This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 4:21AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,326

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

If there is one category that Paramount and Michael Bay's Transformers movies can be recognised as succeeding by most fans, it's in the visual effects departments. And it seems as though the industry also agrees, as we know from ComingSoon.net: Age of Extinction has been nominated for the 13th Annual VES Awards, in the Outstanding Models in any Motion Media Project category! Read a bit below, and find out more about other nominees here.

“Visual effects in and by themselves are nothing unless they serve the story,” said Jeffrey A. Okun, VES Chair. “This year, more than ever, we are seeing amazing work that not only serves the story but tells the story in a manner never before seen. The VES Awards is proud that we are the only organization that showcases and honors these amazing artists in depth and across a wide range of fields. We are extremely proud of our nominees!”

[...]

Outstanding Models in any Motion Media Project

TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION; Knightship
Landis Fields
John Goodson
Anthony Rispoli
Dae Han
Credit(s): ComingSoon.net

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1638924)
Posted by hunter4life on January 14th, 2015 @ 4:28am CST
well, im not surprised.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1638926)
Posted by monstrinhotron on January 14th, 2015 @ 4:33am CST
Some of the effects in AoE are mind blowing but i noticed a series of really odd errors in the first half of the film. Whenever cars are in the middle distance (as opposed to close up) they're empty. No drivers, no passengers. I assume these cars are CGI but it's a really strange oversight as it would have taken them no time at all to stick a virtual mannequin in the seats to make a silhouette against the ever present sunset on the farm.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1638957)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 14th, 2015 @ 7:27am CST
I hope AoE sweeps at the Razzies just to throw it in all the haters' faces. >:oP
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639042)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:55pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I hope AoE sweeps at the Razzies just to throw it in all the haters' faces. >:oP


Yes, I m happy for it too, they should use this to lawsue Razzies, and teach a lesson to all those haters :grin:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639274)
Posted by Burn on January 15th, 2015 @ 2:22am CST
The final nominations are out and Optimus Prime riding Grimlock is leading the charge as Transformers:Age of Extinction leads The 2015 Razzies Nomination list with SEVEN nominations.

The full list of nominees is as follows:

Worst Picture
• Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas
• Left Behind
• The Legend of Hercules
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers: Age of Extinction

Worst Actor
• Kirk Cameron - Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas
• Nicolas Cage - Left Behind
• Kellan Lutz - The Legend of Hercules
• Seth MacFarlane - A Million Ways to Die in the West
• Adam Sandler - Blended

Worst Supporting Actor
• Mel Gibson - The Expendables 3
Kelsey Grammer - The Expendables 3, Legends of Oz, Think Like a Man Too, Transformers: Age of Extinction
• Shaquille O'Neal - Blended
• Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Expendables 3
• Kiefer Sutherland - Pompeii

Worst Actress
• Drew Barrymore - Blended
• Cameron Diaz - The Other Woman and Sex Tape
• Melissa McCarthy - Tammy
• Charlize Theron - A Million Ways to Die in the West
• Gaia Weiss - The Legend of Hercules

Worst Supporting Actress
• Cameron Diaz - Annie
• Megan Fox - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Nicola Peltz - Transformers: Age of Extinction
• Susan Sarandon - Tammy
• Brigitte Ridenour (nee Cameron) - Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas

Worst Director
Michael Bay - Transformers: Age of Extinction
• Darren Doane - Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas
• Renny Harlin - The Legend of Hercules
• Jonathan Liebesman - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
• Seth MacFarlane - A Million Ways to Die in the West

Worst Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
• Annie
• Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?
• The Legend of Hercules
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers: Age of Extinction

Worst Screen Combo
Any Two Robots, Actors (Robotic Actors) - Transformers: Age of Extinction
• Kirk Cameron and His Ego - Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas
• Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel - Sex Tape
• Kellan Lutz and Either His Abs, His Pecs or His Glutes - The Legend of Hercules
• Seth MacFarlane and Charlize Theron - A Million Ways to Die in the West

Worst Screenplay
• Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas
• Left Behind
• Sex Tape
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers: Age of Extinction

Redeemer Award
• Ben Affleck - from Gigli to Argo and Gone Girl
• Jennifer Aniston - from four-time Razzie nominee to Cake
• Mike Myers - from The Love Guru to directing Supermensch
• Keanu Reeves - from six-time Razzie nominee to John Wick
• Kristen Stewart - from six-time Razzie winner for Twilight to Camp X-Ray
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639318)
Posted by MagnusLabel on January 15th, 2015 @ 6:43am CST
Nailed it.

Better film directors and screenwriters are required for the future of TF movies.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639329)
Posted by Optimizzy on January 15th, 2015 @ 7:01am CST
uh...TMNT wasnt that bad. I mean...really? A Razzie? Was it just because it was produced by Michael Bay? I call bullsh*t on that.

Just like the Academy Awards, Razzies are about what movie is popular...to hate.

I guess they figured all the nerds were still angry about Ninja Turtles.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639339)
Posted by RhA on January 15th, 2015 @ 7:50am CST
I'm happy that 'Left Behind' was not ignored. The moment the muslim-guy kicked the, ah, small person out of the plane was pure gold.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639340)
Posted by Randomhero on January 15th, 2015 @ 7:55am CST
Oh thank god this is news. :roll:

The people behind the razzies fully admit they don't even watch the movies they nominate and elect. They go my imdb, rotten tomatoes and the box office. Giant waste of time
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639341)
Posted by RhA on January 15th, 2015 @ 8:03am CST
Randomhero wrote:Oh thank god this is news. :roll:

The people behind the razzies fully admit they don't even watch the movies they nominate and elect. They go my imdb, rotten tomatoes and the box office. Giant waste of time

And yet you reply.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639342)
Posted by Optimizzy on January 15th, 2015 @ 8:06am CST
RhA wrote:I'm happy that 'Left Behind' was not ignored. The moment the muslim-guy kicked the, ah, small person out of the plane was pure gold.


Didn't they already do that movie?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639344)
Posted by RhA on January 15th, 2015 @ 8:15am CST
Optimizzy wrote:
RhA wrote:I'm happy that 'Left Behind' was not ignored. The moment the muslim-guy kicked the, ah, small person out of the plane was pure gold.


Didn't they already do that movie?

Yeah. It's a remake by the same writer. This version has Nicolas Cage for some reason.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639370)
Posted by Shockwave7 on January 15th, 2015 @ 9:25am CST
And rightly so....

I gave them a chance with the first movie, was on the fence with the second, never watched the 3rd one, and only rented the 4th one because I won a free Redbox ticket from McDonald's Monopoly thing.

They need to lock Bay up in a rubber room with a crayon and a coloring book, and turn the reins of making Transformers movies over to someone besides that circus clown dunderhead. His 'directing' seems like he just tapes the camera to a tetherball and bats it around for a while.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639373)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 15th, 2015 @ 9:31am CST
Optimizzy wrote:uh...TMNT wasnt that bad. I mean...really? A Razzie? Was it just because it was produced by Michael Bay? I call bullsh*t on that.

Just like the Academy Awards, Razzies are about what movie is popular...to hate.

I guess they figured all the nerds were still angry about Ninja Turtles.

Exactly, as soon as people saw what the turtles looked like they got their panties in a wad. I'm starting to think that's why movies like Transformers and Ninja Turtles get so much hate when movies like The Avengers don't. It's all about character design, if they update the way they look some people consider it an act of war.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639381)
Posted by megatronus on January 15th, 2015 @ 9:56am CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:uh...TMNT wasnt that bad. I mean...really? A Razzie? Was it just because it was produced by Michael Bay? I call bullsh*t on that.

Just like the Academy Awards, Razzies are about what movie is popular...to hate.

I guess they figured all the nerds were still angry about Ninja Turtles.

Exactly, as soon as people saw what the turtles looked like they got their panties in a wad. I'm starting to think that's why movies like Transformers and Ninja Turtles get so much hate when movies like The Avengers don't. It's all about character design, if they update the way they look some people consider it an act of war.

It has less to do with character design and more to do with a well-rounded & coherent plot, effective characterization, and Bay's penchant for explosions for explosions sake.

There's a reason this is a usable emoticon: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639390)
Posted by MaverickPrime on January 15th, 2015 @ 10:39am CST
megatronus wrote:It has less to do with character design and more to do with a well-rounded & coherent plot, effective characterization, and Bay's penchant for explosions for explosions sake.

There's a reason this is a usable emoticon: :michaelbay:


That pretty much sums why there's so much hate against the movies, if they were well made far less people would complain about the designs, for example, MTMTE redesigned many characters (I didn't recognize Red Alert when I first saw him) and everyone loves that series to the point some toys are actually made with Alex Milne's designs. And they are glorious.

Still, some took it to the extreme, like Skids' unnecesary gold tooth and Galvatron and AOE Optimus' imposible-to-transform designs, those I can't defend.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639412)
Posted by rpetras on January 15th, 2015 @ 11:45am CST
Ninja Turtles was AWFUL!

So much worse than any of the TF movies.
(Well, OK, maybe not TF2, that was crap on a stick.)

I came home and watched the original TMNT live action movie just to floss my brain from the awfulness.

But TF4 was pretty far from Shakespeare and deserves razzie nominations, but at the core they are still entertaining, mindless popcorn flicks.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639456)
Posted by RhA on January 15th, 2015 @ 12:54pm CST
rpetras wrote:Ninja Turtles was AWFUL!

So much worse than any of the TF movies.
(Well, OK, maybe not TF2, that was crap on a stick.)

I came home and watched the original TMNT live action movie just to floss my brain from the awfulness.

But TF4 was pretty far from Shakespeare and deserves razzie nominations, but at the core they are still entertaining, mindless popcorn flicks.

Yeah? I tried watching the old Turtles movies and just switched them off. Did not age well, IMO.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1639489)
Posted by Burn on January 15th, 2015 @ 2:05pm CST
I preferred TMNT over TF4. >:oP
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1640621)
Posted by chivesbot20 on January 18th, 2015 @ 7:36pm CST
Tmnt was a great movie to me. And I am a big tmnt fan. What upsets me is that the obvious resaon it was chosen was because the major minds behind the movie have a bad reputation in the action buisness.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1640622)
Posted by chivesbot20 on January 18th, 2015 @ 7:36pm CST
Tmnt was a great movie to me. And I am a big tmnt fan. What upsets me is that the obvious resaon it was chosen was because the major minds behind the movie have a bad reputation in the action buisness.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1640726)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 19th, 2015 @ 1:35am CST
megatronus wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:uh...TMNT wasnt that bad. I mean...really? A Razzie? Was it just because it was produced by Michael Bay? I call bullsh*t on that.

Just like the Academy Awards, Razzies are about what movie is popular...to hate.

I guess they figured all the nerds were still angry about Ninja Turtles.

Exactly, as soon as people saw what the turtles looked like they got their panties in a wad. I'm starting to think that's why movies like Transformers and Ninja Turtles get so much hate when movies like The Avengers don't. It's all about character design, if they update the way they look some people consider it an act of war.

It has less to do with character design and more to do with a well-rounded & coherent plot, effective characterization, and Bay's penchant for explosions for explosions sake.

There's a reason this is a usable emoticon: :michaelbay:

I don't see where the Transformers movies failed at that, but the Avengers succeeded. The plot of that movie was basically "Loki bad. Avengers assemble. Pew pew pew, kaboom. The end" I've seen the same thing in other movies. They changed Spider-Man's costume and people hated it. Then when the movie came out they saw it already hating it. Man of Steel got rid of Superman's red outside-the-pants underwear and people threw a fit. Then when they saw the movie they already hated it because they're too stubborn to accept change.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1640848)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 19th, 2015 @ 11:25am CST
Good writing and acting can more than make up for bad first impressions. After all, Beast Wars went from "trukk not munky" to "best Transformers series".
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1641014)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 19th, 2015 @ 10:43pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:Good writing and acting can more than make up for bad first impressions. After all, Beast Wars went from "trukk not munky" to "best Transformers series".

True, but what I'm saying is why do some mindless action movies get universal praise where others don't? Why do some movies get criticized for doing one thing, where another movie get applauded for doing the exact same thing?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1641045)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 20th, 2015 @ 12:10am CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Good writing and acting can more than make up for bad first impressions. After all, Beast Wars went from "trukk not munky" to "best Transformers series".

True, but what I'm saying is why do some mindless action movies get universal praise where others don't? Why do some movies get criticized for doing one thing, where another movie get applauded for doing the exact same thing?


Because, Michael Bay had a single **** to do with it. That's why it gets criticized.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1641238)
Posted by chivesbot20 on January 20th, 2015 @ 3:31pm CST
Some questions just can't be answered
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654561)
Posted by Va'al on February 22nd, 2015 @ 6:39am CST
With the Academy Awards ceremony taking place this Sunday evening, the exhilarating anti-Oscar Golden Raspberries 2014 or Razzies results were announced last night - and you might remember that Transformers: Age of Extinction was down for quite a few - but where did it 'triumph'? Two categories, overall: Worst Director went to the man himself, Michael Bay, while Kelsey Grammer was 'awarded' the Worst Supporting actor for 2014. Find out more by clicking on the images below!

Image

Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654570)
Posted by william-james88 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 7:34am CST
It's so weird that Kelsey Grammer got it, the boyfriend in the film was a far worst supporting actor. And I thought Grammer was actually pretty fun in it. Like a straight up 80s action film villain.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654572)
Posted by Peridot on February 22nd, 2015 @ 7:35am CST
Kelsey Grammer's character was one of AOE's high points IMO. Chilling and professional. He nailed that role. The last section of the movie with his villainous breakdown seemed a little stupid, though. He worked best behind a desk, not running around trying to shoot Mark Wahlberg.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654603)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on February 22nd, 2015 @ 8:48am CST
Harold Attinger was so great.The Razzies really need to go home.They are drunk!If I could award the Razzies ,I would award the Worst choice for nominees ever! to them. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654606)
Posted by Deathsanras on February 22nd, 2015 @ 9:04am CST
Wait, did Grammer actually get it for AoE, or was it for The Expendables? Or just in general?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654613)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 22nd, 2015 @ 9:56am CST
"Attempted-murder, now really, what is that?"

Meh, "worst" performances will often go to a known name that you didn't expect to see in movie-X, rather that the absolute worst, right? And even then, sometimes a bad performance honestly suits the part. The guy who played Lucas dang near earned it in the first half hour, but it's not like a stereotype beach-bum warranted any actor's finest output, and that made it so sweet when he died.

Sweet and tangy. With a hint of cilantro.

In case I'm being unclear, because Lockdown's disposal of Lucas seemed to be Bay's attempt at symbolically breaking from the dumbass human characters that defined the first trilogy (not saying he entirely succeeded) his charred corpse was so beautiful, it literally made me f%#@ing HUNGRY!!!

That's why I never got the complaints about the amount of product placement in AofE: Even after 5 viewings, I couldn't tell what the fast food tie-in was. If I had, I'd have gone there and eaten the flame-broiled Lucas combo immediately after each show. (Was it BK again?) Now, if Lockdown had made optimum use of his resources and melted Lucas down into fuel before driving off, I'd have had a Bud Light/Red Bull/Chinese-milk-in-a-juice-box cocktail. But he didn't.

Sorry that's a bit off topic, but it's been burning inside me for months. Is there a Razzie for best/worst product placement, BTW?

?!...NO, I'm not into vore, Lucas' corpse made me platonically hungry! Sheesh.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654614)
Posted by partholon on February 22nd, 2015 @ 9:57am CST
Deathsanras wrote:Wait, did Grammer actually get it for AoE, or was it for The Expendables? Or just in general?



that'd be my question too.

i think grammers got a great gift for playing a baddie. alot more versatile than i thought he'd be from the "fraszer" days.

:D

attinger was a fantastic turn from him and was some of the more interesting stuff in the film.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654617)
Posted by Va'al on February 22nd, 2015 @ 10:12am CST
Clarification about Grammer (if you click on the image): he got it for Expendables 3, Legends of Oz, Think Like a Man Too and Transformers 4: Age of Extinction.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654620)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 10:28am CST
This is why I hate human kind. Of damn course Michael Bay won for "worst director," because it's the cool thing to do, to hate on and talk **** about him for no reason. The amount of ignorance is baffling.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654628)
Posted by Lucky Logician on February 22nd, 2015 @ 11:03am CST
SlyTF1 wrote:This is why I hate human kind. Of damn course Michael Bay won for "worst director," because it's the cool thing to do, to hate on and talk **** about him for no reason. The amount of ignorance is baffling.
There are much better reasons to hate human kind. For example, I know a certain forum where fans of the same property (*cough* transformers *cough*) are complete a-holes to each other because they like different iterations of the same thing.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654640)
Posted by TurboMMaster on February 22nd, 2015 @ 11:22am CST
I think that Age of Extinction was far from the worst movie of 2014, but still I hope that Michael Bay will get worst director reward. This would been the most just verdict, without hurting anyone.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654667)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 22nd, 2015 @ 12:30pm CST
Nicola Peltz should've gotten that award. She wasterrible, but I loved Kelsey Grammer in AoE.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654702)
Posted by Burn on February 22nd, 2015 @ 2:14pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:This is why I hate human kind. Of damn course Michael Bay won for "worst director," because it's the cool thing to do, to hate on and talk **** about him for no reason. The amount of ignorance is baffling.

As opposed to what, your single minded obsession with defending any and all Michael Bay Transformer movies?

Oh no! Someone dissed the movies! Someone said something bad about Michael Bay! But wait, here comes SlyTF1, Bay's very own knight in shining armour swooping in to insult and ridicule those mean mean people!

Get off your high horse and open your eyes, you want to talk ignorant? Take a good long look in the mirror. Anyone getting butthurt over the Razzies is an ignorant fool. The Razzies began, and exist, as a mock towards the Oscars, to honour those movies that just weren't so great.

They're not meant to be taken seriously.
They're not going to change people's opinions on movies
They're not going to affect the profits made
They're not going to ruin your childhood.

What they do is give people like me, a chance to mock and laugh at fools like you who ignorantly rush to defend those movies the Razzies honour.

Go crawl back into your hole. The rest of humanity will be here when you grow up.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654713)
Posted by Va'al on February 22nd, 2015 @ 2:26pm CST
A haiku.

Age of Extinction.
A whole new chapter, they said.
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654730)
Posted by Shockwave7 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 3:11pm CST
Bay very deservedly is the 'worst director'. It's getting to the point now where ALL of his movies feel like you're being forced to watch "Armageddon" over and over again.

But Grammar? That's a head-scratcher. I saw the movie on DVD for the first time over Christmas (and that only because I had a free Redbox ticket). And I thought of all the characters, his was just fine. Granted ALL of the characters in Bay's movies are the same stock cardboard cut-outs, but Grammar seemed OK.

Maybe it's because he's one of the only conservative-leaning actors left in Hollywood, and they want to stick it to him somehow as punishment for not being a good little liberal moonbat like everyone else.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654732)
Posted by DMSL on February 22nd, 2015 @ 3:13pm CST
Normally i would defend Transformers, but in this case i am making an exception.

TF4 was a horrible movie that didn't deserve the voice talent nor the name Transformers.

I don't know how Michael Bay did it but he managed to make each sequel worse than the one before.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654736)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 3:16pm CST
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:This is why I hate human kind. Of damn course Michael Bay won for "worst director," because it's the cool thing to do, to hate on and talk **** about him for no reason. The amount of ignorance is baffling.

As opposed to what, your single minded obsession with defending any and all Michael Bay Transformer movies?

Oh no! Someone dissed the movies! Someone said something bad about Michael Bay! But wait, here comes SlyTF1, Bay's very own knight in shining armour swooping in to insult and ridicule those mean mean people!

Get off your high horse and open your eyes, you want to talk ignorant? Take a good long look in the mirror. Anyone getting butthurt over the Razzies is an ignorant fool. The Razzies began, and exist, as a mock towards the Oscars, to honour those movies that just weren't so great.

They're not meant to be taken seriously.
They're not going to change people's opinions on movies
They're not going to affect the profits made
They're not going to ruin your childhood.

What they do is give people like me, a chance to mock and laugh at fools like you who ignorantly rush to defend those movies the Razzies honour.

Go crawl back into your hole. The rest of humanity will be here when you grow up.


I'm not mad about a stupid "award." I'm pissed that the only thing on the planet that I care about seems to be the punching bag of the world, just because one guy had a single thing to do with it.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654738)
Posted by Burn on February 22nd, 2015 @ 3:18pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:I'm not mad about a stupid "award." I'm pissed that the only thing on the planet that I care about seems to be the punching bag of the world, just because one guy had a single thing to do with it.

They have other uses too ... but I doubt you'll know what, so just use them to dry your eyes and wipe up those sniffles.
Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654746)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on February 22nd, 2015 @ 3:42pm CST
Grammer is a great actor, whoever picked him for worst is stupid, as are these awards, apparently.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654765)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 4:39pm CST
i glad it won worst pic at the Razzies.

it proves to me time and time again at what a terrible director bay is and how goddamn awful this TF franchise has been.

to each their own for liking this garabage, but as a tf fan since i was 5, ive never seen such a dis-service to my beloved Tf, Never would i have imagine optimus prime to utter things like ILL KILL U, i never felt prime had the honour he is known for in these movies.......most of the characters to me in the movies were hollow 1 dimensiononal, i personally didnt care for any of them.......and wft was the point of the dinobots, they did nothing! they didnt even bloody speak!

as for grammer winning the razzie, they shoulda gave it to marky marky, hands down the worst performance ive seen in a while.......and the funny thing is hes a good actor! goes to show u what bay does with anything that has talent, he kills their performances.......
:HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654798)
Posted by Burn on February 22nd, 2015 @ 6:10pm CST
Optimum Supreme wrote:Grammer is a great actor, whoever picked him for worst is stupid, as are these awards, apparently.

He was nominated for a number of different movies, not just his AoE role. And even great actors can have a bad run now and then.

Mr_Autobot411 wrote:i glad it won worst pic at the Razzies.


Except ... it didn't. So your rant is kinda pointless there mate.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654811)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 6:43pm CST
my mistake, it should have! utter garabage.......but bay did win for worst pile of crap director, so there is some right in the world.....

my rant is exaclty pointless, the movie is still the worst pile of dung ive seen in years........even ROTF was better, and thats saying a lot. so mate to each their own
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654820)
Posted by Deadput on February 22nd, 2015 @ 7:01pm CST
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:my mistake, it should have! utter garabage.......but bay did win for worst pile of crap director, so there is some right in the world.....

my rant is exaclty pointless, the movie is still the worst pile of dung ive seen in years........even ROTF was better, and thats saying a lot. so mate to each their own



So your mad at Bay because of your childhood?

Who cares exactly?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nominated for 13th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards (1654823)
Posted by Deadput on February 22nd, 2015 @ 7:08pm CST
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:.but bay did win for worst pile of crap director, so there is some right in the world.....

Mr_Autobot411 wrote:so there is some right in the world.....

Mr_Autobot411 wrote:right in the world.....


Don't tell me you actually believe what you say?

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #18 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230206 18A (CA) Spears"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #55 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 NOV220292 55D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #10 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 APR218120 10C (CA) Dialynas"
DEPARTMENT OF TRUT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #44 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 JUN220343 44C (CA) Rivera"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #42 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 MAY220287 42D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #81 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM355 81B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220234 7B (CA) Mattina (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #7 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM893 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #67 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230296 67B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM381 25A (CA) Panosian"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220233 7A (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #7 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #42 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 MAY220288 42E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON