Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners

Friday, January 15th, 2016 2:36am CST

Categories: Site Articles, Transtopia, Contests
Posted by: no-one   Views: 37,035

Howdy fellow Seibertronians and welcome to the Transformers Photo Challenge.

Each challenge will have a theme and a description of any guidelines that need to be followed. If you want to participate, then all you have to do is setup some figures that fit the theme, snap a picture and post the image in the discussion below. The Transformers Photo Challenge is for all skill levels and is just about having fun. Previous challenges can be found here.

Robots that team up to form larger more powerful robots is a fan favorite gimmick and last year was all about combining robots. We had scramble style bots, a six bot team of devastation and various smaller bots that acted as weapons and accessories. We still have at least one retail release coming this year with several boxed sets to follow.

The theme for Transformers Photo Challenge #10 is Combiners. Use any combining figures from G1 to Combiner Wars. All you need is at least 2 bots that combine, officially or unofficially. Scramble and pose 'em up, then hit the jump below and show us what you got!

Remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries and the most Transformers fun you can have this side of a space bridge.

Credit(s): carytheone

This article was last modified on Friday, January 15th, 2016 10:21am CST

Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755728)
Posted by no-one on January 15th, 2016 @ 2:39am CST

Bruticus

Repaintron
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755767)
Posted by Microraptor on January 15th, 2016 @ 8:47am CST
carytheone wrote:To get the juices flowing, I'll post a few pics I took recently. One of an official combiner and one just for fun.

Repaintron

The Alpha Bravo mold really works for the legs. They're just bulky enough to look strong, but lean enough to make the feet seem well-proportioned.
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755773)
Posted by joevill on January 15th, 2016 @ 9:06am CST
Powerlinx Unicron
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755776)
Posted by Cobotron on January 15th, 2016 @ 9:34am CST
More ball rolling with some oldies.

Rescue Prime

Galvatronus

Scale Play: Autobots

Scale Play: Decepticons

The Battle of Bakkyardia

The White Knight of Cybertron

Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755777)
Posted by Va'al on January 15th, 2016 @ 9:43am CST
Combiner.

Shoe-mbiner.

Helicombiner.

Combin-err..
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755813)
Posted by Antz on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:44am CST
Here's a few of my favorite combiner shots I've taken recently:

Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755814)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:45am CST
Based on the classic scramble city picture.
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755830)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:25am CST

Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755831)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:27am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Awesome!

Va'al wrote:Image
Headmasters style!

carytheone wrote:
;)^

carytheone wrote:
Repaintron
Nice. :lol: â €Lucky for him "Overkill" was already taken.
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755835)
Posted by Mr Skram on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:35am CST
Coptimus Prime (White Prime with three cop vehicles and a heliCOPter!)

Color Wars, Blue vs Red

Edit: Here's something I threw together specifically for the challenge just now.

Tigerhawk combiner!

Another edit(sorry!) Felt it deserved better than a phone camera pic.
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755946)
Posted by Cobotron on January 15th, 2016 @ 5:45pm CST
@ ANTZ - WELCOME TO SEIBERTRON! That's a helluva 1st post! :APPLAUSE:
@ Va'al - What's Prime gonna do with all those Primes? :lol:
@ Cyberpath - took a few viewings before I noticed the "mass shifting" going on. :lol: Awesome.
@ Mr Scram - I dig Coptimus, and Tigerhawk is SWEET! :-D

@ Carydaman - Great first day on the new challenge. ;)^
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1755988)
Posted by Autobot N on January 15th, 2016 @ 7:52pm CST
Cobotron wrote:@ ANTZ - WELCOME TO SEIBERTRON! That's a helluva 1st post! :APPLAUSE:
@ Va'al - What's Prime gonna do with all those Primes? :lol:
@ Mr Scram - I dig Coptimus, and Tigerhawk is SWEET! :-D

@ Carydaman - Great first day on the new challenge. ;)^

Cobs, I take your White Knight, and raise you this! (please excuse the horrible picture quality, all I have to work with is a darn phone camera)
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756004)
Posted by Cobotron on January 15th, 2016 @ 8:37pm CST
DS! Your pic is broken! Reload! Edit! Reload! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756010)
Posted by Mr Skram on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:09pm CST
I have one more little goofy one. Posted these guys awhile back in another forum.

Centurion on the left, as we all know from the Generations Minicon Assault Team, with his brothers in arms Decurion in the middle and Praetorion on the right.
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756032)
Posted by AlastorXZ on January 16th, 2016 @ 1:45am CST
I'm new here, but i wanted to try this challenge u_u

Captura de pantalla 0028-01-16 a la(s) 02.02.39.png

Captura de pantalla 0028-01-16 a la(s) 02.02.48.png

i didn't take pro pics :c
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756033)
Posted by Mr Skram on January 16th, 2016 @ 2:57am CST
Okay, just one more for the night and I'm done. I swear this time.

A really impractical superweapon of some kind.

My fiancee scoffed that he wasn't pointing the weapon at anything so I had to try. Wasn't that hard, surprisingly. My Tailgate doesn't have particularly tight joints either, and his hips pop out frequently.

One to show it's all him with no extra support.

And just one more cool angle for the road!

I think this is the dumbest thing I've combined. :HEADHURTS: :lol:
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756044)
Posted by lonrac on January 16th, 2016 @ 5:49am CST
.....you know the small print that says 'all products may not be available in all areas'.....
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756080)
Posted by william-james88 on January 16th, 2016 @ 8:51am CST
Here's what I came up with last night just for this challenge. Hope you all enjoy it!

First, to tie it over to the evolution theme of last time:

My, they have grown in 30 years.

Here is the smallest combining component with the largest.

Ok, now we get to the fun stuff, lets mix and match!
I am mostly going by colour palette. Mixing around Grey and White and Red and White.

Here's the brawler!

Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756098)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 16th, 2016 @ 9:49am CST
IMG_20151010_163145484.jpg
IMG_20150829_151115986_HDR.jpg
20151029124912386.jpg
IMG_20141113_120136905.jpg
IMG_20150823_183155698.jpg

When I get CW G2 Bruticus in my hands, he'll consist of a team of 10 bots:
Normal Bruticus, just with swapped limbs and Shockwave as backpack.
Right arm: Vortex
Left arm: Brawl
Legs: Swindle and Blast Off
Also DotM Laserbeak added as wingpack like on Dotm Shockwave above.
DotM Icepick as his handheld weapon on the right or pegged into Vortex' peghole on the forearm.
And last but not least a combo of DotM Dragstrip and Prime Arms Micron Zori M to get the peg of Dragstrips shield mode more centered and pegged into Brawl's peghole on the underside of his forearm.

What do you think about that? I'll post a picture of it as soon as I have G2 Bruticus.
Re: Transformers Photo Challenge # 10: Combiners (1756107)
Posted by no-one on January 16th, 2016 @ 10:58am CST
There is so much awesome happening here I don't even know where to begin.

@Antz - welcome to boards ;)^ I'm loving the angles
@PC82 - cool recreation
@CP - :APPLAUSE: as usual - I also missed the mass shift the first time :BOWDOWN: also, "Overkill" hehe
@Mr Skram - "Coptimus" :lol: also, how many of those green minicon sets do you have?!? - combined weapons never crossed my mind, awesome ;)^
@Cobs - thanks
@Va'al - let's see that new AB accessory you got ;)
@DS - don't sweat the quality, this is about creativity
@AlastorXZ - another hardy welcome! I'm feeling the under lighting
@lonrac - Who's that guy?
@Roberta - what a crazy awesome mix
@Lunatic Prime - another crazy awesome mix, scramble em up - I'd love to see that proposed combiner when you make it

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RISE OF THE DECEPTICONS # 24 OCT 2020 NEW COVER A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.I.D Firebot Dive Bomb & Instructions Evacuate Override Buzzsaw…" on EBAY