TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon

Monday, August 3rd, 2015 9:18pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,022

The secret is out. We received this message a few days ago:

TF_JW wrote:If they haven't started arriving already, your TFSS 3.0 figure #3 should show up very soon. So keep an eye out!

And now enough have received their figure to know that it is none other than: Serpent O.R.

Both Seibertronians Bounti76 and Durroth sent us some pictures of their newly received figure (Bounti76 even made a super cute unboxing). For those who ordered him, you should be getting him very soon unless you have him already.

Transformers News: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon

Transformers News: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon

Transformers News: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon

Transformers News: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon

Transformers News: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon

Transformers News: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 9:26am CDT

Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715619)
Posted by Mkall on August 3rd, 2015 @ 9:27pm CDT
Neat! I've had his minicons for a while now, awaiting their master.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715623)
Posted by megatronus on August 3rd, 2015 @ 9:47pm CDT
Mine arrived today too! What an unexpected surprise.

I recall people (myself included) were bummed at the mustard brown plastic replacing the brighter gold we saw in the promo / mock up pics. I must say though, it isn't bad - it's a lighter brown-yellow mustard color than originally thought, and it features metallic specks (the green plastic does, too!). Still not as good as the original color scheme, IMHO, but I'm still quite pleased with how he turned out.

Especially paired with Vipers!
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715625)
Posted by megatronus on August 3rd, 2015 @ 9:50pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Neat! I've had his minicons for a while now, awaiting their master.

Can you remind me what the micron's name is? I may have to pick him up now...
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715628)
Posted by Railbomb on August 3rd, 2015 @ 10:01pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Mkall wrote:Neat! I've had his minicons for a while now, awaiting their master.

Can you remind me what the micron's name is? I may have to pick him up now...

The Cobra one that forms the top of the staff is Gob. I'm not sure who the other one is.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715635)
Posted by Flashwave on August 3rd, 2015 @ 10:57pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Mkall wrote:Neat! I've had his minicons for a while now, awaiting their master.

Can you remind me what the micron's name is? I may have to pick him up now...

BTW, in the comic, SerpentOR use the pink coloration of the pair. They were on Ebay for like $4 a piece. May have gone up now due to TFSS raising demand.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715648)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2015 @ 11:33pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Mkall wrote:Neat! I've had his minicons for a while now, awaiting their master.

Can you remind me what the micron's name is? I may have to pick him up now...
Gob and Zad. Specifically the pink versions, Gob 2 and Zad 2.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715708)
Posted by Decepticon619 on August 4th, 2015 @ 11:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Mkall wrote:Neat! I've had his minicons for a while now, awaiting their master.

Can you remind me what the micron's name is? I may have to pick him up now...
Gob and Zad. Specifically the pink versions, Gob 2 and Zad 2.

Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715714)
Posted by TF_JW on August 4th, 2015 @ 11:30am CDT
The midsection of the staff is formed by Zad and Gob's tails. They each have a 5mm peg which then peg into the top and bottom of SerpentOR's fist.

So it's not a free-standing staff. It has to be in SerpentOR's hand or else the two halves stay two separate Minicons.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715715)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2015 @ 11:32am CDT
Agabyss has the two Microns for cheap on ebay: Gob 2 and Zad 2.

Decepticon619 wrote:I'm just curious, is the midsection of the staff included with one of these microns? The pictures on eBay don't exactly show too much :p
The tail of each of them goes in one side of the hand to make them appear as a solid piece when held by the figure. There isn't a real midsection to it if it's created to appear how Burcham drew it in the comic.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715716)
Posted by Decepticon619 on August 4th, 2015 @ 11:34am CDT
Awesome, thanks lads!!
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715728)
Posted by megatronus on August 4th, 2015 @ 12:19pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Agabyss has the two Microns for cheap on ebay: Gob 2 and Zad 2.

Thanks! Totally ordered. $7.90 shipped for the 2 microns aint bad at all!
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715736)
Posted by Flashwave on August 4th, 2015 @ 1:37pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Agabyss has the two Microns for cheap on ebay: Gob 2 and Zad 2.

Thanks! Totally ordered. $7.90 shipped for the 2 microns aint bad at all!

Just sayin', I highly reccomend experimentin' with the microns. I'll leave this here.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715738)
Posted by TF_JW on August 4th, 2015 @ 1:49pm CDT
Yeah, that's the great thing about Arms Microns - There were the official combinations, but you could come up with so many great fan modes in addition to those ones.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715741)
Posted by megatronus on August 4th, 2015 @ 2:03pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Mine arrived today too! What an unexpected surprise.

Especially paired with Vipers!

Looking at the original promo shots, I think I got it a bit wrong - those were more a gold/bronze, and I think we were under the impression those parts would be metallic.

Still, the more I handle him, the more I'm pleased. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of his staff. :D

Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715742)
Posted by TF_JW on August 4th, 2015 @ 2:08pm CDT
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715744)
Posted by megatronus on August 4th, 2015 @ 2:14pm CDT
TF_JW wrote:The very first promo shots were digital mock-ups using, well, the very first images of Takara Tomy's Ratbat. If you remember, those images of Ratbat had him with extra metallic as well.

This is true. Sometimes, it goes the other way - people seem to be way, way happier with the revised deco and in-hand shots of Tarantulus than they were with the original deco.

These things change; my main point is that, considering the minor disappointment with Serpent O.R.'s in-hand shots compared to the mock up, he still turned out awesome! :D
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715759)
Posted by necr0blivion on August 4th, 2015 @ 4:05pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
necr0blivion wrote:Got him this afternoon. So, are we really playing this "guess who" game or should I post pics (or else it didn't happen)?

We believe you. I will be posting a news post soon. Can you let us know if from now on your would rather not spoil the figures or is it first come first spoil? Let us know how we should handle news posting from now on, regarding these.

I'm okay with announcing which figure has just been released. *editing for clarification* The real spoiler (for me, at least) has always been that any figure gets released. It's frustrating to not know when to expect a new figure, especially when the first payment for the subscription is due around 6 months (at least) before I even receive the first figure.
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715766)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 4th, 2015 @ 4:58pm CDT
Oh my god, Serpent Oregon looks like fucking garbage compared to Senator Ratbat. Also why do people wants these subscription figures to be a surprise outside of the final intentional secret figure?
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715773)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on August 4th, 2015 @ 6:38pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Oh my god, Serpent Oregon looks like **** garbage compared to Senator Ratbat. Also why do people wants these subscription figures to be a surprise outside of the final intentional secret figure?

My personal opinion is that no one would make an issue of this one way or another, but Fun Pub asked folks not to "spoil the surprise" somehow imagining that enough people on the Information Superhighway would listen to that request that the "surprise" might actually be kept.

As it is, it just causes anger and headaches for those of us who actually use the message boards more than just a little bit. Either we bend over backwards to try to respect Fun Pub's request (and many do), or half the members of the boards are yelling at those who posted the name or the image (often done innocently) as being "rude" or ignorant. All of this could be avoided if Fun Pub wouldn't insist on the surprise factor, and very few would ever have cared....
Re: TFSS 3.0 Figure #3 Arriving in Mailboxes Soon (1715818)
Posted by Poyguimogul on August 4th, 2015 @ 8:45pm CDT
Scourge and Rat Bat crushed this mold. If Serpentor had a skin tone face paint, green around the lips of the face, and the white fangs, maybe.. as is, works with old Snake, in the fiction. But silver face is whatever. I wanted Pretender Metalhawk in my Serpentor.

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY