Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive

Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 9:00PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Store News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 16,907

Thanks to a heads up from the Planet Iacon Facebook page, we have word that there is a special promotion being run in China for a new mold Power of the Primes Predaking sword. This promotion is set to be run on China's Singles day, which is November 11. For those who don't know, Singles Day is the Chinese equivalent of Black Friday in the US, where you can find insane deals on all kinds of purchasable items.

Important to note, however, is that this sword is only available when one purchases a full Predaking figure. Meaning, if you already have a Predaking and you want the sword, you will need to buy a full 2nd figure in order to get this sword. A Pre-order for the figure can be found HERe.

The sword itself looks really good, and features colors perfectly in tune with the Titan Beast himself.

Check out the promotional image below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Planet Iacon Facebook page, http://tieba.baidu.com, https://detail.tmall.com
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1993132)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on November 7th, 2018 @ 10:10pm CST
I do want this but I have the distinct feeling it would be more expensive to get this than it would be to just get a third party set for Predaking. :SG-CONS:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1993137)
Posted by Flashwave on November 7th, 2018 @ 10:21pm CST
Sword looks great, but I cannot imagine this being inexpensuve enough to be worth the hunt. Pretty happy with my 10 dollar 3P sword from Deep Space.

From the thumbnail image the sword hilt reminded me of the Matrix handles used by the Leaders and Razorclaw, and for a second I got excited aboyt that. But no, hut a colored shape
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1993196)
Posted by joevill on November 8th, 2018 @ 8:57am CST
:-(
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1993237)
Posted by mentre83 on November 8th, 2018 @ 12:42pm CST
Maybe if it came along with a hilt attached to some kind of gown/belt, it would have really improved the figure. As much as I try, I can't get used to those hips.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994229)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 15th, 2018 @ 9:50pm CST
Thanks to a heads up from friend of the site Remourn, we have word that the Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking is now on sale for $139.99 on Amazon.com!

This new price drops Predaking, the mighty beast combiner comprised of Razorclaw, Divebomb, Torax AKA Tantrum, Headstrong, and Rampage, along with the Onyx Prime Prime Master, down $20 from his original $159.99 pricepoint, and it gets even better.

Amazon right now is running a $20 off toy purchases over $100, and Predaking has been shown to be one of the figures that qualifies him for this price drop. If you're keeping track, that means you can purchase a Predaking figure for $119.99, which is 25% off his original price!

You can follow the link above or click the picture below to head on over to Amazon and get yourself a Predaking figure! And if you do get him, let us know about it, and what you think of the toy itself, in the comments section below!

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994232)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 15th, 2018 @ 10:49pm CST
Well, I went ahead and did it, 'bout the best deal we'll probably get outside of waiting for it to show up at bargain stores late next year, plus, this is likely the last legit combiner I'll probably get until monstructor or piranacon come along, and that may be never
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994239)
Posted by Mrjiggy on November 16th, 2018 @ 12:45am CST
Solid deal... likley he will show up at the bargin/closeout stores like every other Titan thus far. However id honestly expect to see some black friday/ cyber monday sales on this guy.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994242)
Posted by Emerje on November 16th, 2018 @ 2:49am CST
Like the others said this is probably about as low as we'll see it this season so I jumped on it. Added a $20 gift card to get the set for $106 and some change!

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994263)
Posted by megatronus on November 16th, 2018 @ 9:07am CST
Finally jumped.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994325)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 16th, 2018 @ 2:51pm CST
Oooh, seeing these pics is making me want him more...

But even if I had the money, he's on the back burner for me for two reasons. A. Titans Return Trypticon and Generations Metroplex are higher-priority and B. His being Titan-class means he's too big to go with the CW-style combiners. Sure, the original Predaking toy was comparatively towering to the other G1 combiner toys, but that's because their individual members were largely midgets among the G1 toys (especially movie-onward, but even pre-movie characters tended to be bigger - just compare Breakdown to Sideswipe and Sunstreaker!) while the individual Predacons were more in scale (such as it was).
He's definitely awesome though, no doubts about that.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Can Onyx Prime be integrated with Preddy in any way? Or was he just packed with him solely as an exclusive to help sales among the Prime Masters collectors?

He functions as a Matrix Core for Predaking's Onyx Matrix. He's set in a Matrix holder (same sculpt as Optimus and Rodimus Prime's) which is placed in a special area behind Razorclaw's lion head.

Just Razorclaw? So he is technically a "Prime" then? Having a Matrix chamber that is. The backpack option and Volcanicus' chest mouth in my opinion don't count.

Who knows, Hasbro hasn't said anything about that. As a torso, Razorclaw bucks the norm by having a Matrix chamber instead of a regular spot for an Enigma (like Grimlock's mouth, Hun-Gurr's "backpack"/Abominus' chest and Starscream's nosecone), but the Onyx Matrix seems to fill a similar role for Predaking and by extension, all Beast Combiners given Onyx's status.

I kinda wish they'd given him an enigma with Animatron's symbol on it. That would have been a perfect fit IMO.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994326)
Posted by o.supreme on November 16th, 2018 @ 2:58pm CST

I too lament, a little that Predaking and Devastator are not scaled to be roughly the same size as other CW/UW/PotP Combiners, but if next years Omega Supreme is also 18 inches tall (or slightly taller, but not 24 inches like the other two city bots), then I can partly excuse it.

Legends EX Metroplex and Grand Max are the big ticket items on my bucket list, with Big Powered and Greatshot being slightly less expensive. Sometimes price and availability dictate what I get next, not necessarily what I want the most.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994327)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 16th, 2018 @ 3:14pm CST
o.supreme wrote:The current deal is good, not quite as sweet as the one I scored a few weeks ago, but still nice. I failed to report that, like most who purchased PotP Predaking, he is much more impressive in-hand than on any video or pics I've seen. I'm glad I have him.

Omega Supreme probably will be more in that height range, considering.

Sabrblade wrote:In all honesty, would people have minded so much if the standard size for Titan class had been the Devastator/Predaking height in the first place, rather than the 2+ feet tall height that Metroplex only had because of a shallow desire to make him taller than G1 Fort Max no matter what (a goal that was shortly undone when Fort Max himself took back the title of "tallest TF toy ever" when he got his own slightly-taller-than-Metroplex Titan figure)?

It wasn't just a shallow desire to make him taller than the original Fort Max, though. It was also about giving him something of the impressive size he has in fiction and also making him better able to act as a dollhouse/base for TFs bigger than the likes of the original Stunticon and Aerialbot toys. After all, "Dollhouse/base for other Transformers" is one of the main points of the cityformers, and of the original G1 cityformer molds only Fort Max is big enough to even remotely manage that for modern TFs larger than Legends-class.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking China Sword Exclusive (1994328)
Posted by megatronus on November 16th, 2018 @ 3:14pm CST

What was the deal a few weeks ago?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers g1 universe gold bumblebee goldbug great shape" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS FALL OF CYBERTRON FOC SOUNDBLASTER 100% COMPLETE! VOYAGER CLASS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot Optimus Prime Fire Station Sounds Bumblebee Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Arcee with 3 blades" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Starscream with painted missiles" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Bumblebee with dual blaster" on EBAY