robots! ROTFL. :D
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266924)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:48pm CDT
I just take the day scheduled for orders off so when I receive the tweet or other news source saying it's up, I'm ready.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Update: Mailing This Week (1266925)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 26th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:

Well you know....gotta keep the pimp hand strong! :lol:

I actually meant my friend + his wife + my wife + myself = four people hawking whatever site it is. My bad. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY