Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members

Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 4:47pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 23,919

Thats right Seibertronians, according to a report on TFW2005, Club members are reporting that the fifth and final figure for the Club exclusive gestalt is finally arriving at members homes. mykticon furnished images as proof of receiving the main piece of the five bot combiner.

For those of you not familiar with the set, the Transformers Collectors Club has been giving these exclusive figures to members as an incentive for membership over the last 5 years! The five figures are Landquake, Skyfall, Topspin, Breakaway and HEATWAVE. This last piece makes combining the long awaited gestalt a reality to faithful Club members who've been waiting with great anticipation for this last part.

To view the original post on this, click here.

Credit(s): mykticon

Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925641)
Posted by Mkall on May 23rd, 2009 @ 4:58pm CDT
I must say I'm kind of disappointed with the head, though it's not the best of pictures. I guess I was expecting something a little more epic.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925676)
Posted by El Duque on May 23rd, 2009 @ 6:02pm CDT
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925686)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 23rd, 2009 @ 6:27pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Cool I should get mine early next week then, I live fairly close to their headquarters.

Usually how it works for me; see members are getting something, and get it within a week or so myself. Nothing in the box yet, today (though I might go back out again after while and check again), so I'll just have to keep watch in coming days.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925708)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 23rd, 2009 @ 7:17pm CDT
this reminds me! i have not renewed my membership for a year and a half now! i will have to do that! #-o #-o
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925769)
Posted by Diem on May 23rd, 2009 @ 9:36pm CDT
"Nexus...Maximus"? That's a pretty damn ridiculous name.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925774)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 23rd, 2009 @ 9:56pm CDT
Wow! I am surprised. I was thoroughly under the impression that this wouldn't ship until Post-BotCon. I'm still doubtful I'll get mine any time soon, cuz I never get mine until a week or two after everyone else has theirs in the USA. But, that's more likely customs issue than a FunPub issue (though I half suspect that they ship Canadian and International members stuff after they finish shipping US Members products)
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925777)
Posted by Firebird on May 23rd, 2009 @ 9:59pm CDT
Yay! I can't wait to get mine

But I'm not sure if I like the new head...

And I thought the combiner was supposed to be a Prime?
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925802)
Posted by LiKwid on May 23rd, 2009 @ 11:14pm CDT
I live like 3 hours from their Hq and It takes weeks for me to get stuff from them..I would almost just drive up there and get it rather than wait LoL.. This is the first figure in the combiner series I'm getting , depending on how he looks , I might get the others.. That is if i can ... He doesn't look to bad, the head is kinda turn offish but I can live with it..
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925855)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 24th, 2009 @ 3:00am CDT
Firebird wrote:Yay! I can't wait to get mine

But I'm not sure if I like the new head...

And I thought the combiner was supposed to be a Prime?

The combiner was supposed to be one of the original 13... though not all of The Thirteen were dubbed Prime (though many are). Nexus, I'm sure, is due to his cross-dimensional nature - five parts from, as I count it, 4 different universes (Skyfall and Landquake from the A/E/C universe, Breakaway from Classics, Topspin from some undisclosed universe, and Heatwave from Shattered Glass).

I agree, though - to me, he'll probably be Nexus Prime.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925877)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 24th, 2009 @ 5:00am CDT
Take a look at the carving from one of the comics. The head is different to the one that was released.

The new head reminds me of a combination of Piranacon and Beast Wars Quickstrike.

Image taken from http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Skyfall
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925879)
Posted by Burn on May 24th, 2009 @ 5:23am CDT

meh, what do I care, mine probably won't arrive for another year anyway.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925930)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 24th, 2009 @ 10:37am CDT
Burn wrote:So all these years of being promised remolds and then finally being told "it'll only be a head" ... that's all we get?

meh, what do I care, mine probably won't arrive for another year anyway.

Hang on, they only ever promised a new combiner head not any other remolding. Next year, I am hoping for a new addition to Shattered Glass. Maybe Soundwave since he is in Heatwave's comic.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (925973)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 24th, 2009 @ 12:27pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

meh, what do I care, mine probably won't arrive for another year anyway.

Well, TECHNICALLY (as I remember it), we were initially promised remolding on every toy... then when Skyfall came out, they promised remolding on everything else, since they couldn't work it in for that one... then when Landquake was released, they said they would try to get remolding on the other 2 limbs and body... then they kind of gave up, and promised at least a new head.

My first impression was that it's a throwback/homage to RiD Omega Prime... though I can see bits and pieces of other characters (like the two you mentioned) in it. Or more specifically, I *can't* refute anything, since the photo is so blurry. :D
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (926050)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 24th, 2009 @ 3:19pm CDT
emeraldbeacon wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:

meh, what do I care, mine probably won't arrive for another year anyway.

Well, as I recall it, Skyfall was supposed to have a new head and then he didnt due to an explained combination of time and monetary issues, they then said that they would "try" to have remolding done on the others but that it was unlikely (because of the monetary concerns, not time ones) and, since Skyfall, I at least have not expected a remolded part on any of the limbs. We all, at the TFCC message board, were really pushing the "at least give the combined mode a new head" angle for a solid while, and that is what we got and all that I expected we would get after the very first "dissapointment".
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (926057)
Posted by Burn on May 24th, 2009 @ 3:57pm CDT
emeraldbeacon had it right, they promised changes to each figure from the get go, first one was released with nothing, then there was "we'll try" and eventually we got a new head.

To me it's just another negative for FunPub and in my eyes.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (926059)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 24th, 2009 @ 3:59pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

Shattered Glass Soundwave is already a toy. He is the White Soundwave MP3 Player that Takara released in 2007.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (926068)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 24th, 2009 @ 4:31pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:

Actually, when he arrives on Earth he takes a body similar to Classics 2.0 Ironhide. He even wears a headband.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (926403)
Posted by Editor on May 25th, 2009 @ 11:03am CDT
Whatever you do, don't google Nexus Maximus. especially at work.
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (926552)
Posted by Burn on May 25th, 2009 @ 4:37pm CDT
Editor wrote:Whatever you do, don't google Nexus Maximus. especially at work.

:shock:
Re: Transformers Club Figure HEATWAVE Arriving For Club Members (926558)
Posted by LiKwid on May 25th, 2009 @ 4:57pm CDT
Editor wrote:Whatever you do, don't google Nexus Maximus. especially at work.

:shock: Nexus Prime it is then............

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition Raptor Figure - Dinobot Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue bots CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS PVC Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Prime PP-21 Terracon Ripper Snapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2017 ROADBLOCK SDCC revolution TRANSFORMERS Complete With Stand" on EBAY
Buy "Grandslam Cassette ~ 100% Complete 1988 G1 Transformers Action Figure W/TECH" on EBAY