This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins..

Transformers News: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins..

Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 11:56AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 47,438

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

News comes out of Hasbro.com. They've kick started the Hunt For the Decepticons campaign by giving us the information on it's background..

Image

The AUTOBOTS have formed a secret alliance with humans to protect Earth from the DECEPTICON threat. Some troubling signs indicate that the DECEPTICONS are preparing to strike:

Several meteors have breached the atmosphere and seem to be aiming for different parts of the globe. The AUTOBOTS have also picked up increased communication signals from SOUNDWAVE but are unable to break the CYBERTRON-encrypted code.

Strange reports have appeared in various media. Among others a TV news report showed an unusual white muscle car in the northern jungle parts of Thailand heading toward China.

Sensing trouble, OPTIMUS PRIME keeps the AUTOBOTS on the highest alert.

Check back in early June to see how you can help the AUTOBOTS!


Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Hasbro

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077493)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 22nd, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
Hm, the only Decepticon cars that I white which I can think of right now are Breakdown and Runabout (or was it Runamuck?). Either way, what's all this aboot? I don't recall hearing anything about Hasbro doing something lilke this.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077495)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 22nd, 2010 @ 12:17pm CDT
I'm betting 2,00$ in Energon that the "unusual white muscle car" is going to be a repaint of the ROTF Lockdown mold, and may even come with a new head. Anyone agree with me? :lol: :-? :???:
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077503)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on May 22nd, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
Or maybe, it is Barricade, who knows.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077528)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 22nd, 2010 @ 2:13pm CDT
A Bugbite repaint from one of the thousand Bumblebees?
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077534)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on May 22nd, 2010 @ 2:21pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hm, the only Decepticon cars that I white which I can think of right now are Breakdown and Runabout (or was it Runamuck?). Either way, what's all this aboot? I don't recall hearing anything about Hasbro doing something lilke this.
Runabout is the white one.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077540)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 22nd, 2010 @ 2:47pm CDT
CybertronHotShot wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hm, the only Decepticon cars that I white which I can think of right now are Breakdown and Runabout (or was it Runamuck?). Either way, what's all this aboot? I don't recall hearing anything about Hasbro doing something lilke this.
Runabout is the white one.


Wrong: it's Runamuck. To avoid any confusion: Runabout is black, Runamuck is white. If you're looking at Cybertron Runamuck, the "Runabout" name was unavailable to Hasbro (The Japanese version was still named Runabout tho). So they went with Runamuck instead. Also, both Movie Brakedown and Runamuck have the same origin for their deco: G1 Breakdown.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077560)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on May 22nd, 2010 @ 4:18pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hm, the only Decepticon cars that I white which I can think of right now are Breakdown and Runabout (or was it Runamuck?). Either way, what's all this aboot? I don't recall hearing anything about Hasbro doing something lilke this.
Runabout is the white one.


Wrong: it's Runamuck. To avoid any confusion: Runabout is black, Runamuck is white. If you're looking at Cybertron Runamuck, the "Runabout" name was unavailable to Hasbro (The Japanese version was still named Runabout tho). So they went with Runamuck instead. Also, both Movie Brakedown and Runamuck have the same origin for their deco: G1 Breakdown.

I didn´t know that. My bad :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: Anyway, thanks for the info. :D
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077561)
Posted by Blurrz on May 22nd, 2010 @ 4:21pm CDT
Not sure if the white car will be Runamuck... might be one of the names in this list.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077563)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 22nd, 2010 @ 4:30pm CDT
When I saw this post from Twitter via SMS, I thought the HFTD figures were sighted in the US :-(
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077605)
Posted by DCybertron on May 22nd, 2010 @ 7:21pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:When I saw this post from Twitter via SMS, I thought the HFTD figures were sighted in the US :-(

When I saw this, I thought the HMW tournament began. :P
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077621)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 22nd, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
What if the 'unusual white muscle car' is actually DURIIFUTO-SAN?
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077629)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 22nd, 2010 @ 9:00pm CDT
CybertronHotShot wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hm, the only Decepticon cars that I white which I can think of right now are Breakdown and Runabout (or was it Runamuck?). Either way, what's all this aboot? I don't recall hearing anything about Hasbro doing something lilke this.
Runabout is the white one.


Wrong: it's Runamuck. To avoid any confusion: Runabout is black, Runamuck is white. If you're looking at Cybertron Runamuck, the "Runabout" name was unavailable to Hasbro (The Japanese version was still named Runabout tho). So they went with Runamuck instead. Also, both Movie Brakedown and Runamuck have the same origin for their deco: G1 Breakdown.

I didn´t know that. My bad :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: Anyway, thanks for the info. :D


Is no one thinking that it might be a white repaint of Lockdown possibly with a new head? Probably not, but hey, could be Bumblebee. But it also can't, because the description clearly states that it's a white MUSCLE CAR, not a CAMARO. Or are Camaros muscle cars too? #-o :???:
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077667)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on May 22nd, 2010 @ 11:50pm CDT
....Drift?
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077676)
Posted by Blurrz on May 23rd, 2010 @ 12:33am CDT
WarzoneBeta wrote:....Drift?


Drift's in Generations not the movie toyline. Plus it's not a muscle car..
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077765)
Posted by Valandar on May 23rd, 2010 @ 9:33am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hm, the only Decepticon cars that I white which I can think of right now are Breakdown and Runabout (or was it Runamuck?). Either way, what's all this aboot? I don't recall hearing anything about Hasbro doing something lilke this.
Runabout is the white one.


Wrong: it's Runamuck. To avoid any confusion: Runabout is black, Runamuck is white. If you're looking at Cybertron Runamuck, the "Runabout" name was unavailable to Hasbro (The Japanese version was still named Runabout tho). So they went with Runamuck instead. Also, both Movie Brakedown and Runamuck have the same origin for their deco: G1 Breakdown.

I didn´t know that. My bad :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: Anyway, thanks for the info. :D


Is no one thinking that it might be a white repaint of Lockdown possibly with a new head? Probably not, but hey, could be Bumblebee. But it also can't, because the description clearly states that it's a white MUSCLE CAR, not a CAMARO. Or are Camaros muscle cars too? #-o :???:


Yes, Camaros are considered muscle cars, as are Mustangs and Chargers. What Lockdown is could be considered a muscle car, but a HIGHLY modified one.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077766)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 23rd, 2010 @ 9:40am CDT
Valandar wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hm, the only Decepticon cars that I white which I can think of right now are Breakdown and Runabout (or was it Runamuck?). Either way, what's all this aboot? I don't recall hearing anything about Hasbro doing something lilke this.
Runabout is the white one.


Wrong: it's Runamuck. To avoid any confusion: Runabout is black, Runamuck is white. If you're looking at Cybertron Runamuck, the "Runabout" name was unavailable to Hasbro (The Japanese version was still named Runabout tho). So they went with Runamuck instead. Also, both Movie Brakedown and Runamuck have the same origin for their deco: G1 Breakdown.

I didn´t know that. My bad :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: Anyway, thanks for the info. :D


Is no one thinking that it might be a white repaint of Lockdown possibly with a new head? Probably not, but hey, could be Bumblebee. But it also can't, because the description clearly states that it's a white MUSCLE CAR, not a CAMARO. Or are Camaros muscle cars too? #-o :???:


Yes, Camaros are considered muscle cars, as are Mustangs and Chargers. What Lockdown is could be considered a muscle car, but a HIGHLY modified one.


Yep-he isn't the typical muscle car. Unless this thread is about Mad Max.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077770)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 23rd, 2010 @ 9:53am CDT
OK, so in conclusion:

Camaro = Muscle Car
Camaro = Bumblebee
White Camaro = White Bumblebee
White Bumblebee = Bug Bite

Could it really be Bug Bite, again? I hope he has tribal marking like the BotCon one...
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077780)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 23rd, 2010 @ 11:06am CDT
Valandar wrote: Yes, Camaros are considered muscle cars, as are Mustangs and Chargers. What Lockdown is could be considered a muscle car, but a HIGHLY modified one.


Indeed, Lockdownn looks to be some sort of Corvette that's been modified for a Mad Max remake or a demolition derby.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077851)
Posted by joeformer on May 23rd, 2010 @ 3:32pm CDT
So heres the thing. They keep pushing this hunt for the decepticons and nest thing. Autobots allies with humans. So where are the little mini 1 and a half to 2 inch articulated mini figures to go with the toy line. Come on this would be pretty kewl. They can make the characters from the movie and soldiers. :grin: :APPLAUSE:
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077852)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 23rd, 2010 @ 3:39pm CDT
joeformer wrote:So heres the thing. They keep pushing this hunt for the decepticons and nest thing. Autobots allies with humans. So where are the little mini 1 and a half to 2 inch articulated mini figures to go with the toy line. Come on this would be pretty kewl. They can make the characters from the movie and soldiers. :grin: :APPLAUSE:


You mean Human Alliance isn't good enough for you?
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077937)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on May 23rd, 2010 @ 9:18pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
WarzoneBeta wrote:....Drift?


Drift's in Generations not the movie toyline. Plus it's not a muscle car..


But it could be MOVIE Drift, a separate character from Generations Drift, kinda like ROTF Lockdown and Animated Lockdown.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077942)
Posted by Blurrz on May 23rd, 2010 @ 9:28pm CDT
WarzoneBeta wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
WarzoneBeta wrote:....Drift?


Drift's in Generations not the movie toyline. Plus it's not a muscle car..


But it could be MOVIE Drift, a separate character from Generations Drift, kinda like ROTF Lockdown and Animated Lockdown.


But those were different figures. Highly doubtful that there will be two Drifts released in toylines going at the same time.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077949)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 23rd, 2010 @ 10:04pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
WarzoneBeta wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
WarzoneBeta wrote:....Drift?


Drift's in Generations not the movie toyline. Plus it's not a muscle car..


But it could be MOVIE Drift, a separate character from Generations Drift, kinda like ROTF Lockdown and Animated Lockdown.


But those were different figures. Highly doubtful that there will be two Drifts released in toylines going at the same time.


Well, they already did it with Animated and ROTF Lockdown.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077950)
Posted by Blurrz on May 23rd, 2010 @ 10:06pm CDT
Animated Lockdown was 2008. ROTF Lockdown was 2010.
Re: The Hunt For the Decepticons Begins.. (1077959)
Posted by Editor on May 23rd, 2010 @ 10:37pm CDT
DCybertron wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:When I saw this post from Twitter via SMS, I thought the HFTD figures were sighted in the US :-(

When I saw this, I thought the HMW tournament began. :P


Yes, and that is what all good Seibertron user should be thinking.

as for BugBite, please no, Keep him as a compact.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230840 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #14 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #21 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230807 (CA) Weaver 230307"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr E DC Comics 2023 0423DC200 1073E (CA) Woods"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #37 var Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220931 (CA) McKone"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 var Disney 100 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230729 (CA)Soffritti"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1052 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 DEC222902 1052C Sandoval+Herms"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #28 DC Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Wagner 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0124DC001 145A (A/CA) Jimenez (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #145 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS ALPHA #1 Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220897 (CA) Yu (W) Orlando"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics DEC220760 (CA) Bazaldua"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #428 Robin Lives 2nd ptg Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1023DC998 (CA) Aparo"
BATMAN #428 Robin ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 2nd ptg DC Comics 2023 0323DC857 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #135 2nd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #18 var classic homage Marvel Comics NOV220767 (CA) Stegman"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL SHE-HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2020 JUL200653 (CA) Bennett (A) Davis-Hunt"
IMMORTAL SHE-HULK ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON