Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz

Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 6:28PM CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 13,248

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Seibertronian Survivefan23, we have word that the Bumblebee movie has received its official rating, and that rating is PG-13. While this doesn't come as too big of a surprise and it is a small disappointment to those hoping this movie would end up with a PG rating. Considering every live action Transformers movie so far has been PG-13, the rating description is the interesting part of this PG-13 designation.

As many fans will remember, the previous 5 movies included text related to "intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, brief sexual humor, and language." This film, however, only contains the very brief description "Rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action violence."

So what this means for the movie is that the only reason this has its PG-13 rating is because of robot fighting time. There are no language concerns nor crude humor to be expected from this movie, meaning this movie is hewing more to its Iron Giant styled description and relying more on playful innocent fun for its humor and enjoyment.

So what do you think of this rating? Let us know in the comments section below!

TITLE:
Bumblebee (2018)
RATING:
PG-13
CERTIFICATE #:
51551
REASON:
Rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action violence.
DISTRIBUTOR:
Paramount Pictures Corporation
ALTERNATE TITLES:
Brighton Falls; Bumble Bee


Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies
Credit(s): FilmRatings.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994106)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2018 @ 6:55pm CST
About time this family-oriented brand of a family-oriented toy company gets a legitimate family-oriented movie.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994108)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 14th, 2018 @ 7:04pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
So what this means for the movie is that the only reason this has its PG-13 rating is because of robot fighting time.

YES! This makes me so happy. I love the previous films but there was so much of that "humor" in it and it really weighed them down. Glad it held on to PG-13 though so we can get some satisfying fight scenes. I'm even more excited now!
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994117)
Posted by Lucky Logician on November 14th, 2018 @ 9:16pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:As many fans will remember, the previous 5 movies included text related to "intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, brief sexual humor, and language." This film, however, only contains the very brief description "Rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action violence."
If you're gonna call something humor, that indicates that people would find it funny. And I'm pretty sure no one laughed at hearing how statutory rape isn't statutory rape and here is copy of the law I keep in my wallet to prove it. :BANG_HEAD:

On a more serious note, thank God they're finally getting rid of the sexual stuff. It never belonged there in the first place. When you make a movie about a bunch of toys, kids are going to want to see it. I'll gladly take childish Bumblebee pissing on Agent Simmons over pervy Mrs Witwicky blabbing about how she listened to her son have sex.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994121)
Posted by EunuchRon on November 14th, 2018 @ 10:28pm CST
Dude, Bee didn't pi$$ on Simmons. He totally lubed him. :lol:
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994123)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2018 @ 10:41pm CST
EunuchRon wrote:Dude, Bee didn't pi$$ on Simmons. He totally lubed him. :lol:
Same thing.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994131)
Posted by Caelus on November 14th, 2018 @ 11:15pm CST
If I were a parent I'd be bothered less by a side character referencing masturbation than by the main hero of the movie urinating on a government employee doing his job.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994141)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on November 15th, 2018 @ 2:36am CST
I'm glad to read this because it MIGHT mean that there won't be any of that stupid cheesy humor of the last movies.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994171)
Posted by BluePhirePB on November 15th, 2018 @ 11:33am CST
After The Last Knight, I said I wouldn't watch anymore TF films in theatres. Having that said, I like what the new director has done so far and I would give this movie a chance.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994174)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on November 15th, 2018 @ 11:42am CST
BluePhirePB wrote:After The Last Knight, I said I wouldn't watch anymore TF films in theatres. Having that said, I like what the new director has done so far and I would give this movie a chance.

I've said that even before TLK (after AoE) and I've been sitting in the cinema's hall sometime in the first two weeks of its release or I think even on its first day because I guess I haven't seen any reviews :HEADHURTS: :lol:

But this time I'll definitely wait for some reviews *fingers crossed* [-( :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994183)
Posted by DeadCaL on November 15th, 2018 @ 1:18pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:"Rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action violence."


Image
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994199)
Posted by jtanimator on November 15th, 2018 @ 4:45pm CST
OH MY GOSH I CAN ACTUALLY WATCH A TRANSFORMERS MOVIE IN IMAX AT THE THEATRES WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY!!!

I've been waiting for this...
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994206)
Posted by dragons on November 15th, 2018 @ 6:01pm CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
BluePhirePB wrote:After The Last Knight, I said I wouldn't watch anymore TF films in theatres. Having that said, I like what the new director has done so far and I would give this movie a chance.

I've said that even before TLK (after AoE) and I've been sitting in the cinema's hall sometime in the first two weeks of its release or I think even on its first day because I guess I haven't seen any reviews :HEADHURTS: :lol:

But this time I'll definitely wait for some reviews *fingers crossed* [-( :BANG_HEAD:


I’m not little kid I don’t need and never listen to reviews tell what movie I want to see here is what happen when people need reviews tell them what to do in life my father wanted see movies revenant and blade runner two I did not those trailers look boring to me but those two movies received high rating reviews I was boarded out of mind watching reverent and I fell sleep through first half of blade runner two and woke up with headache for music being loud you couldn’t hear people in movie talking that’s how loud music blade runner two received high ratings I did not like both of those movies what is answer that........?

Well if people don’t like humor in transformers movies and sexual jokes what is explanation for people who like marvel movies that have sexual jokes in them guardians of galaxy 2 talking about nipples and penis, Thor ragnarock making joke of dead person who is dead, marvel movies have same comedy from previous transformers movies and are successful but they do not act like in comics and cartoons.

Having comedy in movie or not does not make it good movie Thor 3 had to much comedy I didn’t like it,
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994211)
Posted by jtanimator on November 15th, 2018 @ 7:30pm CST
dragons wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
BluePhirePB wrote:After The Last Knight, I said I wouldn't watch anymore TF films in theatres. Having that said, I like what the new director has done so far and I would give this movie a chance.

I've said that even before TLK (after AoE) and I've been sitting in the cinema's hall sometime in the first two weeks of its release or I think even on its first day because I guess I haven't seen any reviews :HEADHURTS: :lol:

But this time I'll definitely wait for some reviews *fingers crossed* [-( :BANG_HEAD:


I’m not little kid I don’t need and never listen to reviews tell what movie I want to see here is what happen when people need reviews tell them what to do in life my father wanted see movies revenant and blade runner two I did not those trailers look boring to me but those two movies received high rating reviews I was boarded out of mind watching reverent and I fell sleep through first half of blade runner two and woke up with headache for music being loud you couldn’t hear people in movie talking that’s how loud music blade runner two received high ratings I did not like both of those movies what is answer that........?

Well if people don’t like humor in transformers movies and sexual jokes what is explanation for people who like marvel movies that have sexual jokes in them guardians of galaxy 2 talking about nipples and penis, Thor ragnarock making joke of dead person who is dead, marvel movies have same comedy from previous transformers movies and are successful but they do not act like in comics and cartoons.

Having comedy in movie or not does not make it good movie Thor 3 had to much comedy I didn’t like it,


This comment scares me on so many levels :-? :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994223)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 15th, 2018 @ 9:19pm CST
Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Survivefan23, we have word that AMC Theatres have revealed the runtime for the upcoming Transformers: Bumblebee movie!

The run time for the movie, as per AMC, is shown to be 1 hour 54 minutes, significantly shorter than the previous movies in the live action universe. with the remaining movies clocking in somewhere near 2 and a half hours. What this means for the quality of the movie is yet to be seen, considering Avengers: Infinity War was a slamming success despite such a long runtime, and the Lord of the Rings movies were also extra long and well received, but other long movies such as Transformers: The Last Knight and Bladerunner 2049 did not really live up to the expectations set for them.

So what does this run time mean for you? Does this excite or disappoint you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Image
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994226)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 15th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CST
Remember that TF spot #1 for Bumblebee that was in Spanish, and we were waiting on an English version of said trailer? Well, that English version has now dropped!

Thanks to the Comicbook.com Youtube channel, we have a new look at the TV spot #1 trailer, which here is revealed to be a full length international trailer as well. This version of the 1 minute long trailer shows us the same content from the previous Spanish version, but is now in English with Spanish subtitles. The trailer includes mostly previously seen footage, plus a shot of what looks like Thundercracker getting beat down by Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee's fun in trying to learn how to toilet paper a house.

Attached to this trailer are a few shorter TV spots as well, the first of which is in English and features a shot of what appears to be Charlie's family, along with a new shot of Shatter shooting her weapon in the same running scene from her and Dropkick's first robot mode images.

Check it all out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994230)
Posted by EunuchRon on November 15th, 2018 @ 10:33pm CST
I'm totally cool with 2 hours. If da story ain't all mucky that "bee" plenty o' time to do a good movie. 'Course it depends on how many bots Hasbro wants to get in the film though, but they keep the flick tight on story and key charicters and don't make it a marketing fest it can totally rock. :POPCORN:
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994247)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on November 16th, 2018 @ 4:20am CST
dragons wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
BluePhirePB wrote:After The Last Knight, I said I wouldn't watch anymore TF films in theatres. Having that said, I like what the new director has done so far and I would give this movie a chance.

I've said that even before TLK (after AoE) and I've been sitting in the cinema's hall sometime in the first two weeks of its release or I think even on its first day because I guess I haven't seen any reviews :HEADHURTS: :lol:

But this time I'll definitely wait for some reviews *fingers crossed* [-( :BANG_HEAD:


I’m not little kid I don’t need and never listen to reviews tell what movie I want to see here is what happen when people need reviews tell them what to do in life my father wanted see movies revenant and blade runner two I did not those trailers look boring to me but those two movies received high rating reviews I was boarded out of mind watching reverent and I fell sleep through first half of blade runner two and woke up with headache for music being loud you couldn’t hear people in movie talking that’s how loud music blade runner two received high ratings I did not like both of those movies what is answer that........?

Well if people don’t like humor in transformers movies and sexual jokes what is explanation for people who like marvel movies that have sexual jokes in them guardians of galaxy 2 talking about nipples and penis, Thor ragnarock making joke of dead person who is dead, marvel movies have same comedy from previous transformers movies and are successful but they do not act like in comics and cartoons.

Having comedy in movie or not does not make it good movie Thor 3 had to much comedy I didn’t like it,

As Sheldon's mom would put it: "You are a very special one."
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994390)
Posted by william-james88 on November 17th, 2018 @ 8:14am CST
Hasbro and Paramount are really going all out on the retro theme of the upcoming Transformers Bumblebee movie. With the Beetle alt mode, the 80s setting and even G1 rereleases sporting original packaging. Well to add to all this we have a new game based on the film available online on the official movie website for everyone to play. This game is made to look like 16 bit games of the past (like the SNES era) and is high score based, you can check my high score below. The idea is that you cannot run low on power and thus you must collect energon cubes, or oil while avoiding obstacles. There is a boss fight at every 5 levels where you will encounter Dropkick or Shatter and they will use both their alt modes.

Give the game a shot and let us know what you think!

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994394)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on November 17th, 2018 @ 8:51am CST
This is seriously one of the most fun games I've played in a while. It's just so well done! I wouldn't change a thing, seriously! But I WILL beat that score William! Count on it! :lol:
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Rated PG-13, Important Rating Differences to Past Movies #JoinTheBuzz (1994396)
Posted by william-james88 on November 17th, 2018 @ 8:56am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:This is seriously one of the most fun games I've played in a while. It's just so well done! I wouldn't change a thing, seriously! But I WILL beat that score William! Count on it! :lol:


We'll see :twisted:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Nemesis Prime Spinister Thrilling 30 Complete Legends Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Collection 3 100% Complete Micro Changers Kre-O Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Divebomb Tech Specs 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Tech Specs Mini 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Cutthroat Tech Specs 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Dreadwind Tech Specs Powermasters 1988 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blot 100% Complete 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Headstrong Tech Specs 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY