TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images

TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images

Friday, February 4th, 2011 5:46pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 56,799

New images of TFClub's upcoming Junkion Blacksmith Headmasters have been posted to ACToys.net JB-01 Justice Leader and JB-02 Tactical Commander are Headmaster versions of fan favorites Optimus Prime and Soundwave. The figures are effectively triple changers in that they have a robot mode, a head mode, and a G1-esque alt mode. They are also planning on releasing black repaints of each figure known as JB-01B Evil Commander and JB-02B Tactical Commander Hyper Mode.

Credit(s): ACToys.net

This article was last modified on Friday, February 4th, 2011 7:49pm CST

Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177735)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 4th, 2011 @ 5:58pm CST
Huh?.....those are silly. Put the effort out there and make some Headmasters that will actually work for existing figures. Like a Lord Zarak would be nice. Not an OP or a Soundwave headmaster! Those characters not only make no sense to me as headmasters, but they are also redundant character choices.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177740)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 4th, 2011 @ 6:03pm CST
El Duque wrote:Image

Cool! now you can like, get two of each and give them a big-head mode! genius! ;)^
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177751)
Posted by Poyguimogul on February 4th, 2011 @ 6:28pm CST
Optimus Prime targetmaster / Optimus Prime headmaster / G2 Optimus Prime....
and soon to come 3 Optimi from DoTM. (Legend+w/e+w/e) at least. Not to mention 3rd party. Tis' the year of the Prime.

I think imma' take a page out of the 1992 Euro-TF-Handbook, and just call the TM Sureshot... That makes sense right...

The Headmasters (in head form) are generic enuff looking that could be anyone.
By anyone I mean (Scourge, Optimus Prime, Soundwave and Soundblaster)

I like the 3rd party enthusiasm, but seriously...

I like turtles.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177752)
Posted by WarGraver on February 4th, 2011 @ 6:35pm CST
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177759)
Posted by Andrius on February 4th, 2011 @ 6:52pm CST
I'd not mind having them, particularly Soundwave/Soundblaster. I wonder how large/expensive they'll be?
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177762)
Posted by Straken on February 4th, 2011 @ 6:54pm CST
WarGraver wrote:They look a little low quality... yet I kind of like the head forms. Still, who would I ever stick them on?

Cybertron Prime comes to mind,always diliked his head.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177771)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 4th, 2011 @ 7:31pm CST
To make the Optimus heads relevant, they could include an adaptor to fit 'em in Godginrai/Apex Armor Optimus Prime sets(assuming the heads are proportional to scale)
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177773)
Posted by WarGraver on February 4th, 2011 @ 7:34pm CST
Straken wrote:

Cybertron Prime comes to mind,always diliked his head.

Not me. Plus I'm not comfortable intentionally breaking my TFs. Maybe if it could take the place of a 3rd party's, like Powered Commander or Knight Morpher Annihilator, where the heads are easier to pop on and off.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177784)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 4th, 2011 @ 8:07pm CST
WarGraver wrote:
Straken wrote:

Cybertron Prime comes to mind,always diliked his head.

Said it before, assuming it can attach to any '87 Headmaster body, the Op head would make sense on one of those brighter-colored Skullcruncher KOs for a different take on City of Steel Alligatorcon Prime.

Since the Soundwave one also has a tape player mode, it might just be fun to have as a WST Soundwave substitute/in scale alt mode SW until one decides what to attach him to.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177786)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 4th, 2011 @ 8:11pm CST
What is the point of these??? Products even more pointless than their targetmasters. And the paint looks horrible.

Seeing these makes me even more afraid of their Deva project. These guys need to concentrate on Devastator and nothing else. Focus guys, focus!
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177793)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 4th, 2011 @ 8:45pm CST
WarGraver wrote:
Straken wrote:

Cybertron Prime comes to mind,always diliked his head.

Not me. Plus I'm not comfortable intentionally breaking my TFs.

Well... Doesn't Cybertron Prime's head sink into his body turtle-style? So you really could just perch it up there, or improvise some sort of clip.

Anyway, I assumed these were intended more for kitbashers than anything. I mean...

Prime Head + Hosehead = G1 version of RID, Cybertron, or Animated Optimus Prime

Prime Head + Apeface + Skillful paint app = G1 Optimal Optimus
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177837)
Posted by The Sun Of....... on February 4th, 2011 @ 10:43pm CST
???? just make the Devastator figure and stop with the other pointless creations. Everytime I come up with an idea i don't necessarily act on it. For example I thought about creating some G1 wrists for Prime so he can hold his weapon and look at his watch at the same time!
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177847)
Posted by prmlove1 on February 4th, 2011 @ 11:23pm CST
I would put the Prime head On my headmaster Hosehead figure instead of the headmaster Cobra I bought from Megamus at Botcon last year.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177850)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 4th, 2011 @ 11:36pm CST
the soundwave one is cool, but im sure the price is going to be to much
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177869)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 5th, 2011 @ 12:25am CST
These look like hot garbage.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177879)
Posted by El Duque on February 5th, 2011 @ 1:23am CST
I have to agree, please just focus on Project: Deva! Of course these smaller projects are probably helping to fund that beast.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177895)
Posted by RoboSnuf on February 5th, 2011 @ 4:24am CST
I've probably spent more on 3rd party TF products than official Hasbro/Takara so far (I have a fairly small collection, TFs having recently diverted my attention from MLs), but I'm not planning on picking either these or the TMs they've put out up.

My main reason is, as many others have commented, the character choice - these chars really don't make sense as either HMs or TMs - although I do like the sculpt/form of SW in both alt modes, that's not enough to win me over.

However, it has almost always been my experience that paint apps and overall quality of a final product end up being noticeably sub-standard to the promo-shots released by the companies themselves. In this case, that would suggest that the final product will feature paint-apps that appear to have been finger-painted on by a blind rhinoceros. I mean, seriously? These are supposed to be for advertising purposes, right? I know they're small figures and painting detail isn't easy, but it can be done a lot better than this.

To be fair, the promo-shots of the targetmasters -did- look much better than these (although I didn't see any that were as close-up as the big-head images in this post), and the recent Project Deva images made my jaw hit the floor so I can't say that TFClub are completely off target... but I think a little more effort could go a long way to helping promote sales of these guys.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177928)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 5th, 2011 @ 9:13am CST
Interesting design, does anyone have a clue as to what fig’s these guys are compatible?
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1177946)
Posted by puttster3 on February 5th, 2011 @ 9:46am CST
Anyone else getting a chibi vibe here?

Wondering if you can buy them seperately, or if they come in pairs, and if in pairs will it be Blue vs Black, or colour to colour. Hopefully not the 5th possibility. 4th is all 4 in one purchase.
Re: TFClub JB-01 Justice Leader & JB-02 Tactical Commander Images (1178056)
Posted by Burn on February 5th, 2011 @ 5:16pm CST
The only thing I can think to use the Prime one for would be on Powermaster Prime.

Grab the Targetmasters as well, and you're going to have a very unique Powermaster Prime, of course he'll look like crap but he'll be unique!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Heroes of Cybertron ESPIONAGE TEAM Bumblebee + Spike Transformers Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 59 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 3RD PARTY MINI SPIKE FIGURE 4-PIECE SET IMPOSSIBLETOYSNET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Shatter Figure Energon Igniter Bumblebee Movie 2018 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SHATTER Deluxe Class #40 Bumblebee Movie Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Predacon Cryotek Megatron Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Gernerations Cyber Battalion Series JETFIRE Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DINO SPARKERS OPTIMUS PRIME & GRIMLOCK VF HASBRO TF Brand NEW" on EBAY