TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update

TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update

Friday, April 22nd, 2011 1:56pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 32,674

Curt at TFSource has sent us an update on their exclusive Justitoys WST Military Transport. The bad news is that the release date has been delayed to 2nd/3rd quarter 2011. The good news is Justitoys has an updated computer rendering. You can preorder it here.

Next up from Justitoys is WST Military Transport! This black and white colored space shuttle has the highest level of detail of any Justitoys piece yet, has die-cast part, and can transform into three different forms! It also features many improvements, and will be a very limited edition piece. Note: This is higher priced than past WST's, this is due to the high level of complexity, large amount of die-cast, limited run on this piece, and increase in the exchange rate with China. In the end, this will be a high quality and highly sought after piece. Preorder this exclusive and limited edition piece today!

Credit(s): Curt at TFSource

Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212603)
Posted by Samsonator on April 22nd, 2011 @ 2:08pm CDT
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212605)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 22nd, 2011 @ 2:10pm CDT
Samsonator wrote:I see these will feature the extending arms intended for, but not present on G1 Astrotrain. Very nice!

It makes more sense to say he's overall based on the prototype shown in catalogs, with the arms and especially the head.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212610)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 22nd, 2011 @ 2:27pm CDT
I'm buying it.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212617)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 22nd, 2011 @ 2:47pm CDT
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212662)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 22nd, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT
That's really nice. And even the price is understandable.

This is pretty impressive work on such a small scale.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212709)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:06pm CDT

Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212712)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:14pm CDT
Awesome. Simply awesome. I LOVE wst's. I only worry about the fragility of those wing hinges. I have several of these little guys and they a marvel. MUCH Cooler than the silly Micromasters they currently share shelf space with. :lol:
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212787)
Posted by Captziltoid on April 22nd, 2011 @ 11:37pm CDT
awesome as all hell. heres hopin for blitzwing
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212847)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on April 23rd, 2011 @ 4:35am CDT
Captziltoid wrote:awesome as all hell. heres hopin for blitzwing

Actually Justitoys are already working on a Blitzwing, they're also working on a Sixshot, who I'm really excited about! :grin:
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212850)
Posted by Primacron's Little Helper on April 23rd, 2011 @ 4:55am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:This looks amazing. Preordered it months ago. Waiting on the show-accurate color version.

I'm waiting on the show accurate version too, it's been quite a while since we got Blaster and Shockwave, I wonder if they're a little low on funds so are going to do a small run of exclusives to get some cash in the coffers.

Trikeboy wrote:I'm so buying this. I love WST and have almost all the Dinorobots Justitoys have done. I'm only missing the comic colour set and the red Snarl. Blaster and Shockwave are awesome little guys too. They do great work on these so I know Astrotrain will be great too.

I've always wondered this - WST seem to be completely exempt on any anger about KOs or third party companies - take WST Skywarp and Thundercracker for instance, the originals go for top dollar on ebay, but I can't help thinking they'd go for a bit more if the KOs didn't exist.

cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Captziltoid wrote:awesome as all hell. heres hopin for blitzwing

Guess that Blitzwing's a while off yet! Don't forget they're supposed to be doing Hybrid Dinobots as well.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1212856)
Posted by Captziltoid on April 23rd, 2011 @ 5:34am CDT
oh wow a six shot. now that would be awesome. he has eluded me for all of my collecting years
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1213579)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 25th, 2011 @ 1:59am CDT
Looks good. But I'll be waiting for a purple version. Hopefully it won't be a Tfsource exclusive. Also looking forward to Blitzwing and Sixshot as well.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1262350)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 19th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CDT
It's been awhile since we last heard any news about the TFSource exclusive WST Military Transport AKA Astrotrain by Justitoys. Seibertron sponsor TFSource has posted a few prototype images in a gallery on their facebook page. The new images give you an idea where the die-cast will be located on the figure. There is still no exact release date for this figure. Keep your browser locked in at Seibertron.com for all the latest Transformers news.

Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1262383)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 19th, 2011 @ 8:41pm CDT
Have they even released the first version of this yet? It's taking forever it seems.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1262388)
Posted by krenger99 on July 19th, 2011 @ 8:47pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:I do have to wonder though. I am opposed to the blatant rip off of the Coneheads being done by iGear. Shouldn't I feel the same about Justitoys? They are after all using designs made by Takara and shrinking them down, just like the Faith Leader from iGear. Does this make me a hypocrite?

I'd have to say that it does. Sorry. A knock off is a knock off, regardless of who makes it. I personally like knock offs. They allow me to get a figure at a set price as opposed to a crackhead secondary market amount that I could never justifiably spend. Bottom line, Takara and Hasbro need to pay attention to what fans want and what they don't want and then produce an appropriate amount of the figures for everyone to find.
What the point of mass producing shelf warmers like WFC Cliffjumper when EVERYONE wants a Wheeljack or a Thundercracker or a WreckGar? It's a poor business approach, in my opinion. They're only going to lose money when all that crap goes to clearance and the venders that sell it seek credits for their losses. You'd almost think they get a cut off the secondary prices.
I love my iGear MP Optimus "Faith Leader". He's got ALL the detail and articulation of the original but is scaled down to fit perfectly as the leader of my Classics/Generations Autobot army.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1262397)
Posted by Cybertronian on July 19th, 2011 @ 9:01pm CDT
I'm not a big WST fan, but I might want to get him, if for no other reason than to play out "The Battle of Autobot City".
(Which means I'd also need WST Prime w/ trailer, Megatron, Hot Rod, Dinobots, and Devastator. And Starscream, to kick 'im when he's down! :lol: )

gothasaurus wrote:...Waiting on the show-accurate color version.

I'd only consider getting it if it were the show-accurate (or at the very least, North American) version.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1262406)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 19th, 2011 @ 9:24pm CDT
*grumblegrumble* I hope this comes out at multiple retailers.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1262938)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 20th, 2011 @ 1:20pm CDT
astrotrain... haven't seen him in awhile.
Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1265430)
Posted by El Duque on July 24th, 2011 @ 11:02am CDT
JustiToys have updated their facebook page with images of their upcoming WST Astrotrain in locomotive mode. As one would expect it looks just like the G1 Astrotrain from which it's modeled after. This little guy can be pre-ordered at site sponsor TFsource.

Images from their facebook page are mirrored below.

Re: TFSource Exclusive WST Military Transport Update (1265530)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 24th, 2011 @ 2:25pm CDT
I AM DISSAPOINT
I mean, Is it just me, or does he look tiny? I mean teeny-tiny!
If He's like a billion dollers and is only a scout, how worth it is he? He should be MASSIVE, considering he's Astro Train! Comparison shots would be nice I guess....

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O lot of 7 Sets Sealed Megatron Bumblebee Prowl Mirage Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx in box." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DIAC & OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blaster Rewind Buzzsaw Lot Complete TR Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel TRANSFORMERS #36 (1988) 1st Sky Lynx Twin Twist & Sandstorm Appearance" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN DABURU & AUTOBOT TWINFERNO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Deluxe Class SKYLYNX MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DABURU AND TWINFERNO NEW IN BUBBLE & CARD 2016" on EBAY