Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders

Transformers News: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders

Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 12:06AM CDT

Category: Collector's Club News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 27,040

Thanks to the Transformers Collector's Club via several different email sources, we have an update on the final figures that the Club will be producing. Among the news given to us were the final Pre-orders, which consist of the G.I. Joe Club/Transformers Club Crossover Exclusive 5 pack(Scarlett Ninja Force, Dr. Sidney Biggles-Jones, Cobra Commander, Megatron, Ratbat), the 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human ARCEE Figure, and the 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human RODIMUS PRIME Figure. Also included was mention that Figure Subscription Service 5.0 will be shipping late in the year, manufacturing issues included, and the figures will be arriving in groups of 2 now. You can see the whole email update below.

Hello members,

As we get closer to the end of the club we have a couple of updates on our final TF related products. You can now pre-order the:

(PRE-ORDER) 2016 G.I. Joe Club/Transformers Club Crossover Exclusive 5 pack(Scarlett Ninja Force, Dr. Sidney Biggles-Jones, Cobra Commander, Megatron, Ratbat) 1 set $129 +shipping (PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY IN-STOCK ITEMS TO THIS PRE-ORDER)

(PRE-ORDER) 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human ARCEE Figure (1 pc) $29+shipping (PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY IN-STOCK ITEMS TO THIS PRE-ORDER)

(PRE-ORDER) 2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human RODIMUS PRIME Figure (1 pc) $29 +shipping (PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY IN-STOCK ITEMS TO THIS PRE-ORDER)

These items will ship to you just before Christmas if the current schedule holds. As with the FSS 5.0 order policy, any member or former member back to about mid 2012 that is in the current online system can log in and pre-order these items. Remember that the quantities are being split between the two clubs.

As for the
due to delays at the manufacturer, these should arrive in time to ship around the end of the year. However, there has been a change in the process. These figures will be packed into only three shipments, 2 figures, 2 figures and the final 2 figures with the bonus figure.

This means that there will be an installment payment due in January and one in February. The billing dates will not be set until we know the shipment is on it's way here.

Thanks for your continued support!

Brian
Credit(s): Transformers Collector's Club
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832716)
Posted by kurthy on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:18am CDT
I'm a little disappointed this will go into the new year, but it does free up my wallet now.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832732)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:34am CDT
Yeah, it's a little upsetting that 5.0 won't be coming until next year but damn, my wallet needs a break this year. I have quite a few preorders for November and December and two installment payments on top of those would've hurt. Then there's also Christmas as well. I was also hoping to not have to order such a big lot just for that green Megatron. I guess I'll have to pass on him as I don't have the extra money to order the set and sell off what I don't want. Especially because I might end up not selling the rest of the set off.

Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832736)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:38am CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:I still think it's a waste that Scorponok isn't using the Blackjack mold considering Toxitron is using the Battle Core Optimus mold. Scamper is cool and all especially since I don't have him yet but another Blackjack would've been better for the combiners sake.
Scorponok is using the Scamper mold so as to let Scorponok be considered an accessory to Fractyl rather than as his own figure, like how Scamper was deemed an accessory to Metroplex.

Plus, the Scamper mold has a visored face with a mouth and big forearms like Scorponok had, whereas the Blackjack mold doesn't have those distinctively Scorponok-like features. Nor is Scorponok meant to be part of a combiner.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832833)
Posted by triKlops on October 12th, 2016 @ 11:24am CDT
So, i got in on all 3 crossover sets.
I had originally hoped that the only human 2packs would have made it through but i will take the 2 single offerings and hope that the other 2 will show up somehow in the "future"...
The set is intriguing, however it really was the MP Rabat that sold me on it.
Whether or not that will prove wise will only be learned once i have it in hand.
On another note, purchasing these has me seriously considering the SDCC16 crossover set as well.
Never got my hands on one of the SDCC x-over offerings before, so it would be a good addition now that the TFCC items are a go.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832883)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:35pm CDT
Before I order anything, it's slipped my mind. If you preorder, do they charge your card right then and there, or when it comes in?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832919)
Posted by TF_JW on October 12th, 2016 @ 2:51pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832921)
Posted by TF_JW on October 12th, 2016 @ 2:53pm CDT
The 5-pack in box:

tf_joe_crossover_box_book.jpg

And here's a description of how the book-style packaging works:

The "book style" packaging for the 5 figure GIJOE / TRANSFORMERS crossover set is VERY collector friendly. Once the front panel is opened, the clear sleeve slides off. Figures can be removed and replaced in the internal blister tray as desired for play or display.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1832929)
Posted by TF_JW on October 12th, 2016 @ 3:06pm CDT
And so you don't have to squint:

Presumed dead when the Ark slammed back into the Earth, the mighty Megatron clandestinely worked to repair the crashed star cruiser. That is until a castle in Trans-Carpathia with a familiar conversion ability caught his attention. When Megatron approached the structure, he attempted to communicate with the castle as he believed it to be a fellow Decepticon. It was not! The Silent Castle was the covert base of operations for the terrorist group calling itself Cobra. Damaged from the Ark's crash and further damaged by the Silent Castle's defenses, Megatron reluctantly forged a deal with Cobra's supreme leader. Megatron would be rebuilt with a new body and alternate mode while Cobra Commander would gain access to Cybertronian technology. With the information and schematics Megatron had given Cobra scientists, Cobra Commander displayed a holographic blueprint of the Decepticon leader's new body. Megatron was impressed, but proceeded with caution. He could sense deception everywhere. He didn't trust Cobra Commander or Dr. Biggles-Jones, the scientist and weapons expert forced to develop Cobra's new rail gun, or the G.I. Joe defector Scarlett in Cobra's medical bay, or the secret Cobra experiment now waking in the basement laboratories of the Silent Castle...

However, not even Megtron was aware of a second set of Decepticon eyes that watched as the events unfolded. Cloaked in the dark corners of the base, Ratbat's interest had been drawn by rumors of Dr. Biggles-Jones' rail gun. As had the solitary investigators, Autobot Black Cat and Autobot Toaster, who had also infiltrated the Silent Castle hoping to determine how humans had acquired such advanced technology. Neither the Autobots nor the Ratbat had imagined that they'd set their eyes upon the returned Decepticon leader, rebuilt and badder than ever!
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1833008)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 12th, 2016 @ 6:20pm CDT
TF_JW wrote:I believe that when you order through the Club Store, your card is charged at the time the order is placed.

Thanks. Looks like I'll be waiting, then.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1833014)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2016 @ 6:47pm CDT
TF_JW wrote:And so you don't have to squint:
I understand that the whole story is originally inspired by the Marvel Joe comics crossover, but with the new additions to the story of Ratbat, Toaster, and Black Cat (two words now?) making it differ from how the original story's events went down, what new Marvel-inspired continuity might we consider this set to apply to?

And would it all be set in the same continuity as the Marissa/Afterbreaker and Old Snake/B.A.T.s sets? Those sets got their own write up story in one of the magazine issues, which described events based on those of the G1 cartoon, but with some notable differences as well.

Are all of the Club's TF/Joe crossover sets part of some greater Fun Pub TF/Joe crossover continuity? Or are they a part of some preexisting one(s)? Like, I could see the Marissa/Afterbreaker and Old Snake/B.A.T.s sets belonging to the Wings Universe, but this new set definitely seems to be part of some Marvel-based universe, but neither Classics nor OMAM seem to fit the bill as we know events akin to Marvel G2 did not happen in Classics and nor does OMAM have any signs of these events having happened since there was no humanity on OMAM Earth prior to the Classicsverse humans coming to OMAM Earth (so there'd have been no G.I. Joe or Cobra on OMAM Earth in the past).
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1833015)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on October 12th, 2016 @ 6:51pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
G.B. Blackrock wrote:
Emerje wrote:
G.B. Blackrock wrote:Time will tell. I don't read this as shipping in 2017. Just paying.

Yes, this would be a change from past practice.

Problem is if they ship them all at the end of the year there's nothing stopping people from using false payment information for the remaining installments. There's also no point in doing three shipments if they're all coming at the same time.

Emerje

I don't disagree that it's a potential problem. I'm also not convinced that they're legally able to make shipments later. They've sounded pretty definitive in this matter in the past,

No, I agree, that was my understanding as well, but then why not just charge us in November and December instead? It's not like they can't charge the remaining installments first like they do the pay-in-full folks. I don't know, there's nothing normal going on with this subscription round.

Emerje

The simple answer to "why not charge us in November...?" would seem to be their continued commitment to not charging us the second installment until after the first set is out. Does it make the most sense? Maybe not. Still....
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1833175)
Posted by Tranzilla on October 13th, 2016 @ 9:47am CDT

I still wish me had gotten an Omega Doom from Cybertron Menasor. :(
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1833342)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on October 13th, 2016 @ 5:26pm CDT
Tranzilla wrote:That's some hefty pricetag on what they're offering. $129? I see maybe $90 or $100 worth, tops. Of course, I'd only be in it for the lower half of the product. The packaging itself is pretty nifty, though.

I still wish me had gotten an Omega Doom from Cybertron Menasor. :(

I really do see that high price as stemming from the fact that they packed so many things into the box. When I did the math on how much I would expect to pay for each item at retail*, the multiplier actually came out pretty low. Not as good as the subscription figures (which generate a good rate precisely by making you commit to all 6/7 figures at once), but lower than just about everything else that wasn't a membership incentive figure in the past several years.

*And I just considered Blackcat and Toaster as "extras".
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1834742)
Posted by o.supreme on October 19th, 2016 @ 12:31pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Finally, an update at the bottom of their latest club store email. Looks like some of this has been pushed back to 2017.

So I guess December, January, and February releases?

Emerje

darn...I think this just threw a kink in *my* & anyone's plan to collect only the figures which make up Wreckage.

They will probably pair up one Wreckage figure with a Pretender for the first two shipments.

The last Shipment will probably be Toxitron, Lifeline, & the 7th/bonus.

Of course I can always hope/pray that the first two shipments are divided as Prime/Megatron and Fractyl/Counterpunch. Then at the end I would only have one figure I didn't want, and could easily sell.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1851102)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 7th, 2017 @ 10:39pm CST
Thanks to the Transformers Collector's Club Facebook, we have an update on the shipping status of the 5.0 figures. The figures are still meant to ship and the club will be fulfilling all the orders placed, even though their time as the official club has ended.

They were also kind enough to share new artwork of Double Pretender Optimus Prime!

You can check out the Facebook release below, along with the new artwork!

We will still be filling TFSS 5.0 orders, selling licensed Transformers Club/Convention product and offering customer service in 2017, however our time as the official Transformers Collectors' Club ends tonight at midnight EST. Thank you all for you support over the last 12 years. Even though we will still be here, let's close this chapter with your first look at the artwork for Double Pretender Optimus Prime! (Art by Dan Khanna and Josh Perez.)

Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1851131)
Posted by Kurona on January 8th, 2017 @ 6:37am CST
Okay, that's some awesome art. They captured the cheesy 80s pretender boxart style perfectly.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1851147)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 8th, 2017 @ 9:44am CST
heres an update from the Sub service webpage https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/vie ... ilID=29023. In case the link dosnt work i've copied the contents below

Merry Christmas!

Due to manufacturing delays, the container will not leave China until the middle of January. This means that your first shipment should depart here by the end of February. Because of the delays, we have combined the figures into three shipments. After the first shipment we will run the billing for the second installment. We will not schedule the two installment billings until we have the container in hand. I know you are all anxious to receive the final figures from the Transformers Collectors' Club.

Thanks for your patience.

Brian
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1851372)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 9th, 2017 @ 3:26pm CST
Seibertronian Grimdragon2001 has given us a further update on the shipping of the Subscription Service 5.0 figures. The figures, as we know, have been pushed back, and it now appears they will be shipping at the end of February. The figures are also now being sent in 3 shipments. You can read the forwarded email text below.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for your patience.

Brian
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1851381)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 9th, 2017 @ 4:11pm CST
FFS TCC's TFSS 5.0!

ETA?

IDK...
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Update with Final Club Pre-Orders (1851386)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 9th, 2017 @ 5:01pm CST
The first ones in March, then April, and May most likely.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Voyager Class Springer Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron FOC Deluxe Class Whirl MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation One G1 Reissue Walmart Exclusive Tailgate New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrust  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Wheelie Sealed MISB MOSC Legends Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sergeant Kup 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Scourge Fracas 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Fall of Cybertron Skywarp (Complete)" on EBAY