Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail

Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail

Sunday, June 21st, 2020 10:09pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,909

That was fast. We just learnt that this pretty cool looking figure exists and now it can be yours. Transformers fan T-Hybrid spotted it at an Apple Valley Target in Minnesota. They took some extra images to show that the cape might be purposefully detachable, which could make for a less goofy wolf mode.

This voyager sized toy is just shy of $20.

The images were originally posted on the TFW2005 boards. You can click here to see some official images of this figure.

Transformers News: ransformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail

Transformers News: ransformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail

Transformers News: ransformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068802)
Posted by bacem on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:50am CDT
Hm, it seems the cape is rubbery plastic, and detachable. Interesting.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068815)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 22nd, 2020 @ 6:29am CDT
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068816)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2020 @ 6:55am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Odd color choices if he's blue in the show. Having said that he looks like he's the offspring of skullcruncher and carnivac - and as disturbing as that is, it makes him cooler.

I can't unsee this and it make me want the figure even more!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068855)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:09pm CDT
I will get my hands on both him and Iaconus... no matter the cost.

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068906)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2020 @ 7:38pm CDT
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:I will get my hands on both him and Iaconus... no matter the cost.

:BH-PREDACON:

I plan to as well. They both look good so far, and I want to support the characters I like, the new characters that I liked, and the fact that it looks to be a good and enjoyable toy.

Hopefully I can fit them onto my Cyberverse shelf. They only have the 1 shelf! And I still gotta get Iaconus, Thunderhowl, Arcee, and Maccadam up there. And maybe Skullsmasher if they actually ends up coming out
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068915)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2020 @ 7:57pm CDT
I got to play around with my Cheetor and I gotta admit, I'm impressed. It must be the cleanest Cheetor toy in bot mode ever made. Yes, even beating the MP. Sure, in cheetah mode he wear boots, but it make him look like an upgrade to the classic Puss-n-Boots.

As for the armor gimmick, it's pretty silly that this cat is wearing a whole DESTROYER as armor, but it's very cool despite the limited articulation points.

Maybe worth full price, but it's a must if found on sale! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068930)
Posted by william-james88 on June 22nd, 2020 @ 9:57pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Maybe worth full price, but it's a must if found on sale! :APPLAUSE:

I got it once but really disliked it so I put it back. Not sure what it was exactly, I just know I wasn't a fan.
Several of these figures have actually been disappointing me lately. I just got Rack N Ruin and I really dislike it. The extra articulation does not help the figure much. The the shoulder articulation being obstructed by that big wheel on his arms, creating a clearance issue and resulting in the arm popping off. Plus that alt mode looks unfinished. Will be returning him.

The other one that dissapointed me was Deluxe Hot Rod (Grimlock was fine though, I have no issues with him). Hot Rod is also hindered in his articulation with the way he is done in robot mode. I do like the alt mode though. I did make fun of its rather boxy shape but this toy is a good realization of that change.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068946)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 23rd, 2020 @ 4:02am CDT

Anyway, I'm very selective in my Cyberverse purchases. I've yet to buy any deluxes. The only ones that I'm looking forward to right now are Arcee and that wolf guy. I'll buy them both full price when they come out.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068952)
Posted by william-james88 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 6:46am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:You mean you still haven't tried Cheetor yet? Or did you bought it then return it?

I bought cheetor and then returned him.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068977)
Posted by william-james88 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 3:25pm CDT
Several fans have been buying the newly found Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl and now we have images and first impressions. For one, we have confirmation that you can remove the cape (though there are no images of the Wolf mode without it) and we also see that the tail is not the sword but the sheath instead.

Here are quick descriptions of the toy from Dirge121 and einhazard who shared their thoughts on the TFW2005 boards along with the images you see below.

Dirge121 wrote:Ball joints in the shoulders and hips
Swivels at the biceps and thighs
Hinge knees and elbows
Ball jointed wrists and Universal ankles
Wolf head can open its mouth and pivot up and down at the base of the neck and the base of the skull.

He’s really only missing a neck swivel in robot mode.

einhazard wrote:Pros:
Cool design; I like that the tail is a sheath rather than a sword
The energon armor isn't super obtrusive (you can just straight-up ignore its existence if you want)
Transformation that's a little more complex than I thought. (but it's still basically the same as the armor-up cheetor)
crazy articulation for an Ultra

Cons:
The cape MUST BE REMOVED to do the armor but they don't make it easily removable (this is the worst part, and would not be a hassle if you didn't have to apply a stupid amount of force to get it to clip in. Ironically, you can transform him just fine with the cape on)
You have to pull the wolf head off the chest to make the armor work
Floppy hips

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068978)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 23rd, 2020 @ 3:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068979)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 3:52pm CDT
Must. Get. NOW!!! =P~

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2068982)
Posted by william-james88 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 4:10pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I think having to take the wolf head off for the armor can be forgiven in light of what a cool sword hilt it makes

Also its show accurate, which means the deluxe figure isn't, sadly
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2069000)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 23rd, 2020 @ 5:33pm CDT
This Ultra Wolf will be MINE! :x
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2069028)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2020 @ 7:38pm CDT
I'm looking forward to both Wolves, they are fantastic looking!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2069096)
Posted by Cobotron on June 24th, 2020 @ 1:27pm CDT

This! For sure! ;)^

Please remind me friends, we are getting a Deluxe of this guy too right?
Because this version looks pretty dang cool. I might like to have this biggon over the deluxe.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2069100)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2020 @ 1:39pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:

This! For sure! ;)^

Please remind me friends, we are getting a Deluxe of this guy too right?
Yes, there is a Deluxe too. But the wolf head doesn't appear to detach from that version.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2069201)
Posted by Emerje on June 25th, 2020 @ 1:08am CDT
Shame that we're getting two nice Thunderhowl molds and neither of them are the right colors. The prototype on the back of the Ultra box is pretty close, but then they go and make him green. I don't get it, how could that happen? Usually it's the other way around and the prototype is funny colored while the final figure is more accurate, but this is strange. It's like Hasbro came up with the black scheme for the prototype, but the animation went green and then both swapped not realizing the other was swapping and ended up with still the wrong colors.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2069209)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 25th, 2020 @ 4:42am CDT
Emerje wrote: It's like Hasbro came up with the black scheme for the prototype, but the animation went green and then both swapped not realizing the other was swapping and ended up with still the wrong colors.

Emerje

Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. A recent example being Bumblebee from the latest Movie. It's one thing for a normal retail toy. But even the freaking MPM is wrong.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Thunderhowl Found at US Retail (2069213)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 25th, 2020 @ 5:31am CDT
Or it's the dumb movie that's wrong for hiding the door wings

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Lot - Movie Line RID Prime Cybertron Fall Megatron Optimus Steeljaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Robots In Disguise: Autobot JAZZ" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON  RID 2001 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bisk Figure Hasbro 2015 One Step Changer RID HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vs GI Joe 9 10 Set IDW 2015 Scioli Metroplex Megatron Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Dragon & RID Megatron DINOBOT Parts Lot." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 35th Special Edition War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Combiner Wars New in Box Sealed 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY