Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 6:15pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 19,713

* Gameplay seems similar to the Transformers mobile game, Transformers: G1 Awakening, in which characters move around on a 2D landscape, and switches to 3D during battles between characters.

* Each character has seven different attacks of varying strength, each one needing an escalating number of points to use.

* Points are earned by a character each turn, with bonus points awarded for blocking enemy attacks.

* Part of the strategy sounds set to revolve around picking whether to employ low-level attacks to harass enemies, or to take a few rounds to stock some points to bring out a more powerful attack.

* Each character has a character-specific super move, which is activated by using a specific amount of Energon, limited for each mission, so strategizing when to use these moves are paramount. An example of this is Optimus Prime's Vanguard ability, which makes enemies focus on Optimus to give other allies time to withdraw or regroup.

Also included in the article were three in-game images, which have been mirrored below for your viewing convenience:

Transformers News: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details

Transformers News: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details

Transformers News: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details

Credit(s): Siliconera.com

Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1580391)
Posted by Thalack on June 8th, 2014 @ 7:12pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Let's take a break from the console version of the upcoming video game Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark by Edge of Reality, shall we? Thanks to Siliconera.com, we have some details of the upcoming game's 3DS counterpart. Here's the breakdown:

If only I owned 3ds. hmmm *goes to amazon.om to check prices and see how much these things cost*

I just might have to buy myself a 3ds lol
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1580399)
Posted by Uncontrolable_myosin on June 8th, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1580570)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 9th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
Thalack wrote:

I just might have to buy myself a 3ds lol

I wouldn't get a 3ds for this game. If you want a Turn based strategy game, get the 3ds for Fire Emblem:Awakening, not this. A transformers TBS on the 3ds is a waste of potential.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1580572)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 9th, 2014 @ 1:22pm CDT
Uncontrolable_myosin wrote:The 3DS is capable of a much more exciting and fast-paced game. kinda disappointed :/

I know right? The DS could handle 3rd person and first person shooters and the 3ds does those even better. Why not a shooter? It could be because most people aren't conformtable playing shooters with the 3ds without an additional circle pad and i'm sure no one will go out of their way to get that and a 3ds just for this game. I won't even do that. We can look at KidIcarus:Uprising and the wide criticism it received for awkward controls. I know you weren't specifically meaning a shooter, but that's really the only other genre I can see this game as (and prefer it to be). What would you rather it be?

Am I the only one who thinks the 3ds can handle better graphics than this?
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1580862)
Posted by Peridot on June 10th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
starwarrior1227 wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the 3ds can handle better graphics than this?

No. The graphics on this are first-generation-DS quality at best. It looks more like a cheap iPhone/Android app than an actual video game.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1580865)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 10th, 2014 @ 12:38pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:

I'm not sure. The graphics in MGS3d and KI:U looked better than this. Maybe it's the size of pic.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581179)
Posted by Va'al on June 11th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT

Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581187)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on June 11th, 2014 @ 1:56pm CDT
Am I the only one who's happy Grimlock can use guns now? Also looks like he might get to change at will rather than having to "hulk-out"
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581188)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 11th, 2014 @ 1:56pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Another trailer for ...wait, it's Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark and not the movie! And it's a big one, as Fall of Cybertron and Age of Extinction both show up their fierce brawling, metal chomping, fire breathing warrior: Grimlock. Check him out in the embedded clip below, courtesy of the GameStop YouTube channel.

Did they use Megatron's soundclips for Grimlock?
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581190)
Posted by Yweggo on June 11th, 2014 @ 2:18pm CDT
So AoE Grim re-uses FoC Grim's playstyle/animations while FoC Grimlock plays like a normal person?
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581197)
Posted by noctorro on June 11th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CDT
Looks like it,

Not bothered by the re-use of FOC models/anims. Hopefully they focus on the gameplay and not some high graphics standard set by the new-gen consoles.

End of this month, game time!
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581209)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 11th, 2014 @ 3:20pm CDT
noctorro wrote:Looks like it,

End of this month, game time!

Reuse of models isn't a big deal to me. I imagine they did try to optimize it for next gen/ PC.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581215)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 11th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
I'm probably not getting the game but I'm happy to finally see some form of AOE Grimlock's robot mode other than the toy. Hopefully it's a good enough representation of what to expect should he transform in the movie. AOE Grimlock's head looks a bit different from the figure though. Looks like he has some kind of visor.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581217)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 11th, 2014 @ 3:49pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581218)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 11th, 2014 @ 3:51pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Still standing by my resolution: no competitive multiplayer with customization, no immediate buy from me. [-(

I'm not happy by no competitive MP, but I always get TF games day 1, gotta keep up the tradition.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581220)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 11th, 2014 @ 3:53pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:

And that's fine. Normally, I'd try to get it myself. But this year's a little different for me. My finances aren't as stable as they were a year ago. I know I'll get it one day, but 24 June isn't going to be that day.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581222)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 11th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:

Ah finances are the killer, at least on PS3, 360, and PC it's only 49.99.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581258)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2014 @ 5:47pm CDT

Until now, I was thinking it could fit after Megatron's resurrection but before the launch of the two starships, yet Grimlock's dino body activities in the FOC game were so tightly-knit and time-constrained that I honestly now cannot see any way to possibly squeeze RotDS's FOC parts into the main game.

RotDS looks like it'll have to be considered its own separate continuity from the main WFC/FOC games continuity, but still inspired by the continuity of those game.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581261)
Posted by Peridot on June 11th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CDT
What's up with AOE Grimlock's face? It's a completely different from what we've seen on the toys.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS Details (1581535)
Posted by WiseMan on June 12th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Okay, so if FOC Grimlock is in this in his dino body... then I honestly don't see how the FOC parts of this game could possibly fit seamlessly into the story of the actual FOC video game.

Once I saw the gameplay of Grimlock I had the same question.

But so far all of the WFC/FOC characters have been on Cybertron. And remember that Grimlock didn't get on the shuttle at the end of FOC. So as long as FOC Grimlock's gameplay stuff happens AFTER the shuttle leaves, there's a chance it might still fit.

I know it's been said that this is all supposed to happen before FOC, but that's all I've got.

Unless there's time travel involved, which I really hope isn't the case . . .

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Starscream new sealed B002 Hasbro G1 Version" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AOE Age of Extinction Hound Voyager Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS • CYCLONUS •  Combiner Wars - MINT IN BOX - HASBRO Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe WFC-S9 Hound MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 BOMBSHELL Vintage Generations One Insecticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Devastator - Constructicons Set HASBRO Combiner Wars - BNIB" on EBAY