Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 1:16pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Event News, Company News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 89,907

The Transformers Collector's Club has just updated with a peek at the cover of issue #33. On it, we see full character art for G2 Redux Breakdown as well as Generations Red Alert!

Credit(s): Transformers Collector's Club

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 1:24pm CDT

Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078546)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on May 25th, 2010 @ 2:34pm CDT
Boy am I glad I have not dished out the 70-90 dollar going rate for the Hankei version or Red Alert :ic$: :ic$:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078550)
Posted by Blurrz on May 25th, 2010 @ 2:47pm CDT
Generations Red Alert looks nice... and I will definitely be picking up WFC Soundwave and Megs..
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078554)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 25th, 2010 @ 2:56pm CDT

I think Breakdown is my favorite though. I want that figure.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078575)
Posted by Rated X on May 25th, 2010 @ 3:58pm CDT
"Head on over the Club's homepage for the full story, or to site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com to preorder Generations Red Alert."

Also wongering who else is in Generations wave 2 along with Red Alert ??? Possibly Dirge I hope ???
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078577)
Posted by Jenus on May 25th, 2010 @ 4:05pm CDT
Is there anyway of viewing this issue on the clubs website? I ask because I won't be here when it arrives and I won't be able to see it till sometime in july, just really don't feel like waiting that long.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078618)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 25th, 2010 @ 6:07pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I thought the Generations line is going to be released in retail ??? Who would order it online unless the live in the middle of nowhere ???

Well, I live in Seoul, the capital city of South Korea so it is not exactly the middle of nowhere. I highly doubt Generations will get released here anytime soon. Transformers are not big business in Korea. We have the movie line and Galaxy Force out just now. I preordered wave 1 and 3 at bbts to make sure I get them. If they get released here I will feel a bit daft but it is better safe than sorry.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078620)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 25th, 2010 @ 6:09pm CDT
Guess they had some spare light bars from Prowl lying around. Not too shabby.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078623)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 25th, 2010 @ 6:15pm CDT
Wait, so Red Alert is going to be released in America! Sweet! Can't wait to see how more awesome it is that the crummy old Japanese version! :lol:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078633)
Posted by Blurrz on May 25th, 2010 @ 6:58pm CDT
Rated X wrote:

1. Yes they will be.
2. Because BigBadToyStore gets the figures first. Because pre-ordering the figures now solidifies some toy owners that they will be getting the figures without worrying about going through retail.
3. Red Alert is in Generations Wave 3, not Wave 2, and Wave 3 includes;

1x Cybertron Megatron
1x Cybertron Soundwave
1x Darkmount
1x Red Alert
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078637)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 25th, 2010 @ 7:04pm CDT
Also, the amount of gas I would spend hunting for figures would far outweigh the $1 or $2 premium at BBTS.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078654)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 25th, 2010 @ 7:53pm CDT
If there's a thread for #33 now, I'll wager it'll be in the mailbox by Saturday. Cause dat's normally how it goes for me. (Yay! Sumfin to look forward too!)

Good grief though. Gen's working out well...
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078667)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 25th, 2010 @ 9:01pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:Is it just me, or is Generations Red Alert yet another retool of the U2.0 Sideswipe/Sunstreaker mold? Not that I mind. That's how it's meant to be. They're just milking this body for all it's worth is all.

Yep, as expected.

Pics of Megatron & Soundwave, ehh...too bad non-members like me gotta wait awhile to see it.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078685)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 25th, 2010 @ 9:50pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
Rated X wrote:

1. Yes they will be.
3. Red Alert is in Generations Wave 3, not Wave 2, and Wave 3 includes;

1x Cybertron Megatron
1x Cybertron Soundwave
1x Darkmount
1x Red Alert

Wave 3? Pure sex. I'm sure the scalpers will have a field day...

I'm happy to say that I'm getting seriously more and more excited about BotCon. That Red Alert looks damn sexy too...
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078692)
Posted by Shadowstream on May 25th, 2010 @ 10:14pm CDT
Am I the only one who notices that he has both the light bar and turbo charger still?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078702)
Posted by MatrixWithinUs on May 25th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078759)
Posted by Jenus on May 26th, 2010 @ 6:09am CDT
MatrixWithinUs wrote:Tiny little pieces of me die inside each time I see what's in store for the Generations line. It's awesome, don't get me wrong but, I did spend the money for the japan versions of Thrust, Dirge, and most recently Red Alert. I wouldn't have if I had known but, no one seems to know a year or more in advance what Hasbro's going to do!! :lol: Maybe in the next year and a half, those of us who can't afford the japan Unicron, such as myself, maybe Hasbro will see to that. 8-} I know lots of you save up like I do to try and get these exclusives. Then WHAM a huge slap in the face!!! I love supporting the home team rather than paying these huge mark ups for oversea figures. Not only am i going for a nice complete collection but, a collection with a little value ya know. OH WELL. That's how it goes though everything is a gamble. :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

I thought the same thing at first, but I got to say the Henkei line is much better than Hasbro's poor attempts at a paint job it's well worth the price though every once in awhile Hasbro might do something right. The deal with Thrust being released is awesome but for me I prefer Takara's even though Hasbro actually pulled a pretty good show accurate version, I'll still pick it up but it will be the first figure I leave sealed and as for Unicron I doubt Hasbro will release another but they might, Takara did it with MP Starscream but even still I don't think Hasbro will do any better.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1078783)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 26th, 2010 @ 7:20am CDT

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I just buy both.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1079432)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 27th, 2010 @ 7:59pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I just buy both.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I'd bought Henkei Ramjet, that's what I'd do as well. Since I didn't, I need to make a point of grabbing Generations Ramjet.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1081311)
Posted by Dagon on June 2nd, 2010 @ 2:24pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Wow they got a lot of use out of that one mold: Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Red Alert, Punch/Counterpunch, Breakdown.

I think Breakdown is my favorite though. I want that figure.

Yes they are. The mold got/is getting almost as much use as a Seeker mold normally does. :lol:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #33 Cover: G2 Redux Breakdown and Generations Red Alert (1081322)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 2nd, 2010 @ 2:56pm CDT
Dagon wrote:

I think Breakdown is my favorite though. I want that figure.

I remember that happening with Beast Machines deluxe-class Jetstorm. It never got retooled (where with this guy there always seems to be some variation to the mold), but there were as many repaints to Jetstorm as there were to the Sun/Swipe mold.

Razorclaw0000 wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I just buy both.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah. I know. Quoting the same post twice. I got thinking about it though; is it just me, or is Generations Thrust actually a repaint of Henkei Thrust? When I look at the newer one, I'm pretty sure the deco on the wings is different, and the red is more metallic looking. Maybe it's just me, though. That's what I get for thinking...
:roll:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers APEFACE War for Cybertron Siege WFC-S50 - Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY