Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

Sunday, February 15th, 2009 6:32am CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 24,342

ACToys has images from the new Transformers Generations book. The book features new and older toys along with artwork and concept drawings. A coupon is included for the mail away figure – Henkei Mirage Electrodisruptor version, as was reported here earlier. Transformers Generations will be released in Japan tomorrow.

Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

To see more, click here.

Credit(s): ACToys, MiaO

Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884538)
Posted by Narc on February 15th, 2009 @ 7:07am CST
I wish they had an English version (with Electro Disruptor Ligier of course).

Oh my aching wallet! :sad:
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884593)
Posted by typh0id on February 15th, 2009 @ 10:23am CST
How much is this thing again?

And filling out that order form should be fun :P
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884614)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 15th, 2009 @ 11:40am CST
The book itself shouldn't cost you more than 30$, but as I understand it, you can't order the special Ligier outside of Japan, which is why BBTS has it set up to be able to get the Ligier. Iffin' I wasn't so pressed for cash, I'd be getting the set with that Ligier, but as is I don't even know if I can afford the book... and the book looks nice, but doesn't seem to have as much concept art in it as I would have liked. I think it all depends on how cheap I can get the book alone for...
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884624)
Posted by Firebird on February 15th, 2009 @ 12:09pm CST
The book looks really nice.

I wonder if it will ever get an American release and be translated into English.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884662)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 15th, 2009 @ 1:59pm CST
Firebird wrote:The book looks really nice.

Highly, highly unlikely.
Much of the product featured in the book with be Jaopanese only releases.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884679)
Posted by Firebird on February 15th, 2009 @ 3:00pm CST
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Firebird wrote:The book looks really nice.

Highly, highly unlikely.
Much of the product featured in the book with be Jaopanese only releases.

Oh well.

Guess its time to start learning Japanese then :P
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884701)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 15th, 2009 @ 4:03pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884716)
Posted by Stormrider on February 15th, 2009 @ 4:57pm CST
Supreme Convoy wrote:Couldn't find much info on this book... is it a reprint of Transformers Generations that came out years ago?

I believe it's a completely new book because the pages that were shown are all new.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884856)
Posted by Diem on February 16th, 2009 @ 4:31am CST
Bollocks, my local shop didn't have it. Need to keep searching.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884862)
Posted by MysticKnight on February 16th, 2009 @ 5:17am CST
Yeah, umm..I wouldn't recommend going to that site, I went there just out of curiosity, making a new window from the "Here" link and bam my Mcafee SiteAdvisor turned red, meaning bad, not good. Yellow is caution, like adware or spyware, red, can be much worse, so as usual I don't stick around, I click on X to get the F out of there..
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (884905)
Posted by Stormrider on February 16th, 2009 @ 8:05am CST
I just got the book. It is very cool. It basically begins where the Japanese Transformers Collection book left off 2 years ago (for reference http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Collection-2007-Action-Toy-Guide-Art-Book_W0QQitemZ280311048310QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280311048310&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318) . It is similar in style and quality as the former. Lots of detailed pictures showing numerous angles and gimmicks for each bot printed on high quality paper.

There are 100 pages. Each robot gets 1-4 pages. The book covers all of the Henkei figures and nicely includes a frame for each Hasbro version for comparison. The only Henkei not included were Red Alert, Smokescreen, and the Minibots (they'll probably be in volume 2).

For Binaltechs & Masterpiece it has: Arcee, Blue Streak, Argent Meister, Convoy, MP US Edition Starscream, MP Thundercracker, and Grimlock. The details of Grimlock are very cool and include the transformation process. Sorry...can't give away secrets.

For Encore, the book covers from Ironhide through Hoist. (Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave were covered in the Transformers Collection). The cassettes and Bruticus were not included, but will probably be in the next volume.

For the miscellenious figures you'll see - Mickey Mouse, Music Label Soundblaster & Exile Label Convoy, along with all the exclusives for the past two years.

Now for the fun part. The reason why this book is called "generations" is because it spans all 25 years ("Generations" is also the campaign name used on Takara Transformers website). Volume 1 gives us an in depth view of all the G1 Optimus Primes ever made (legitimately). Eight pages of Takara & Hasbro Primes showing all the large and small variations between each. There must be 20 Primes shown. I would imagine that the next volume will do something similar, perhaps with a different figure.

The other cool feature of this book is the concept art. Some very interesting, old, and outlandish artwork has been pulled from some dusty archive hidden below Takara's HQ. There are drawings of Powered Convoy (Ultra Magnus). But the armor shown is more similar to the Go-Bot power suits than to the G1 figure. For example, motorcycles are used for the arms and legs. Some other cool drawings include Prime's trailer transforming into a combat vehicle, and Prime himself had a different transformation and head (very Victory looking).

I highly recommend this book if you are into concept art and like referencing Japanese figures from numerous angles.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (885165)
Posted by Diem on February 16th, 2009 @ 6:24pm CST
DAMN YOU STORMY!!! :P

Which book shop did you get this from? If I don't find it today I'll be most miffed. Also, how much is the Ligier mail away?
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (885195)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 16th, 2009 @ 7:48pm CST
Damn, Stormrider, now I really want both of those books (like my desire for the original Generation Deluxe isnt frustrating enough...). But, dammit, I'm so broke...
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (885257)
Posted by Stormrider on February 16th, 2009 @ 10:26pm CST
Diem wrote:DAMN YOU STORMY!!! :P

I just went to a small local bookstore in my area that carries the hobby magazines. Geo sometimes carries hobby books, you might want to check there.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (885260)
Posted by Firebird on February 16th, 2009 @ 10:29pm CST
Stormrider thanks for the summary.

Does the book mention anything about the Alternity line?
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (885267)
Posted by Stormrider on February 16th, 2009 @ 10:39pm CST
Yes, it does cover Optimus Prime Alternity in a lot of detail - 9 pages, with additional pages with prototype pics. Alternity Megs is not covered.

The Lieger exclusive figure is Y4,500. Or, (2) for Y8,400.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (885366)
Posted by Rhapsodyred99 on February 17th, 2009 @ 7:35am CST
I have the Leiger figure on order form BBTS. I just hate to pay 30 bucks for a book I can't even read. I know thier are lots of pictures, so its pretty darn tempting. I may have to see if any are at Botcon this year so I can leaf through them.

If I can see it myself I may cave and buy one.

I'm pretty stoked about the next volume that will have the ghost of starscream as the figure. Hopefully BBTS will have the same deal there.
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (885941)
Posted by Diem on February 18th, 2009 @ 6:37am CST
FINALLY got it; had to go to Kinokuniya in Shinjuku. It's a bloody sweet book and I'm confident that non-Japanese speakers can still enjoy it. It's very pretty.

Now to order myself a couple of Rijies.

I wonder how much demand a clear Grimlock would be in for volume 3...
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (886465)
Posted by Diem on February 19th, 2009 @ 7:11am CST
What the hell? Rijie isn't being mailed out 'til August?
Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images (886993)
Posted by Stormrider on February 20th, 2009 @ 3:50am CST
FantoFan has posted some more scans from the Transformers Generations magazine.

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY