Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release

Sunday, June 19th, 2016 9:43pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 30,762

Thanks to a pair of listings from a Taiwanese Game Rating Board, it seems that Transformers: Fall of Cybertron may be headed to our current gaming consuls! Now, we ask that you treat this as a rumor for now, but the listings have proven in the past to be indicators of some sort of upcoming game releases. It is also unknown whether or not this would upgrade the graphics to current levels of beauty, or if the original quality would be kept. You can check out the listings for the Play Station 4 and XBox One here.

So what do you think of the potential to play Fall of Cybertron on your PS4 or XBox consul? Let us know what you think in the comments section, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries.

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release

Credit(s): GameRating.org

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799021)
Posted by LevelRaze on June 19th, 2016 @ 10:03pm CDT
Activision already preparing for the possible doom of Infinite Warfare, hopefully this brings some light to the PC version and gets some stuff fixed such as not being able to pet Laserbeak. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799022)
Posted by Magna Prime on June 19th, 2016 @ 10:11pm CDT
I would LOVE to get this on the PS4.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799037)
Posted by Samsonator on June 19th, 2016 @ 11:18pm CDT
If they add in a co-op mode, I'm in. Otherwise, my PS3 copy will suffice, as all it does is sit unplayed on a shelf anyway.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799039)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 19th, 2016 @ 11:36pm CDT
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Ever since I made the upgrade to the Xbox One, I missed playing FoC... Definitely one of my all-time favorite games, regardless of it's Transformers.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799052)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 20th, 2016 @ 2:51am CDT
No thanks. I already have Devastation on my PS4 which is a hell of a lot more fun.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799056)
Posted by Coptur on June 20th, 2016 @ 3:41am CDT
Well instead of just releasing the same game :BANG_HEAD: :-x :ic$: :ic$:

why not update and combine War of Cyberton, Fall of Cybertron & the cybertron levels from Rise of the Dark Spark.

I sent them a tweet saying just that (which they'll just ignore).
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799058)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 20th, 2016 @ 4:09am CDT

If they want to remaster something then how about the PS2 Armada game?

Actually, I'd quite like a Beast Wars game.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799060)
Posted by Coptur on June 20th, 2016 @ 4:14am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Would much rather have a brand new game than a lazy remaster. Maybe they are testing the water to see if the fan base is still there for a sequel.

If they want to remaster something then how about the PS2 Armada game?

Actually, I'd quite like a Beast Wars game.

Yeah i couldn't agree more.

really need to go back and play that Armada Game again
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799070)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 20th, 2016 @ 6:01am CDT
Hopefully they keep the multiplayer, that was fun as hell.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799075)
Posted by Randomhero on June 20th, 2016 @ 6:41am CDT

If they want to remaster something then how about the PS2 Armada game?

Actually, I'd quite like a Beast Wars game.

You did get a semi sequel. Dark Spark. Sadly that's what we got and it wasn't even a upgrade to anything and the story was not very good and the reason why War and Fall of Cyberton is because it was developed by fans, High Moon. Sadly High Moon is precariously non existent anymore because deadpool was a flop and they lost half their staff when the game under performed. I like deadpool but it wasn't the success that activision and high moon hoped so half the studio got laid off.

If we did get a sequel it's probably be in the caliber of Dark Spark. The Cyberton part was good but it's because it was just more levels of FoC but didn't bring anything new to the table.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799092)
Posted by carytheone on June 20th, 2016 @ 10:03am CDT
Is there a demand for this? I just recently re-acquired both WfC and FoC on PS3. I wouldn't mind seeing a digital two-pack come out. WfC has some killer Co-Op!

At the most all I would imagine would be a bump in resolution frame-rate to 1080p an 60 fps respectively.

If the price was right I may double dip and trade in my physical copies ;)^
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799224)
Posted by Coptur on June 21st, 2016 @ 6:29am CDT
I don't think there is/was demand for a release of game that will likely have no changes.

If people and fans are clever they shouldn't buy the exact same game again, don't fall for the trap.

Like I said before if they took all 3 games and combined them added a few features/extra whether that be levels/gun/characters then it might be worth it.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1799315)
Posted by Big Grim on June 21st, 2016 @ 12:59pm CDT
I'd have thought this is simply due to X-Box One getting more and more 360 games being made backwards compatible.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1813443)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 8th, 2016 @ 8:29pm CDT
Australian Seibertronians, this bit of news is for you! It seems, according to an article from EuroGamer.net sent to us by user (and staff member) Burn, the 2012 game Fall Of Cybertron got a surprise Aussie rerelease today, potentially celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers: The Movie. The game is now available for the first time on the Xbox One and Play Station 4 consoles, through their respective online stores. This coming after news broke earlier this year about a potential release. So tell us, will you be celebrating the big 30 by playing a little FOC, Australian Transformers fans?
And, as always, keep it tuned right here for all the latest and greatest transformers news on the net!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1813449)
Posted by Kurona on August 8th, 2016 @ 8:45pm CDT
Oh cool, hope it comes to the UK soon.
... I say, with neither an Xbone or a PS4.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1813500)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 9th, 2016 @ 12:49am CDT
It's on the UK PS4 store this morning too.
I'm not really fussed. I hated War for Cybertron so probably wouldn't like this one. Maybe get it in a sale like I did with Dark Spark (I like the movie levels in that one) and Devastation (just one of my all time fave games even though I'm not a fan of the TFG1 cartoon).

I hope that somehow they can release the PS2 Transformers: Armada game to PS4 like many other PS2 games recently that have all got higher resolutions than the original PS2 releases, trophies, and make use of PS4 features like broadcasting and shareplay.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1813541)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 9th, 2016 @ 8:00am CDT
Its definitely an awesome game even though the ending does leave it a bit open ended (but that's okay). Glad it's becoming available on backwards compatibility on newer consoles. I'll most likely cling to my PC for gaming though. I'm actually replaying the campaign at the moment to get all the extras since last time I just kind of charged through it all the way.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1813617)
Posted by frogbat on August 9th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT
I had both war for and fall of cybertronian on the PS3

At its time it was the best tf game available and enjoyed it especially the story and certain atmosphere created on cybertron.

I wouldn't spend the money getting it fore the ps4 like I've done in the past for naughty dog games getting ported over... However for those who haven't played it it's worth checking out. Tho I recall foc being a bit buggy in certain parts.

My favourite game remains devastation short as it was, it was more fun.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1813672)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 9th, 2016 @ 1:31pm CDT
frogbat wrote:I had both war for and fall of cybertronian on the PS3

My favourite game remains devastation short as it was, it was more fun.

Personally I prefer WFC and FOC over other TF games myself. Just the ending of FoC was very open-ended while we do know the end result, it just was a bit of a let down in regards to that for me. Makes it feel incomplete in a way. FoC was fine for me on the PC, but I did play both of them on PC anyways. WFC was a bit buggy though, but wasn't as bad as say anything game breaking. I do prefer FoC's multiplayer over WFC actually. The customization is the best part.

I heard good things about Devastation, but yeah the central complaint was that it's short. I might try to go for it next and see how I do. I just want to be able to play as a Decepticon.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release (1815263)
Posted by Jazz813 on August 14th, 2016 @ 4:40pm CDT
I will not play this game as hardcore as the Xbox 360 version but I surely will take it on the Xbox One. Because in my opinion this game is the best game at the moment and a totally must have.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 - New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CYBERVERSE REPUGNUS TARGET EXCLUSIVE!  Loose, Complete!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Shockwave - Walgreens Exclusive Cyber Battalion" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TRYPTICON TITANS RETURN GENERATIONS With Brunt Serial 71561" on EBAY
Buy "NEW SEALED Hasbro Transformers Alternators Decepticon NEMESIS PRIME RARE" on EBAY